ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 34
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** ChiefsPlanet Coronavirus 2020 Infection and Tales****
threebag 01:38 PM 03-10-2020
This is the Official Scorecard of the WuFlu, Coronavirus, COVID-19 or other shit.

Since the next best thing since sliced bread or Chiefs Super Bowl Victories is making its way across the globe. This is a more personal thread to monitor who, when, where, how and other related shit. If you are prepping, what’s your plan of attack? Toilet Paper-face masks or Face masks-Toilet Paper? If you are just scrubbing your hands and singing an endless loop of Happy Birthday, what soap are you using? Grab your collective asses and hold on. Bleach your keyboards and offer up the best ya got.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:46 PM 03-20-2020
I don't know about anything, but I'm fucking bored and drinking this weekend. Is there an online party I can go to? I'll turn my webcam on and get extremely overserved.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:46 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I was basically raised by CP and I turned out alright.
Weren’t you in jail?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:47 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Weren’t you in jail?
And you're Canadian. Nobody's perfect.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:48 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Touché
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:51 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't know about anything, but I'm ****ing bored and drinking this weekend. Is there an online party I can go to? I'll turn my webcam on and get extremely overserved.
Fire up the chat room
[Reply]
jdubya 04:50 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I think it's because around here there have been very few confirmed cases. If we get a major spike I believe we'll see a lot more business's shutting down or scaling back even more.
If you wait for the "major spike", then its too late. The whole theory is based on eliminating the major spike by sheltering in place early before anybody shows symptoms.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:59 PM 03-20-2020
I don't know about anything, but I'm ****ing bored and drinking this weekend. Is there an online party I can go to? I'll turn my webcam on and get extremely overserved.
sounds good. We should get something going this weekend. Some kind of late night coronavirus shut in virtual party.
[Reply]
loochy 06:14 PM 03-20-2020
If I was guaranteed availability of groceries, I'd be able to live like this for quite a while. Working in an empty office, grabbing takeout and coming home is fine with me. If I knew it'd be long germ, I'd go ahead and buy a big barbell and dumbell setup and I'd have the gym thing taken care of.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:20 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
If I was guaranteed availability of groceries, I'd be able to live like this for quite a while. Working in an empty office, grabbing takeout and coming home is fine with me. If I knew it'd be long germ, I'd go ahead and buy a big barbell and dumbell setup and I'd have the gym thing taken care of.
If I have general services and food. I am good.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:51 PM 03-20-2020
The gym thing sucks. It's my stress reliever and basically my only hobby as the rest of my life is work or fatherhood. Working out at home blows and my intensity isn't the same, not to mention lack of equipment anyway. Not complaining but it's wrecking my mental health a bit.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:55 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
My son goes to UW in Seattle. They have made all classes this week, and the finals next week, on-line only. This isn't a huge problem but they also canceled all face-to-face office hours with the profs. He is trying to finish up a big project (he's in CS) and needs some help so that's kind of inconvenient.

Don't know what will happen next quarter. It depends on the spread, I guess. He has just the one quarter to go to graduate so the timing of this really sucks.
Talked to him last Wednesday and he said UW had announced that it was going to go to all on-line for the entire quarter. He also said he got an email from Housing and they were encouraging students to move out of the dorms. He was supposed to fly home Thursday for spring break and we planned to discuss if he wanted to move back home to finish the quarter remotely. I thought if he did, he could fly back as scheduled on Mar 29, do the first week of classes and then we would come over to move him back the following weekend.

Thursday morning, though, I started hearing rumblings that Seattle may go to a shelter in place and there could even be travel restrictions. It made me nervous about waiting two weeks. He agreed, so my wife and I jumped in the truck and headed over. It's six hours one way so it made for a very long day to go over, load his stuff and head back in one day.

The crazy thing was the traffic. The section of I-5 that we have to drive that goes through downtown Seattle is usually crazy and it isn't unusual for it to take almost a half hour to go roughly seven miles. We got into town at 5:15 pm and sailed up I-5 at 60+. The University District was still busy but overall, it was pretty easy driving.

I'm glad to have him out of Seattle and avoiding two flights was a bonus. I suspect next quarter will be a bit of a struggle to stay focused since he's out of the university environment but he'll manage. Also, that was our 20th college move (two kids, five years each, one trip to and one trip back) and I'm glad they are done.
[Reply]
Donger 11:58 AM 03-21-2020
If I knew it'd be long germ.
:-)
[Reply]
bdj23 01:45 PM 03-21-2020
Play live dealer baccarat while completely shitfaced
[Reply]
loochy 01:58 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Damn, even my autocorrect is prone to Freudian slips
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:26 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
[Reply]