ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1162 of 3903
« First < 16266210621112115211581159116011611162 116311641165116611721212126216622162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 03:19 PM 04-06-2020
Speaking of the flu. It turns out social distancing and people washing their hands puts an end to flu season rather quickly. Missouri's flu activity has all but halted.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:19 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Speaking of the flu. It turns out social distancing and people washing their hands puts an end to flu season rather quickly. Missouri's flu activity has all but halted.
We are also coming to the end of flu season. But I'm sure it helped.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:21 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Anyone claiming to know what IT is right now is ignorant. Serology might show us 100+ million had it. Who knows, but I know I dont and YOU dont.

So yeah it could STILL be very much like the flu.
Actually, in small population studies we know that is not even close. And that this likely has a higher death rate that China originally reported.

This is a much stronger virus that we anticipated or previously thought.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:22 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Actually, in small population studies we know that is not even close. And that this likely has a higher death rate that China originally reported.

This is a much stronger virus that we anticipated or previously thought.
based on what? Is it based on South Korea's sub 1% mortality rate or what?

We have NO fucking clue how many people have had it, and not been tested.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:23 PM 04-06-2020
Germany and USA are the ONLY two countries doing testing in large scale.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:24 PM 04-06-2020

We have NO ****ing clue how many people have had it, and not been tested.
We don't have exact numbers on who died from it either , we might not know the extent of this for decades to come.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:27 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
We don't have exact numbers on who died from it either , we might not know the extent of this for decades to come.
True we don't even know if the number that are being reported of dying from it are 100% accurate based on other countries certain metrics for calculating it.

But it wont take decades to know.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:29 PM 04-06-2020
True we don't even know if the number that are being reported of dying from it are 100% accurate based on other countries certain metrics for calculating it.

We don’t even know the real numbers in the US

From worldometers

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee [source]
[source]

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:32 PM 04-06-2020
I went to Costco for the first time in nearly 4 weeks.

What a waste of time.

Besides the fact they didn't have toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, bleach, disinfectant wipes, dish soap, windex and any other cleaning and paper related products, there just wasn't a whole helluva lot of other food available.

Surprisingly, Costco was out of microwave popcorn! WTF? So, I drove to another Costco (which I hate) and they didn't have popcorn, either. I went online and saw that people are selling Kirkland Microwave Popcorn, which is normally $9.99 for 44 bags, for $44.95! Others are price-gouging big time as well.

Toilet paper, I get. Microwave popcorn? We have a shortage of microwave popcorn in this country? I'm just at a loss for words.

Also, gasoline is still $3.79 a gallon out here.

Probably 70% of the people I saw were wearing a mask and around 50% had on gloves. Social Distancing wasn't an issue in Burbank but in Los Feliz/Glendale, NO ONE was SDing.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:33 PM 04-06-2020

There are still questions regarding the pandemic in 1918.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:34 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

What a waste of time.

Besides the fact they didn't have toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, bleach, disinfectant wipes, dish soap, windex and any other cleaning and paper related products, there just wasn't a whole helluva lot of other food available.

Surprisingly, Costco was out of microwave popcorn! WTF? So, I drove to another Costco (which I hate) and they didn't have popcorn, either. I went online and saw that people are selling Kirkland Microwave Popcorn, which is normally $9.99 for 44 bags, for $44.95! Others are price-gouging big time as well.

Toilet paper, I get. Microwave popcorn? We have a shortage of microwave popcorn in this country? I'm just at a loss for words.

They are trying to put in a price gouging law in Ontario not sure where they are with it. Just seems like an evil thing to do during a crisis, even with popcorn.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:34 PM 04-06-2020

We have NO ****ing clue how many people have had it, and not been tested.
Glad you brought that up. South Korea is the closest we can find to broad testing of everyone, including asymptomatic in a given area. They tested almost 500k. 186 deaths. 6,598 recovered. 186/6,784 = 2.75%.

They also aren't fat pieces of shit and are a very healthy population.

This idea that it is as lethal as the flu is ridiculous. This idea that it has been here community spreading since December and all of this is just a product of the media is ridiculous.

We've tested 1.9M people in USA and 362k have it. These are almost all primarily people who have flu or cold symptoms. Not all, but definitely the majority. If only 19% of people who take a Covid-19 test have it who have flu and cold like symptoms, there is no way that 50% or even 25% of our population have it like some people want to claim.

I am grateful we enacted social distancing measures when we could but many states like Georgia and Louisiana really dropped the ball.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:37 PM 04-06-2020
A study by disease modelers at the University of Texas at Austin states that "Given the low testing rates throughout the country, we assume that 1 in 10 cases are tested and reported. If a county has detected only 1 case of COVID-19, there is a 51%
chance that there is already a growing outbreak underway" [source]

[Reply]
Bwana 03:45 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

What a waste of time.

Probably 70% of the people I saw were wearing a mask and around 50% had on gloves. Social Distancing wasn't an issue in Burbank but in Los Feliz/Glendale, NO ONE was SDing.
I mean, I get the TP and cleaning products, but popcorn? What in the ever living hell?

Prices seem to be all over the board on Amazon.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:46 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Stay Tuned..............
[Reply]
Page 1162 of 3903
« First < 16266210621112115211581159116011611162 116311641165116611721212126216622162 > Last »
Up