ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 3903
« First < 3282122128129130131132 1331341351361421822326321132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 03:35 PM 03-11-2020
BleedingRed you seem to be deliberately gunking up this thread with your aggressive idiocy. I'm not going to respond anymore.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 03:35 PM 03-11-2020
I feel like some of these posts are going to age like milk here in a few weeks.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:37 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
BleedingRed you seem to be deliberately gunking up this thread with your aggressive idiocy. I'm not going to respond anymore.
Good
[Reply]
Strongside 03:37 PM 03-11-2020
I would almost argue that not allowing fans into the games is going to create a bigger opportunity for exposure than if they did allow them in.

Think of how many people are going to host watch parties now. Think of how many people are going to cram into bars everywhere.

It'll be mini petri dishes across the board.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:38 PM 03-11-2020
lmao

This thread is full of people saying its horrible, worse thing ever. But I can't seem to find the Swine Flu Thread. Weird
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:40 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I would almost argue that not allowing fans into the games is going to create a bigger opportunity for exposure than if they did allow them in.

Think of how many people are going to host watch parties now. Think of how many people are going to cram into bars everywhere.

Who knows,

People wanna freak out, lets cancel work for next two weeks. Federal Holiday!
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:43 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Who knows,

People wanna freak out, lets cancel work for next two weeks. Federal Holiday!
Meanwhile, most people who actually have a real job are....you know...at work.

Tech companies whom employ people to sit a computer all day, send employees home where they work on their OWN computer all day.

I'm sure everything will be fine. There's no reason to panic.

Plenty of reason to take it seriously though, and no reason to mock companies for being proactive in their part. It's their decision.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:43 PM 03-11-2020
People that keep taking about how great other places are doing with testing are being fooled into how much it matters. Testing makes no difference in the transfer of the virus unless people actually follow through and stay home or are forced to do so. I am happy if people that need to go the hospital get tested and the more available for them the better, but acting like it’s a government failure or scandal to not run around testing everyone or having testing stations for the purposes of distorting the numbers is just hysteria.

Think about the numbers posted for South Korea. They have tested almost 200,000 people which sounds like a lot, but that is only 0.4% of the population. Think about how small that number is. In a group of 10,000 people, 40 would be tested. Do those tests give you any confidence to stand in that group? Does anyone really think that minuscule number is a major reason why they are having success? It’s a small contributor at best as I’m sure there are clusters where a larger percentage are tested and more information is nice about who is getting it and in what ways, but still unless they don’t have the chance of passing it on it doesn’t really matter they got tested.

Cancelling schools, events, and other large gatherings is really the most effective option which we are seeing done all over the place now. Whether you think it’s an appropriate response or not is another question.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:45 PM 03-11-2020
All cultures are equal. (Takes another bite of raw bat)
[Reply]
sedated 03:45 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:

Sarcasm?

A bunch of little groups (with less potential to include an infected person) is better than one giant one.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:46 PM 03-11-2020
BIG 10 Tourney starts tonight
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:46 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Meanwhile, most people who actually have a real job are....you know...at work.

Tech companies whom employ people to sit a computer all day, send employees home where they work on their OWN computer all day.

I'm sure everything will be fine. There's no reason to panic.

Plenty of reason to take it seriously though, and no reason to mock companies for being proactive in their part. It's their decision.
Great.

Why are bars and restaurants still open?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:47 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
People that keep taking about how great other places are doing with testing are being fooled into how much it matters. Testing makes no difference in the transfer of the virus unless people actually follow through and stay home or are forced to do so. I am happy if people that need to go the hospital get tested and the more available for them the better, but acting like it’s a government failure or scandal to not run around testing everyone or having testing stations for the purposes of distorting the numbers is just hysteria.

Think about the numbers posted for South Korea. They have tested almost 200,000 people which sounds like a lot, but that is only 0.4% of the population. Think about how small that number is. In a group of 10,000 people, 40 would be tested. Do those tests give you any confidence to stand in that group? Does anyone really think that minuscule number is a major reason why they are having success? It’s a small contributor at best as I’m sure there are clusters where a larger percentage are tested and more information is nice about who is getting it and in what ways, but still unless they don’t have the chance of passing it on it doesn’t really matter they got tested.

Cancelling schools, events, and other large gatherings is really the most effective option which we are seeing done all over the place now. Whether you think it’s an appropriate response or not is another question.
this,

I think it has the potential to be dangerous over reaction. That's what I've been talking about...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:48 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
All cultures are equal. (Takes another bite of raw bat)
Ok,

You made me laugh with this one.......
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:48 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So you suggest everyone go get tested regardless of symptoms? Overwhelming our hospitals for tests they don't even have for people who most likely aren't infected? That's a better solution than simply...idk, washing your hands frequently and not attending a basketball game?

Lots of people are suggesting that.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 3903
« First < 3282122128129130131132 1331341351361421822326321132 > Last »
Up