ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 176
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 07:06 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I guess if you're a knowledgeable fan, you should be wiser........but I would be somewhat ticked if I just bought season tickets 2-3 years ago.

I'm assuming you have to renew prior to the FA period???

Just a damn shame the MLB cant have a spending floor and spending cap.
#yankees #redsox #dodgers
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:13 PM 02-19-2018
Saw someone ask this question. Thoughts? Is the deal official? They've tweeted out about other Royals that signed elsewhere.

Does anyone else find it odd that the Royals haven’t tweeted “Thank you, Hoz” or good luck?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:24 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Saw someone ask this question. Thoughts? Is the deal official? They've tweeted out about other Royals that signed elsewhere.

Does anyone else find it odd that the Royals haven’t tweeted “Thank you, Hoz” or good luck?
Pretty sure they found it weird Hos gave Yost the silent treatment after his life threatening injury.

Yost and GMDM have offered nothing but praise to Hos since the signing, but you know on a deeper level they have to be a bit surprised about he and Moose's attitudes this offseason.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:34 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Hosmer leads all Royals single post season RBI with 27 compared to George Brett 23. So I was right you can look at post season stats and say Hosmer was better than George Brett.
What are eras like compared to back then?
[Reply]
tk13 08:00 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I guess if you're a knowledgeable fan, you should be wiser........but I would be somewhat ticked if I just bought season tickets 2-3 years ago.

I'm assuming you have to renew prior to the FA period???

Just a damn shame the MLB cant have a spending floor and spending cap.
The luxury tax has essentially become a salary cap at this point. That's why the players are ticked and complaining about it to the media every day. Nobody wants to go over it. 10 years ago the Royals would have been blown away by the Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, etc. for Hosmer. Even Ned said something to that effect the other day... they thought they wouldn't have a chance.

Instead the Royals lost Hosmer to the Padres, and Cain to the Brewers. It's not like either of those teams are big spenders. They both still have lower payrolls than the Royals... and by a decent margin too. We didn't get outbid by the big boys here. We got outbid by teams with less money and more payroll flexibility. Teams are way, way more economically savvy than they used to be.
[Reply]
Bufkin 08:20 PM 02-19-2018
What’s gonna make this year suck isn’t the fact that we may lose 100 games. It sucks that even the few rootable players we will have like Duffy and Merrifield aren’t completely safe to stick around the entire year.

I guess we can at least guarantee that Gordon and Escobar ain’t going anywhere at the deadline. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 08:22 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
What’s gonna make this year suck isn’t the fact that we may lose 100 games. It sucks that even the few rootable players we will have like Duffy and Merrifield aren’t completely safe to stick around the entire year.

I guess we can at least guarantee that Gordon and Escobar ain’t going anywhere at the deadline. :-)
I thought that the biggest problem was that were gonna watch a 100 loss team with no hope for the future for many years.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:26 PM 02-19-2018
I guess I am surprised that anyone is mad at Hosmer for taking the money and living in San Diego...
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:42 PM 02-19-2018

I'm told Eric Hosmer will wear No. 30 to honor his late teammate Yordano Ventura.

— AJ Cassavell (@AJCassavell) February 20, 2018

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:10 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

That's cool
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:11 PM 02-19-2018

IT’S OFFICIAL!

The #Padres have signed Eric Hosmer to an eight-year contract: https://t.co/UsgyvK5TIU pic.twitter.com/OUQ5Yzso5p

— San Diego Padres (@Padres) February 20, 2018

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:12 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Pretty sure they found it weird Hos gave Yost the silent treatment after his life threatening injury.

Yost and GMDM have offered nothing but praise to Hos since the signing, but you know on a deeper level they have to be a bit surprised about he and Moose's attitudes this offseason.
Looks like they thanked him now

@Royals: Thank you for everything, @TheRealHos35. #RaisedRoyal https://twitter.com/Royals/status/96...761856/photo/1
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:13 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Looks like they thanked him now

@Royals: Thank you for everything, @TheRealHos35. #RaisedRoyal https://twitter.com/Royals/status/96...761856/photo/1
Ah, cool. Looks like they were waiting for the Pads to go official. That makes a heck of a lot more sense than my tinfoiling.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:30 PM 02-19-2018
Ah, cool. Looks like they were waiting for the Pads to go official. That makes a heck of a lot more sense than my tinfoiling.
Wouldn't have surprised me with Neds comments earlier though. Makes me wonder if what he said reflects more on Boras than Hosmer. Still, Hoz should've checked how his old skipper was doing.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:14 AM 02-20-2018
The Scott Boras PR machine
[Reply]
Page 113 of 176
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163 > Last »
Up