ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 153
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:21 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because he’s still posting political stuff...
Anything on the level of the November post he deleted? That's the only one I've seen that I'd consider all that troublesome. I really haven't paid much attention if at all so if he's posted other stuff comparable to that then yeah, that's a bit problematic.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:27 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Anything on the level of the November post he deleted? That's the only one I've seen that I'd consider all that troublesome. I really haven't paid much attention if at all so if he's posted other stuff comparable to that then yeah, that's a bit problematic.
Didn't she post so much stupid shih like anti masking stuff and other things? Sounds like Disney gave her plenty of chances to :-) before that latest tweet.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:29 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Didn't she post so much stupid shih like anti masking stuff and other things? Sounds like Disney gave her plenty of chances to :-) before that latest tweet.
Yeah, that's kind of the gist I got from the situation.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:30 PM 02-12-2021
Who decides what’s problematic?

Most of his posts are political. He has pronouns in his bio like your standard far left nut job on Twitter. He has compared Trump supporters to Nazi’s, which is clearly worse than what she did. Him and Mark Ruffalo are the actors/champions of the woke.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:41 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Who decides what’s problematic?

Most of his posts are political. He has pronouns in his bio like your standard far left nut job on Twitter. He has compared Trump supporters to Nazi’s, which is clearly worse than what she did. Him and Mark Ruffalo are the actors/champions of the woke.
In this situation their bosses.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:08 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Are you fucking blind? She's okay, but not even close to Carano.
You getting cataracts, old man? Bobbie is hot af just the way she is. Gina WAS hot about 50 lbs ago, now she's eh....OK.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:11 PM 02-12-2021
A teacher in my city got publicly reprimanded for talking about Black Lives Matter during MLK day. A teacher at my school has a “Thin Blue Line” bumper sticker.

Go an hour up the road in Denver and BLM is a common sight in every teacher’s classroom. Just depends on your boss/employer.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:13 PM 02-12-2021
I mean relative to this discussion we’re having.

As you can see, there’s more than enough evidence to support that there is a double standard. I’m not asking whether you think they have a right to do it. I think we all know they do.

The question is, do YOU think that’s right, and if so, why?

That’s where people like Dane and eDave get confused and think this is about politics for me. I don’t care about the politics of it. It’s just about right and wrong.

I don’t understand how anybody can sit back and see what’s going on and not be against these big companies giving into the woke mobs or being part of it.

Why can’t we all just agree that the double standard is blatant and wrong?

Either be consistent or cut the bullshit. That’s all I ask, and I think any reasonable person would agree.

I understand she will be fine, but she makes vague comparisons to Nazi’s and she gets cancelled, Pascal clearly compares Trump supporters to Nazi’s and gets a starring gig on the next new HBO hit series to go with Disney+.

If it weren’t for their political views this would be seen as an example of misogyny or something. There’s no consistency anywhere in any of this because it’s insanity.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:18 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Jaimie Alexander is a strong contender from me.
That's a good call, but I heard she's reprising her Lady Sif role in Thor: Love and Thunder.

I'd take Frankie Adams just to hear her kiwi accent and see those eyes talking to me and only me.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:31 PM 02-12-2021
had to binge watch mandalorian before I commented. I must say SW:Mando is pretty overrated, it's not very original. most of the actors are good, but there are some poor actors mixed in. same goes for the CGI, a lot of the CGI on the creatures/monsters was great and then the de-aging CGI in the last episode was total shit. I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

I think Gina made the right choice. it was probably annoying to have fellow cast members police her thoughts and expressions. the tweets I saw were pretty tame compared to Pedros. Pedros tweet was dripping with anti-American and anti-semitic sentiment. he probably deleted it out of embarrassment. I'm looking forward to seeing some new and original content from Daily Wire.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:43 AM 02-13-2021
I am so ****ing shit of this ****ing partisan political bullshit. This is my favorite show in years on tv and now I have to ignore the thread about it because it's hijacked by pages and pages of worthless bullshit that has ****ing nothing to do with the show itself all because the far and away worst ****ing actor on the show got fired for being a ****ing idiot. But hey, maybe she can win an award for acting now, if somebody starts a "career darwin award for dummies".

