ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3048 of 3903
« First < 2048254829482998303830443045304630473048 30493050305130523058309831483548 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 07:47 AM 10-27-2020
(Lowers head and stares at floor)

Guys, antibodies will always and were always going to wane. It takes energy and resources to continue to make them, our bodies aren't in the mode to waste either of those. This is why we have memory B and T cells.
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 10-27-2020
We'll see if it holds, but our county numbers are going down pretty nicely. Hospitalizations aren't going down as quick, but it's looking like alot of that is from the rural areas.
[Reply]
loochy 08:11 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
We'll see if it holds, but our county numbers are going down pretty nicely. Hospitalizations aren't going down as quick, but it's looking like alot of that is from the rural areas.
It's really just whack-a-mole until everyone gets it
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
It's really just whack-a-mole until everyone gets it
At this point, probably so.

It's looking like it may be making it's way thru Springfield metro area pretty quickly or already has, hopefully. We'll see. Our percent positive rate is going down under 10 so theoretically that would be good.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:13 AM 10-27-2020
(Lowers head and stares at floor)

Guys, antibodies will always and were always going to wane. It takes energy and resources to continue to make them, our bodies aren't in the mode to waste either of those. This is why we have memory B and T cells.
Yeah that is why I quoted that.

Originally Posted by :
Although immunity to the novel coronavirus is a complex and murky area, and may be assisted by T cells, as well as B cells that can stimulate the quick production of antibodies following re-exposure to the virus, the researchers said the experience of other coronaviruses suggested immunity might not be enduring.

There was no change in the levels of antibodies seen in healthcare workers, possibly due to repeated exposure to the virus.

[Reply]
O.city 08:15 AM 10-27-2020
Previous infection may not lead to long term sterilizing immunity. It likely will for a year or two and even after, will likely lead to a more mild infection. Similar to the common cold.
[Reply]
tooge 08:41 AM 10-27-2020
https://twitter.com/scottgottliebmd/...835209217?s=21

Huge drop in mortality across all age groups. Great news
the virus has attenuated. That's been confirmed by several studies. In fact, it's mutation that led to it's attenuation is almost identical to the mutation of Sars1 that basically caused it to "go away." This information about deaths decreasing is not surprising. Part of it is certainly because providers are better at treating it, but IMO, most of it is the fact that the virus has attenuated. We should se this trend continue, all while case numbers rise, as the attenuated version of the virus out competes the non attenuated version for hosts. This happens quickly because people that are less symptomatic or asymptomatic (have the attenuated version) aren't self isolating and those with symptoms generally are.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
the virus has attenuated. That's been confirmed by several studies. In fact, it's mutation that led to it's attenuation is almost identical to the mutation of Sars1 that basically caused it to "go away." This information about deaths decreasing is not surprising. Part of it is certainly because providers are better at treating it, but IMO, most of it is the fact that the virus has attenuated. We should se this trend continue, all while case numbers rise, as the attenuated version of the virus out competes the non attenuated version for hosts. This happens quickly because people that are less symptomatic or asymptomatic (have the attenuated version) aren't self isolating and those with symptoms generally are.
In evolutionary terms and timeline, thats pretty quick for it to mutated that quickly to something that much less lethal no?

I did read it had some mutations in the spike protein that had led to more infectious issues.

I'm curious with you being in the same field as me, are we considered "front line workers" when it comes to vaccinations ?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:14 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Source

For US adults between the ages of 25-44, C-19 deaths account for roughly 17% of 14,155 excess deaths which, itself, is roughly 25% greater in amount compared to 2019. The paper highlights C-19 has an almost identical kill count in this age group (which, at least in the 2020 data, does not encompass the entire USA) to overdosing on opioids in 2019.
They are focusing in on small areas which have a highly variable rate of mortality regardless of the reason.

Current Covid & non-covid death statistics.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c....htm#AgeAndSex

1-4 yrs old 25 covid, 12,832 deaths from all causes
5-14 yrs old 39 covid, 3,814 deaths from all causes
15-24 yrs old 383 covid, 24,621 deaths from all causes
25-34 yrs old 1,628 covid, 50,30 deaths from all causes
35-44 yrs old 4,206 covid, 71,141 deaths from all causes

Also - death for 25-44 yr olds pre-covid https://www.verywellhealth.com/top-c...-25-44-2223958

Also for a baseline, see how the ages performed against the flu in 2018 - 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html
5-17 yrs, 211 deaths from flu, 21,012 hospitalizations from flu
18-49 yrs, 2,450 deaths from flu, 66,869 hospitalizations from flu
50-64 yrs, 5,676 deaths from flu, 97,967 hospitalizations from flu
65 yrs+, 25,555 deaths from flu, 279,384 hospitalizations from flu
[Reply]
tooge 09:26 AM 10-27-2020
In evolutionary terms and timeline, thats pretty quick for it to mutated that quickly to something that much less lethal no?

I did read it had some mutations in the spike protein that had led to more infectious issues.

I'm curious with you being in the same field as me, are we considered "front line workers" when it comes to vaccinations ?
I consider us front line workers. I mean, we're 18 inches from peoples face all day and seeing people that must be seen or could end up in an ER, so yeah.
As far as mutations with Covid 19 go, check out the lance article below.
This is just one of many articles confirming that this mutation has indeed occured.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...757-8/fulltext
[Reply]
tooge 09:28 AM 10-27-2020

Also, it's not pretty quick for a virus at all. They mutate all the time, and generally, they become attenuated through those mutations and the resulting spread due to isolation of those with non attenuated versions of it.
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 AM 10-27-2020
Also, it's not pretty quick for a virus at all. They mutate all the time, and generally, they become attenuated through those mutations and the resulting spread due to isolation of those with non attenuated versions of it.
Influenza viruses do, I didn't think the normal coronavirus did as quickly. I'm all for it if it did and continues to though.

I had read that article before and kinda forgot about it, thanks for posting.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 10-27-2020

We expect to have our safety data in the third week of November and the manufacturing process data before that date. Assuming positive data we will apply for EUA in the US soon after the safety milestone is achieved. https://t.co/QK9QcutNzx

— AlbertBourla (@AlbertBourla) October 27, 2020

Here's the Pfizer CEO.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:10 AM 10-27-2020
It's possible that virus has attenuated that much. But it also could be some combination of warmer weather, masks leading to lower initial viral load, older/at-risk people isolating better, and better treatments.

I know two ICU doctors on another forum who say it's like night and day how they treat people now vs. back in April - when they put people on vents right away, and lost a ton of people due to not proactively treating for potential blood clots in the lungs.
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 10-27-2020
It's taking back off in Sweden. So not ideal.
[Reply]
Page 3048 of 3903
« First < 2048254829482998303830443045304630473048 30493050305130523058309831483548 > Last »
Up