ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let them in?
DaFace 10:30 PM 11-22-2020
Am I the only one who would have preferred we just let them in once it was 1st and Goal from the 1? I trust Mahomes to drive down for the win a hell of a lot more than I trust our defense to get 4 stops in a row.

I'm sure a coach would get destroyed if they did it and made it obvious, but it sure feels like Mahomes changes the equation there.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:12 PM 11-22-2020
We have the best QB and kicker in the game. You take the chance. If you succeed, game is over. If you don't, the Chiefs had a way to get the ball back with plenty of time left.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:15 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
The Raiders kind of helped us as well. I was surprised that Chucky didn't try to at least run it one more time to force KC to take up some timeouts. And when they did score, I said "They left too much time on the clock."
This. I figured he'd just run the ball and force us to use time outs. But, they also needed a score, and I'm sure you just have to hope that your D can stop the Chiefs. They'd done it before in the game, so it wasn't crazy...improbable, but not crazy.

Damn, what a great game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:17 PM 11-22-2020
I said let them score when they got inside the 20 yard line.

I have to remember that Mahomes only needs a minute to score a TD.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:43 PM 11-22-2020
We do have the best QB and one of the best kickers in the game, although kicker is better for FG than PATs. Because of that, I don’t think that we should have let them in. Mahomes had a whole 30 seconds on the clock he didn’t need. Maybe Dirty Dan gets his interception in the end zone and the last drive isn’t necessary.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:11 AM 11-23-2020
Yeah I'd probably just let them punch it in. However once it became 2nd and goal from the 6 yard line, I'd try to stop them but use timeouts to save the clock. Andy did exactly that. When they got it to 3rd and goal at the 1 yard line, the Chiefs did the right thing and burned a timeout.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:48 AM 11-23-2020
Never Surrender!
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 12:51 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I wonder if they would have if the clock had gotten to a certain point
This is pretty much what Andy said in his post-game presser. “We had plenty of time. Might’ve done differently if we didn’t have plenty of time.”
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:52 AM 11-23-2020
No. We would have scored too quickly.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:05 AM 11-23-2020
I would have declined the false start and not even try to stop them the play before.

Swallow your pride and determine what is the most probable outcome. Stopping a team on 1st in goal or giving the best QB in the league the ball to score at least 3 pts. It was the easiest decision ever and Reid botched it. It ended up not mattering but making the correct decision is important. Reid needs to get better at tactical football and time management. He schemes up the best offense in the game, but thats always been his problem. Clock mgmt and these situations.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:10 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Am I the only one who would have preferred we just let them in once it was 1st and Goal from the 1? I trust Mahomes to drive down for the win a hell of a lot more than I trust our defense to get 4 stops in a row.

I'm sure a coach would get destroyed if they did it and made it obvious, but it sure feels like Mahomes changes the equation there.
I agreed until the penalty and since it was second down we had the TOs to save the clock after second and, if necessary, third down. Andy, for once, used his timeouts perfectly in that spot.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 08:22 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Someone actually asked him about this in the postgame, and he actually said that there's a time and a place for that, but we weren't to that point.

We did have another time out after all, so in theory even if they'd scored with 4 runs, we still would have gotten the ball with around 1:30 left (though with zero timeouts). I can buy that we weren't QUITE to the point that we had to resort to something drastic.
I am glad that the coach is smart enough to acknowledge it’s a genuine tactical option given the ability of this team to strike quickly. Much better than a coach trying to deflect and just say we always try to stop.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:45 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I would have declined the false start and not even try to stop them the play before.

Swallow your pride and determine what is the most probable outcome. Stopping a team on 1st in goal or giving the best QB in the league the ball to score at least 3 pts. It was the easiest decision ever and Reid botched it. It ended up not mattering but making the correct decision is important. Reid needs to get better at tactical football and time management. He schemes up the best offense in the game, but thats always been his problem. Clock mgmt and these situations.
Once they false started we had a decent chance at stopping them. That 3rd down play was well covered. Kpass just lost Witten for a split second and still almost broke it up. Would they have gotten it on 4th down? Probably but it only would've taken another couple seconds. No matter what we were getting the ball back with plenty of time. I think Andy played it just fine there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:47 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Just stick to betting. Football isn't simple math and you don't seem to ever understand that.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:50 AM 11-23-2020
Yes. Because the refs were trying to assist the Fade once again.

The no call on intentional grounding, would have been 4th and long. False Start on the Witten TD too. Same old BS.

Let them score.

However, we might have left too much time on the clock had we done that.

LOL
[Reply]
Lzen 08:54 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You don't want to shit on your defense's confidence or whatever. At least that's what I've been told.

I would have been fine with Spags just going ultra goddamn aggressive to maybe create a big negative play, which would stop them as long as we used the timeouts. The Raiders can probably still score, but it's not like we told the defense to let them in.
I would have preferred that approach. In fact, I was yelling it at the tv last night. :-) I would rather they score against us late in that fashion then allow them to take all the time off the clock and score a TD anyway.

In fact, it didn't appear that we blitzed much at all against them last night. And the few times we did, it was a cluster****. It appeared that they were afraid to try that approach as the Raiders burned us repeatedly at Arrowhead. I guess you could say this more conservative approach worked. It is a good thing that our offense was on last night or this approach could have been a bad thing.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up