ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 300 of 319
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:56 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
LT Williams is the big miss.
This is just not true.
Did you want Veach to pay him 6 yrs 145 Million to come here at 32 years old?
The answer to me is hell no. Veach did the right thing in not overpaying like the 49ers just did.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 03-24-2021
This is why I don't think they sit around for a LT. They're gonna trade away something to go up and get one that can play right away.

I'd imagine Cosmi suits their eye.
Cosmi would be my 1b choice. Highest upside for the lowest cost. My 1a right now would be Walker Little because I think he can start right away without having to trade anything for him.

But let's make no mistake. Neither of those guys Darrisaw or Sewell or Slater. They still may not be a day 1 starter.

As I've said all offseason, the only SURE way to do this is to trade WAY up and get one of the top three and that's just out of the question. It's too costly.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:02 AM 03-24-2021
Obviously a huge need is to protect Mahomes no matter what happens with the rest of the team, so I expect LT to be addressed adequately.

However, beyond that is it possible that Veach just sees a possible down year as a likely outcome this year? It's no secret that Super Bowl losers often have a down year the following season.

I also don't think Veach is an idiot and I imagine he sees how the top heavy roster is constructed. We have as much talent at the top of the roster as anyone in the NFL, but from the middle of the roster down we are average at best. KC lacks depth and talent at a number of other positions.

Call me a Debbie Downer if you want and disagree with me if you see fit, but IMO Mahomes makes up for a lot of weaknesses on this roster. We still make the playoffs and might even make the AFCCG and Super Bowl if we have some luck in the postseason. But comparing our roster to that of TB or even LAR and I don't think we match up well aside from QB. Maybe Mahomes alone is enough to make up the difference, but I'm not sure.

If that's the case it may not be the end of the world to not go all in again this season. Do what you need to do to protect Mahomes, but beyond that it's not the end of the world if the team takes a small step back. We hopefully have Mahomes for another 15 years or more, we're not going to be the top team every year.

Focus on having a solid draft and do what we need to do to fill out the talent better throughout the roster. Veach was awful in the draft in 2018, slightly better in 2019, and pretty good in 2020. Let's hope that upward trend continues.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:05 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Obviously a huge need is to protect Mahomes no matter what happens with the rest of the team, so I expect LT to be addressed adequately.

However, beyond that is it possible that Veach just sees a possible down year as a likely outcome this year? It's no secret that Super Bowl losers often have a down year the following season.

I also don't think Veach is an idiot and I imagine he sees how the top heavy roster is constructed. We have as much talent at the top of the roster as anyone in the NFL, but from the middle of the roster down we are average at best. KC lacks depth and talent at a number of other positions.

Call me a Debbie Downer if you want and disagree with me if you see fit, but IMO Mahomes makes up for a lot of weaknesses on this roster. We still make the playoffs and might even make the AFCCG and Super Bowl if we have some luck in the postseason. But comparing our roster to that of TB or even LAR and I don't think we match up well aside from QB. Maybe Mahomes alone is enough to make up the difference, but I'm not sure.

If that's the case it may not be the end of the world to not go all in again this season. Do what you need to do to protect Mahomes, but beyond that it's not the end of the world if the team takes a small step back. We hopefully have Mahomes for another 15 years or more, we're not going to be the top team every year.

Focus on having a solid draft and do what we need to do to fill out the talent better throughout the roster. Veach was awful in the draft in 2018, slightly better in 2019, and pretty good in 2020. Let's hope that upward trend continues.
A down year for this team is going 11-5 and losing in the AFCCG.

I'll take that.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 03-24-2021
The fucking Rams? Really?

The Bucs have a great roster because they drafted in teh top 10 for years on end and starting hitting on blue chippers.

Some god damn perspective is needed around here.
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Cosmi would be my 1b choice. Highest upside for the lowest cost. My 1a right now would be Walker Little because I think he can start right away without having to trade anything for him.

But let's make no mistake. Neither of those guys Darrisaw or Sewell or Slater. They still may not be a day 1 starter.

As I've said all offseason, the only SURE way to do this is to trade WAY up and get one of the top three and that's just out of the question. It's too costly.
I'd probably start getting ready for them to do that. Veach isn't a singles hitter. They're gonna take big fucking swings.

I"m not as opposed to going up to say, 12 to get Darrisaw as you, but it won't be cheap.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:09 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Strongside:
A down year for this team is going 11-5 and losing in the AFCCG.

I'll take that.
I completely agree. Unless Mahomes gets injured I don't see much worse than 9-7 ever happening, so a "down" year is relative for KC. Even New England didn't win the championship every year, but they were in the hunt at least every year. There were years when they were clearly the best team and still lost, and there were years when they seemed to be under the radar but eventually won it all. So who knows. I just don't think KC is clearly the best team in the NFL the way we felt they were the past 2 years. That's alright, it's inevitable.