Maybe I should start a "Right Wing Safe Space" where all the Conservative snowflakes can get together, proudly display their Trump brand Victim Cards and cry endlessly about the injustice of it all, how the Disney Overlords In Commiewood don't play fair and Star Trek sucks. Oh wait, that's the DC Forum. Well shit. Nevermind. Oh well,

Hey! I know! Maybe I can start a "Left Wing Creative Bankruptcy Reeducation Camp" where we talk about which popular 70s or 80s show or movie is going to get rebooted next and why it 100% needs to star a non-cis half latina, quarter African, 12% east Asian hermaphrodite and make sure we get apologies from all the white men who made the original for not getting it right the first time. Even though some of them had the audacity to not be white or male. ****ing privilege!

I hate this ****ing place so much sometimes. And by "this place" I mean every place. Because I can't get away from this political bullshit anywhere, and I'm so ****ing tired of it. I just want to go back to talking about how awesome it was to see Luke Skywalker be a badass and what's going to happen next season. **** Gina Carano. **** Disney. **** you. **** me.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:47 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I am so ****ing shit of this ****ing partisan political bullshit. This is my favorite show in years on tv and now I have to ignore the thread about it because it's hijacked by pages and pages of worthless bullshit that has ****ing nothing to do with the show itself all because the far and away worst ****ing actor on the show got fired for being a ****ing idiot. But hey, maybe she can win an award for acting now, if somebody starts a "career darwin award for dummies".

Maybe I should start a "Right Wing Safe Space" where all the Conservative snowflakes can get together, proudly display their Trump brand Victim Cards and cry endlessly about the injustice of it all, how the Disney Overlords In Commiewood don't play fair and Star Trek sucks. Oh wait, that's the DC Forum. Well shit. Nevermind. Oh well,

Hey! I know! Maybe I can start a "Left Wing Creative Bankruptcy Reeducation Camp" where we talk about which popular 70s or 80s show or movie is going to get rebooted next and why it 100% needs to star a non-cis half latina, quarter African, 12% east Asian hermaphrodite and make sure we get apologies from all the white men who made the original for not getting it right the first time. Even though some of them had the audacity to not be white or male. ****ing privilege!

I hate this ****ing place so much sometimes. And by "this place" I mean every place. Because I can't get away from this political bullshit anywhere, and I'm so ****ing tired of it. I just want to go back to talking about how awesome it was to see Luke Skywalker be a badass and what's going to happen next season. **** Gina Carano. **** Disney. **** you. **** me.
America in 2021 might not be your bag. . .
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:07 AM 02-13-2021
Surprisingly enough, there are at least a few libs who think her firing was BS, like this guy from New York Magazine... and even Chris Hayes from MSNBC :-)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-yo...wood-blacklist

Actually hung out at my buddies last night to finish up the last 3 episodes of season one, and catch the season two opener... I still LOVE this show, and in Carano's defense she really is NOT the shitty actress others here seem to think she is

As an athlete trying to make the jump to acting, she is well above average IMO
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:28 AM 02-13-2021
And I'm really impressed with the career Timothy Olyphant has put together

He parlayed low budget junk like Hitman into Deadwood, then Justified, until finally he's doing Tarantino movies and the Mandalorian... not too shabby
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:43 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Surprisingly enough, there are at least a few libs who think her firing was BS, like this guy from New York Magazine... and even Chris Hayes from MSNBC :-)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-yo...wood-blacklist

Actually hung out at my buddies last night to finish up the last 3 episodes of season one, and catch the season two opener... I still LOVE this show, and in Carano's defense she really is NOT the shitty actress others here seem to think she is

As an athlete trying to make the jump to acting, she is well above average IMO
I will say I vastly enjoyed watching Carano in that role rather than when Hollywood casts a 100 lb actress who throws around 250 lb actors like ragdolls. With Gina there was never a need to suspend disbelief - it always felt legit.
[Reply]
Page 120 of 153
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130 > Last »
Up