ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 167
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:54 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
pic?
Just saw this.

Not sure if this will work but it's the best I've got. He got in the middle of a shot as I was figuring out what to do with landscaping a few weeks ago. I got a new phone right before that and haven't transferred any pictures off the old one so I really don't have a better one.
Spoiler!

He clearly thought he heard something in the street/driveway. That dog just moves differently.

You can see in the turn he kinda hunkers and pops his head up. Then he gets into his alert stance.

Kids walk through our yard to go fishing and he has scared the piss right out of them. He looks like he just wants to stare a hole through you for a few seconds but if you don't overreact or be aggressive, he moves past it really quickly and wants to be your buddy.

There's a woman who walks through the neighborhood with a golf club and I just want to tell her that she cannot hit that dog hard enough to hurt it and if she tries, she'll get her arm ripped off.

I may have finally got a decent GIF in there, but I turned an 'iphone livephoto' into a GIF and if you catch that video right as he turns you can just see every muscle he has outlined in that back left leg. He's just athletic and powerful as hell. I kept the spoilered still image here after a few edits just in case you want the still view.

GIF:
Spoiler!

And I'm still not sure I even like him. He feels compelled to bow up to dad about once a week just to see if it'll still get his ass kicked. It will. Most willful, high drive animal I have ever come into contact with. But the 2-yr old boy fell on him last weekend, he quickly let out a low growl before turning and seeing it was the boy and he stood up, rolled the kid off him and wagged his tail before we told him to walk away. 95% of the time he's in a good mood and just a great dog. And he's never actually bit (he mouthed me once and caught me completely off guard, got his whole mouth around my wrist, didn't so much as bruise anything and immediately ducked his head and laid on his side), but he can just be a grumpy little shit from time to time.

I'm just REALLY opposed to 'correcting' a growl. That's how he communicates that he doesn't care for that and if you correct the growl, he'll end up lashing out without any sort of warning at all. You can't expect them to just be automatons that do what they're told - they're allowed a LITTLE agency. So long as he'll give a grumble and then just leave the spot he doesn't want to be in, I'm gonna keep allowing it. Never had to figure out how to deal with this sort of willful before so I'm still feeling my way through it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:45 AM 06-03-2020
he's a good looking boy.

how much does he weigh?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 06-03-2020
he's a good looking boy.

how much does he weigh?
Haven't weighed him in a bit but not nearly as much as I figured he would. Probably somewhere between 80 and 90 lbs. My understanding is that most rots will fill out from 2-3 years old. Their frame doesn't fully broaden as much as many dogs from what I've read. It's also why a lot of them turn into shitheels at around 3 (hormone surge).

Took a shot of him last night but he was just so amped up for dinner. I had him in a down while the kids had gone upstairs for a bath - dinner was over for us and he wasn't allowed to eat OR see his other people so he was just amped way up. Couldn't get him to stay still at all.
Spoiler!

His head's broader than his shoulders so I figure there's another growth spurt still to come that should get his proportions back in order. My labs always had an 'awkward teenager' stage where they were all heads and legs and I figure the Rotty is just behind 'em a bit due to the breed.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:27 AM 06-03-2020
For the first time in my life, I'm dogless.

My Angel, who I got a month after my brother died, passed away last fall. She was a Great Pyrenees / Lab mix. A great freaking dog. She was 14 years old.

And then last week, out 16 year old chihuahua mix passed away.

If anyone knows of a reputable person who may have lab/Great pyrennes mixes, please let me know

/doubt the images shows up, lets see what happens.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:10 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
And then last week, out 16 year old chihuahua mix passed away.
My condolences man. My 10 y/o presa was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few weeks ago. Medications have stabilized her and, for the most part, her quality of life is near normalcy. That said, I know her time is drawing near
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:51 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by SLAG:
here is the wife and our "pretty girl" whom we later found out was a pretty boy..

so we still call him "Baby"

not so social but we try

Here's our guy Mini Dachshund.
Attached: IMG_0386.jpg (134.2 KB) 
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:54 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Haven't weighed him in a bit but not nearly as much as I figured he would. Probably somewhere between 80 and 90 lbs. My understanding is that most rots will fill out from 2-3 years old. Their frame doesn't fully broaden as much as many dogs from what I've read. It's also why a lot of them turn into shitheels at around 3 (hormone surge).

