ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 41
« First < 293536373839 4041 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:32 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
What's wrong with AD?
"Wrong" probably isnt the right word. I know i probably sound like a hater but....i think he's a whole lot of projection based on combine results with very little actual impressive play on the field.

I don't wanna get into it too much because for all i know, the Chiefs may take him tonight.

And i don't wanna come off as a hater because i don't HATE the prospect.

I just think that he's really being overhyped and hasn't actually demonstrated the things people are saying he can do.

To keep it positive though, he has a great catch rate (albeit very few high level catches in his "tape") and he looks like a fluid athlete with great testing and good measureables.
[Reply]
Justman59 04:36 PM 04-25-2024
Legette, my two cents
[Reply]
SAGA45 04:36 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's the thing about DeJean.

Don't need the typical 'white guy' pablum.

This dude is shot out of a cannon. He's a premier athlete to go along with all the white guy pablum.

I mean if you just said "He's a bigger Trent McDuffie" I don't think you'd be too far off. Kid is can play.
You're preaching to the choir.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:42 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
"Wrong" probably isnt the right word. I know i probably sound like a hater but....i think he's a whole lot of projection based on combine results with very little actual impressive play on the field.

I don't wanna get into it too much because for all i know, the Chiefs may take him tonight.

And i don't wanna come off as a hater because i don't HATE the prospect.

I just think that he's really being overhyped and hasn't actually demonstrated the things people are saying he can do.

To keep it positive though, he has a great catch rate (albeit very few high level catches in his "tape") and he looks like a fluid athlete with great testing and good measureables.
I've seen people say he has similar route running traits to Ceedee Lamb. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Veach agrees.
[Reply]
xztop123 04:44 PM 04-25-2024
Brian Thomas reminds me of Mvs too much. I don’t think he’s the guy
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:44 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I've seen people say he has similar route running traits to Ceedee Lamb. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Veach agrees.
For sure. I mean, i could be totally wrong but....idk, i like what i see from other prospects more.
[Reply]
Bump 04:45 PM 04-25-2024
I wanna see a trade involving the Chiefs tonight!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:47 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by xztop123:
What MVS was supposed to be in our wildest dreams maybe.

Because if you place the ball anywhere out there BTJ is grabbing it and running in for a TD.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:48 PM 04-25-2024
Lol wut?
[Reply]
Icon 04:50 PM 04-25-2024
I'm not a fan of AD Mitchell. He admitted to letting up running routes so "save his energy". He reportedly has some character issues at both Georgia and Texas although it might be related to his diabetes problem. He also gave this weird ass interview at the Combine that makes me question how smart he is and how much he likes football. Overall, he just doesn't strike me as a baller. My 2 cents.
[Reply]
xztop123 04:52 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol wut?
Long lanky go route guy with great speed and catch radius

Limited route tree (most go and stop and go!

High hips. Not much over the middle. Not much yac. Not a ton of agility.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:52 PM 04-25-2024
Nah.

I personally think BTJ is one of the most complete players in the draft, not just WR.

Great speed. Big enough hands. Long arms. Tall, lean, smooth athlete. Test tube WR, physically.

He can run right by a DB or he can body a DB. Great ball tracking. Can jump over a DB. Catches with his hands, not his body. He can make guys miss in the open field.

I struggle to find what he's NOT good at...and i would take him over Odunze if im being totally honest.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:52 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Icon:
I'm not a fan of AD Mitchell. He admitted to letting up running routes so "save his energy". He reportedly has some character issues at both Georgia and Texas although it might be related to his diabetes problem. He also gave this weird ass interview at the Combine that makes me question how smart he is and how much he likes football. Overall, he just doesn't strike me as a baller. My 2 cents.
You interviewed him at the combine?

Tell us more.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:53 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Nah.

I personally think BTJ is one of the most complete players in the draft, not just WR.

Great speed. Big enough hands. Long arms. Tall, lean, smooth athlete. Test tube WR, physically.

He can run right by a DB or he can body a DB. Great ball tracking. Can jump over a DB. Catches with his hands, not his body. He can make guys miss in the open field.

I struggle to find what he's NOT good at...and i would take him over Odunze if im being totally honest.
He's an elite vertical weapon. Scary.

What he won't be is a volume #1.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:55 PM 04-25-2024
Long lanky go route guy with great speed and catch radius

Limited route tree (most go and stop and go!

High hips. Not much over the middle. Not much yac. Not a ton of agility.
Often times "Limited route tree" isn't an indictment of the player, but the offense and coaching.

There's nothing about him that suggests he can't run more elaborate routes. And he's certainly agile for a 6-4" WR and there's plenty of evidence of him making guys miss in the open field. And honestly, how much does he even need to "wiggle" in the open field when he can just flat out run by guys.

He's a much more physical WR than MVS and is a real contested ball threat.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 41
« First < 293536373839 4041 >
Up