JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
Bump 07:59 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not sure if Sammy retired. He was on a team last season, iirc. Even if he is, he'd still be a much better WR than MVS right this second. Better hands, MUCH better route-runner, actually has a release package, MUUUUUUCH better ball tracker, MUCH better twitch, actually can make sight adjustments . . . the only thing MVS is better at than Sammy is running fast in a straight line.
If he can still play then ya I wouldn't mind bringing him back at all. But those injuries take their toll. Maybe we'll just sign Zay Jones since he's visiting and that's probably fine too.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:02 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
If he can still play then ya I wouldn't mind bringing him back at all. But those injuries take their toll. Maybe we'll just sign Zay Jones since he's visiting and that's probably fine too.

Oh, yeah. Sammy's injury issues can't be overlooked. I wasn't serious about bringing Sammy in for a look, just noting that the difference between Sammy and MVS as WRs in terms of capabilities/talent is . . . vast.

I wouldn't mind Zay either, for that matter. Might be that he just needs a real offense and better coaching to open up his game.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:09 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not sure if Sammy retired. He was on a team last season, iirc. Even if he is, he'd still be a much better WR than MVS right this second. Better hands, MUCH better route-runner, actually has a release package, MUUUUUUCH better ball tracker, MUCH better twitch, actually can make sight adjustments . . . the only thing MVS is better at than Sammy is running fast in a straight line.
Man. Sammy has had a weird career, his first 2 seasons were by far his best over 9 years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:15 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Man. Sammy has had a weird career, his first 2 seasons were by far his best over 9 years.

definitely. Could've had a much greater career, but injuries and God knows what else prevented that. You know he only played a complete season once in his career? Even the year he eclipsed 1,000 yards he only played in 13 games. But after that season I remember a lot of talking heads saying he could be a perennial top-15 WR in the league, if he could stay healthy. He had that kind of talent.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:25 PM 05-08-2024
Still think the priority is improving the floor at LT. Zay Jones cheap is a perfectly OK stop gap at WR. I think we're probably OK with just Worthy and Brown, and better than last year, even if we get nothing from Toney and Moore.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:15 AM 05-09-2024
What are the rules for signing players from other sports?

Anthony Edwards loves football, and once said if he was signed to the NFL he would quit the NBA. He is 6'4" 225 lbs, and one of the most ridiculous athletes on earth.

Maybe this is already a thing, but I feel like the scouting department should have a team that only evaluates players from non football sports.

I have always said Jamari Traylor could have been an amazing tight end. He was never going to play in the NBA, so why not take a chance.

I know whatshisface just said he could put 30 NBA players in the NFL, and lots of people think he is crazy, including JJ Watt. But, the NFL thinks a 6'6" TE is big, but that is a guard in the NBA. And a lot of forwards in the NBA could probably be good enough at receiver to be a WR3 at least.

LeBron was a highly rated WR in high school. Many of the NBA players probably played high school football at least.

And is there a sumo wrestler out there with enough speed and lateral agility to play offensive line? What about Lacrosse? Track? Soccer? And obviously Rugby.

I am so damn high and I am now envisioning a UFL franchise, who, through some calamity or other, cannot employee members of the UFL Players Union, so they recruit from every other sport, and we get a tryout montage, and an inspirational underdog movie out of it.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:02 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Anthony Edwards loves football, and once said if he was signed to the NFL he would quit the NBA. He is 6'4" 225 lbs, and one of the most ridiculous athletes on earth.

Maybe this is already a thing, but I feel like the scouting department should have a team that only evaluates players from non football sports.

I have always said Jamari Traylor could have been an amazing tight end. He was never going to play in the NBA, so why not take a chance.

I know whatshisface just said he could put 30 NBA players in the NFL, and lots of people think he is crazy, including JJ Watt. But, the NFL thinks a 6'6" TE is big, but that is a guard in the NBA. And a lot of forwards in the NBA could probably be good enough at receiver to be a WR3 at least.

LeBron was a highly rated WR in high school. Many of the NBA players probably played high school football at least.

And is there a sumo wrestler out there with enough speed and lateral agility to play offensive line? What about Lacrosse? Track? Soccer? And obviously Rugby.

I am so damn high and I am now envisioning a UFL franchise, who, through some calamity or other, cannot employee members of the UFL Players Union, so they recruit from every other sport, and we get a tryout montage, and an inspirational underdog movie out of it.
NO way he is walking away from max fully guaranteed NBA contracts and shorter career for the NFL
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:08 AM 05-09-2024

Die dumbass
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:53 AM 05-09-2024
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...dwards-nba-nfl
[Reply]
staylor26 08:35 AM 05-09-2024

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:38 AM 05-09-2024
I do worry a bit about the number of visits he's taken. That's the same thing Hopkins did.

That many visits often means he has health issues or unreasonable salary demands.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:57 AM 05-09-2024
Sign LeBron!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:04 PM 05-09-2024

We have signed WR Allen Robinson

📰: https://t.co/SRGjmcuqrR pic.twitter.com/zj3WsAuIBl

— New York Giants (@Giants) May 9, 2024

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:06 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Lol how does this guy still keep getting work.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:12 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Lol how does this guy still keep getting work.
Because washed up pile of ass Allen Robinson was still better in 2023 than Skyy Moore has ever been.

But no...he probably shouldn't be an on NFL roster these days...
[Reply]
Page 362 of 365
« First < 262312352358359360361362 363364365 >
Up