ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 12 of 114
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:26 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I don't vote or operate based on fear. And you shouldn't either but based on this thread you have a lot going on in your life.
Isn't it great he cares so much...when he lives in Florida?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:27 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think you truly understand how many people in today's environment have absolutely zero desire to give billionaires money.
You do realize today’s vote is just continuing the same 3/8-cent sales tax that those “billionaires” are already getting?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:28 PM 04-02-2024
I don't vote or operate based on fear. And you shouldn't either but based on this thread you have a lot going on in your life.
Tell that to Charger and Raider fans.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:28 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
You do realize today’s vote is just continuing the same 3/8-cent sales tax that those “billionaires” are already getting?
Should we pay that tax till the end of time just because?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:29 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
And St. Louis fans who have lost two NFL franchises.
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:29 PM 04-02-2024
Fuck them as well.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:29 PM 04-02-2024
Should we pay that tax till the end of time just because?
Have you calculated how much that sales tax has cost you personally on an annual basis?
[Reply]
BWillie 12:30 PM 04-02-2024
I don't think you truly understand how many people in today's environment have absolutely zero desire to give billionaires money.
Small markets dont have a choice. It is the world we live in. Also gives the community pride and solidarity. A sense of togetherness instead of divisiveness which the world needs more and more everyday.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:31 PM 04-02-2024
Fuck them as well.
No, i get it. You dont give a shit about your city retaining its sports franchises.

You think that these teams are just bluffing and they wont move.

Dumbass Chargers, Raiders and Rams fans thought the same shit.

You shoulda seen the crying after the Chargers left town.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:32 PM 04-02-2024
Specifically for sports... people who give no shits about sports already pay out the ass for cable/streaming due to sports, much less any taxes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:33 PM 04-02-2024
It's ok Charger fans, we know you lost an NFL team and a 70,000 seat stadium, but here's the San Diego Loyal Soccer club and a 35K seat stadium in its place!
[Reply]
Mecca 12:33 PM 04-02-2024
No, i get it. You dont give a shit about your city retaining its sports franchises.

You think that these teams are just bluffing and they wont move.

Dumbass Chargers, Raiders and Rams fans thought the same shit.

You shoulda seen the crying after the Chargers left town.
I like how the rates of anything and everything are comically overpriced, yet here we are being told we have to give billionaires more money.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:34 PM 04-02-2024
It's ok Charger fans, we know you lost an NFL team and a 70,000 seat stadium, but here's the San Diego Loyal Soccer club and a 35K seat stadium in its place!
You also seem to forget not everyone even gives a flying fuck about sports.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:35 PM 04-02-2024
And the hilarity of people not wanting to keep an existing 3/8-cent sales tax in place… only to watch the Chiefs/Royals leave Jackson County… and take with them the revenue they generate for the county.

Not to mention having major professional sports teams is what differentiates KC from the likes of Wichita, Des Moines, Omaha, Louisville, etc.

A strange hill to die on… all to avoid keeping the exact same 3/8-cent sales tax in place.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:36 PM 04-02-2024
If anyone cares Oklahoma City just had a vote like this to give the Thunder a new stadium, even though their current one was built only 20 years ago. The Thunder were basically saying we're gonna move if you dont pay for the entire thing. (Or 95%+) and the vote passed rather easily.

KC isnt NY or LA or Chicago or Dallas. The owners of the team around here can, should, and can ask for the world. It would really be bad business not to.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 114
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up