ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 207
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:31 PM 06-06-2020
OK that explains that.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:39 PM 06-18-2020
I got one of those mini casks as an early Father’s Day present. I did the Kentucky bourbon mix, 750ml moonshine, and for something extra I dropped some orange biters and a brown sugar cube in the oak barrel. We’ll see now it turns out in the next few weeks.

Side note I was surprised to read how much faster it ages in the small barrels, but it definitely makes sense since more of it is exposed to the charred oak.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:46 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I got one of those mini casks as an early Father’s Day present. I did the Kentucky bourbon mix, 750ml moonshine, and for something extra I dropped some orange biters and a brown sugar cube in the oak barrel. We’ll see now it turns out in the next few weeks.

Side note I was surprised to read how much faster it ages in the small barrels, but it definitely makes sense since more of it is exposed to the charred oak.
Holy shit.

You’re a father?
[Reply]
RustShack 07:51 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Holy shit.

You’re a father?
Have been for 8 months now.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 09:17 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:

I've had one of those for a few months but I can't decide what to put in the barrel. I was thinking maybe put some port in there and then empty it and put in some makers cask strength which I have a lot of laying around. So I'm thinking like a port cask finished makers cask strength. Any other ideas?...besides antifreeze of course.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:23 PM 06-18-2020
Picked up a Pinhook rye the other day. Pretty good.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:49 AM 06-28-2020
smoking meat night.

Ezra and I have been reacquainted
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 06:07 AM 06-28-2020
Ezra is a fine one to reacquaint yourself with. I’ve recently become charmed by a sly fox called Old Tub. Was located behind the counter and only $20. Clerk tells me it was the mash bill for the original Jack Daniels. Had an interesting cinnamon note.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:19 AM 06-28-2020
Either the clerk is full of shit or your "that"guy who repeats but changes the story to what they want it to be.

I was introduced to this bourbon over 20 years ago by Booker Noe. Google it.

OLD TUB KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON
375ML $15.95
Kentucky- Called Old Tub as a nod to the Beam legacy. The liquid we know today as Jim Beam Bourbon got its start as Old Tub Bourbon, a creation of Jacob Beam in 1795. 100 Proof and aged 4 years. Only available in the state of Kentucky.

"Old Tub is a bottled-in-bond, four year old bourbon you can only pick up at the Beam American Stillhouse, which is the Jim Beam distillery’s uber-vistior experience in the rolling foothills of Clermont, Kentucky."

recent (Jun 23, 2020, 09:00 ET) release from Beam-Suntory

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301081146.html

Old Tub Bourbon (image via Beam-Suntory)

“We’re taking bourbon lovers back in time and making a delicious bourbon true to the way my ancestors intended over 140 years ago, when Old Tub was first crafted,” said Fred Noe, seventh generation master distiller at Jim Beam, in a prepared statement. “I’m excited to share this one-of-a-kind liquid with our fans and provide a bit of authenticity and nostalgia as we head towards another 225 years in the bourbon industry.

This bourbon, bottled in bond at 100 proof, “is best enjoyed neat or in classic cocktails like an Old Fashioned or a Brown Derby, which includes bourbon, grapefruit juice and honey syrup.” It will be available for a limited time at select retailers nationwide starting this month for around $23 per 750 ml bottle.

Official tasting notes for Old Tub suggest a bourbon that is “reminiscent of golden citrine gemstones with shades of honey and has initial waves of oak, followed by ribbons of vanilla and grain. Its robust oaky notes are complimented by hints of grain and warm caramel, with a full-bodied clean finish and lingering warmth.”

Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken:
Ezra is a fine one to reacquaint yourself with. I’ve recently become charmed by a sly fox called Old Tub. Was located behind the counter and only $20. Clerk tells me it was the mash bill for the original Jack Daniels. Had an interesting cinnamon note.

[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 08:53 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Either the clerk is full of shit or your "that"guy who repeats but changes the story to what they want it to be.
Hmmm - maybe a little of both, but thanks coopie coop, always wanted to be ‘that’ guy
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:30 AM 06-28-2020
This is the new whiskey the clerk either was telling you about or was confused by (one or both of you) Insert Jack Daniels anywhere you want.......

This is what the company is allowed to say after the lawyers ripped them a new asshole.

"Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey is inspired by the best whiskey-maker the world never knew, the first known African-American master distiller, Nathan “Nearest” Green. The Uncle Nearest brand, wholly owned by Uncle Nearest, Inc., an all minority-led business, encompasses a premium aged whiskey with a blend of 8- to 14- year old, an 11-year-old minimum age single barrel, and a 7-year-old small batch offering, all mellowed using the Lincoln County Process, a unique filtering of bourbon through sugar maple charcoal. This process has been confirmed to have been brought to Tennessee by enslaved people and taught by Nearest Green to the most famous Tennessee Whiskey maker of all time. Uncle Nearest is distilled, aged, bottled and hand-labeled in Tennessee."

That is what they want you to believe but I know this much is true.

"True history is Dan Call was a Whiskey Maker who inherited his father's still. Dan Call father was Joseph Call from North Carolina, but moved to Lynchburg,TN in 1822 where he continue to make whiskey, a Family Trait from North Carolina. You can verify this by contacting the Call Family Distillery that is in operation in North Carolina. Dan Call taught Nearest Green how to make whiskey who Jack Daniel worked with. Fawn Weaver has done nothing but twist the True History. But like I said before, contact The Call Family Distillery and they will give you the truth."

So... is the Clerk "that Guy" or is it you?

The stories fabricated/ twisted/spun by Fawn Walker are interesting fiction but IMHO all booze awards are bought by the highest winner. After all how can a company sell aged whiskey when there was no company when the whiskey was made?

Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken:
Hmmm - maybe a little of both, but thanks coopie coop, always wanted to be ‘that’ guy

[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 10:54 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
This is the new whiskey the clerk either was telling you about or was confused by (one or both of you) Insert Jack Daniels anywhere you want.......

So... is the Clerk "that Guy" or is it you?

The stories fabricated/ twisted/spun by Fawn Walker are interesting fiction but IMHO all booze awards are bought by the highest winner. After all how can a company sell aged whiskey when there was no company when the whiskey was made?
Thanks for the information, that’s good to know. I’ve heard decent things about Uncle Nearest, too. I’ll let that guy know.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:50 AM 06-28-2020
Has anyone had Connor McGregors whiskey?
[Reply]
phisherman 01:12 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Has anyone had Connor McGregors whiskey?
Yep, it's shit.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:12 PM 06-28-2020
I think Fuzzy's is the only celebrity booze I have ever liked.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 207
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199 > Last »
Up