ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Carl Peterson and Dick Vermeil go in-depth on their time in KC
Stargazer 09:28 AM 06-05-2020
Carl and Dick were special guests on the Elite Sports Podcast this week and it's interesting to hear Carl go in-depth on the playoff losses, hiring Marty, drafting DT laying the groundwork for the organization. Dick..well he just wanted better athletes on defense!

Listen: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000476762480
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:40 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Damn. Being a little harsh.. I thought DV was a good HC. The way he transformed the offense was great just couldn't get a good DC.
I'm not being harsh at all.

The Chiefs purposely passed on Brees - that's a fact. Al Saunders even talked about on 810 before and after the draft.

Peterson drafted players for his coaches and Vermeil had a shitty eye for talent, not only in KC but in St. Louis as well. He said that Priest Holmes was a nice "3rd down back", drafted Jared Allen with the intent of using him at longsnapper (not DE), raved about shitballs like Ryan Sims and Snoop Minnis and so on.

He hired the largest coaching staff in the NFL at the time, which featured several former head coaches but couldn't put together even a modicum of a defense during his entire 5 year tenure.

He sucked ass and wasted an offensive juggernaut. Fuck him and his fucking wine.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:35 AM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

The Chiefs purposely passed on Brees - that's a fact. Al Saunders even talked about on 810 before and after the draft.

Peterson drafted players for his coaches and Vermeil had a shitty eye for talent, not only in KC but in St. Louis as well. He said that Priest Holmes was a nice "3rd down back", drafted Jared Allen with the intent of using him at longsnapper (not DE), raved about shitballs like Ryan Sims and Snoop Minnis and so on.

He hired the largest coaching staff in the NFL at the time, which featured several former head coaches but couldn't put together even a modicum of a defense during his entire 5 year tenure.

He sucked ass and wasted an offensive juggernaut. **** him and his ****ing wine.
^This.
[Reply]
Three7s 07:02 AM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

He sucked ass and wasted an offensive juggernaut. **** him and his ****ing wine.
Snoop Minnis was actually quite good stat wise in his rookie year, but it's true that he was too slow for his size, and apparently had issues learning the full playbook because he kept running the wrong routes. That might've been a reason for why Green threw so many picks in 2001.

I did watch a few games from the 2001 season and he made some really nice plays and it seemed like he had good ball skills. It's sad that he didn't have the body or the brain to make it work.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up