Took a shot of him last night but he was just so amped up for dinner. I had him in a down while the kids had gone upstairs for a bath - dinner was over for us and he wasn't allowed to eat OR see his other people so he was just amped way up. Couldn't get him to stay still at all.
Spoiler!

His head's broader than his shoulders so I figure there's another growth spurt still to come that should get his proportions back in order. My labs always had an 'awkward teenager' stage where they were all heads and legs and I figure the Rotty is just behind 'em a bit due to the breed.
i'll see if i can get a pic of mine tonight. she's 3.5 i think and probably weighs north of 125lbs.

she looks almost just like the picture they had on their site of her dad sitting in front of a hay bale.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:56 PM 06-03-2020
that's an awesome looking pup DJ.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:59 PM 06-03-2020
her daddy
looking at this she's actually probably bigger than him.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:00 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
My condolences man. My 10 y/o presa was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few weeks ago. Medications have stabilized her and, for the most part, her quality of life is near normalcy. That said, I know her time is drawing near
Thanks. Yeah you make a pact with grief when you get them.

The little guy was given a few months to live 2 years ago because of kidney issues but the vet food they prescribed really helped him. You really never know how long they might last.

And its all about that quality of life.

Hope for the best for your presa.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:07 PM 06-03-2020
Yeah, pretty sure a growth spurt won't get my boy to where your girl is, then. That's a wide-ass dog and 10-12 months won't get him to that size.

I almost wonder if it isn't because I worry so much about joints. I always keep them on puppy food through about 18 months because I want those bones to develop pretty slowly to keep his joints healthy. And I keep my pups about 20% above the bottom of the 'recommended' weight range, still well within a healthy range but also a little below the median 'ideal' weight. The tuck he has in that still picture is the tuck I've tried to keep on him since about 6 months when I cut back his feeding to once a day (I let them have their fat puppy bellies for the first several months due to rapid early-life growth/energy needs).

But if you try to slow grow them, I'm guessing eventually the growth hormones just slow quite a bit and by the time you get off puppy food onto stuff that doesn't try to slow their growth, they've kinda run out of fuel in that regard.

Best theory I have really. But every other dog I've had has locked right into the middle of breed standard by adulthood and generally looked exactly like mom/pop.

This one's just a little confounding to me. I don't imagine he'll even get as big as my big ol' blocky black lab is. He'll be somewhere between the two chocolate's that came before him - tall as the taller brother and as wide as the broader one. Those guys spent 10-12 (of 14 and 15) years locked between 72 and 75 lbs with really no vacillation. The Black lab is generally between 80 and 90 lbs. If Winston fills out to his build but another inch or two taller, he might creep to 100 when I forget to monitor his weight as well, but I'll probably try to keep him at about 90.

Just not gonna be a truly large dog - which is probably okay because like I said here when I bought him - 130 lb dog would be fun but probably just a little more than I wanted anyway.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
that's an awesome looking pup DJ.
Obliged, sir. I was always a little nervous when shopping because sometimes their markings just don't 'age' well. They wash out some, don't stay symmetrical, etc...

But I've been damn pleased with his. Still a really nice contrast, very good symmetry and just about perfect sizes/shapes.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:52 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Spoiler!

Beautiful dog. We had a rottie when I was a kid named Scarlett. Phenomenal pup
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:52 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Here's our guy Mini Dachshund.
Also a cutie!
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:14 PM 06-06-2020
Witness a lottery winner. No kids or other animals to compete with and heated basement carpet (soon to be replaced with tile as I vehemently hate carpet).

[Reply]
Page 141 of 167
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Up