I just hate that TB appears to be the team to beat right now. I hope Tom Brady gets AIDS.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:12 AM 03-24-2021

:-) :-)

Just when you were starting to come off as a reasonable person you do this!

The same guy that was saying you can’t continue trading picks to fill needs is propping up the Rams as some team we have no change against. This is fucking priceless. Their offseason is over. They’re already done.

Veach had just a “pretty good” draft in 2020?

:-)

You’re a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 03-24-2021
I'd probably start getting ready for them to do that. Veach isn't a singles hitter. They're gonna take big fucking swings.

I"m not as opposed to going up to say, 12 to get Darrisaw as you, but it won't be cheap.
It would be near crippling in terms of recovering from a mistake. We have a huge hole at LT. If we trade next year's 1st for a tackle and he doesn't pan out, we're in even worse shape in FA next year because we won't have a 1st round pick as a backup plan if we strike out in FA.
[Reply]
O.city 10:13 AM 03-24-2021
It would be near crippling in terms of recovering from a mistake. We have a huge hole at LT. If we trade next year's 1st for a tackle and he doesn't pan out, we're in even worse shape in FA next year because we won't have a 1st round pick as a backup plan if we strike out in FA.
They went a couple years with out a first round pick. It's not crippling.

Their first rounders are gonna be in the 28-32 range for the foreseeable future. Trading those is gonna be an option every year.

They got blindsided and lost their LT. Thats not an easy spot to fill. They tried to pay a shitload for one and missed. They won't cheap out there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:15 AM 03-24-2021
They went a couple years with out a first round pick. It's not crippling.

Their first rounders are gonna be in the 28-32 range for the foreseeable future. Trading those is gonna be an option every year.

They got blindsided and lost their LT. Thats not an easy spot to fill. They tried to pay a shitload for one and missed. They won't cheap out there.
They didn't have a massive hole at left tackle and one of those 1st round picks was traded for a QB, which is a far different position in terms of value than any other position on the field.

All offseasons are not equal. There is a time and place for trading away 1st round picks. Right now isn't one of them, especially if you're of the mind that the only good LT's are ones drafted in the 1st round.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:16 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-) :-)

Just when you were starting to come off as a reasonable person you do this!

The same guy that was saying you can’t continue trading picks to fill needs is propping up the Rams as some team we have no change against. This is ****ing priceless.

Veach had just a “pretty good” draft in 2020?

:-)

You’re a ****ing idiot.
Are you incapable of understanding nuance at all?

I'm not even complaining. I'm resigning to the possibility that this year may be a step back from prior years, relatively speaking. I'm fine with that. Is that alright with you? Am I an idiot for thinking that KC has some weaknesses that might prevent them from returning to the Super Bowl?

Do you see me bitching and complaining non-stop?

So now the issue is that I just Veach had a "pretty good" draft? Would it be better if I said he had a "good" draft, or a "great" draft?

So if my thinking is not 100% in line with how you see things I'm a "fucking idiot"?
[Reply]
O.city 10:17 AM 03-24-2021
They didn't have a massive hole at left tackle and one of those 1st round picks was traded for a QB, which is a far different position in terms of value than any other position on the field.

All offseasons are not equal. There is a time and place for trading away 1st round picks. Right now isn't one of them, especially if you're of the mind that the only good LT's are ones drafted in the 1st round.
They're using it to fill that massive hole at LT, which they view as a top 3 or so spot on teh team.

The best place to find a franchise LT is about the same as a QB. Early in the first round. If it takes 2 firsts to go get one, do it and don't look back.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 AM 03-24-2021
Are you incapable of understanding nuance at all?

I'm not even complaining. I'm resigning to the possibility that this year may be a step back from prior years, relatively speaking. I'm fine with that. Is that alright with you? Am I an idiot for thinking that KC has some weaknesses that might prevent them from returning to the Super Bowl?

Do you see me bitching and complaining non-stop?

So now the issue is that I just Veach had a "pretty good" draft? Would it be better if I said he had a "good" draft, or a "great" draft?

So if my thinking is not 100% in line with how you see things I'm a "fucking idiot"?
You’re pretending to know what’s going to happen in Dec/Jan based on what’s happened in fucking March. At the very least you’re feeling defeated based on what’s happened in fucking free agency. Like that’s where championships are won! You’re contradicting yourself with the Rams thing like I pointed out. You had no problem calling Veach’s first draft terrible, but you describe his last one as “pretty good” when it was fantastic.

Yes, you’re a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:19 AM 03-24-2021
This team could win 12 games with ____insert scrap heap vet at LT when you add in the rest of the OL and weapons.

No need to panic. Obviously we want more in the big games and in the playoffs and we will be adding more.

If we don't get Okung or Villanueva I expect us to circle back on the guys we cut as well as adding in the draft.
[Reply]
Page 300 of 319
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310 > Last »
Up