ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign FA CB Mo Claiborne
Dante84 11:04 AM 08-08-2019
Per Terez

The Chiefs have agreed to terms with free agent CB Mo Claiborne, a source tells me. He’s flying out to K.C. tonight.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) August 8, 2019

[Reply]
eDave 01:39 PM 08-08-2019

[Reply]
staylor26 01:41 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Veach has to do something.

It might not have been a strong FA crop but there were still players to be had. Veach could have made a stronger push for Ronald Darby for example.

All in all, I've got no problem with him not drafting any CB high but now I really hope that he understands that the CB position could make or break this team. The CB position could literally ruin a SB run and I don't care that the safeties are good.
Ronald Darby isn’t even healthy. Nobody knows when he will play this year or if he’ll be 100% by the time the playoff come around.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:45 PM 08-08-2019
I think some of you fail to realize that there’s an extreme shortage of good corners in today’s NFL. Why do you think somebody like Steven Nelson got paid?

What should Veach have done? Overpaid for somebody like Trumaine Johnson or Malcolm Butler last year? This years best free agent is nowhere near healthy to start the year, and we got one of the top guys available.

Veach clearly sees what we see at corner, but he’s not going to severely overpay or make a panic move to fix it because that’s how you fuck yourself. We’re way better off than we were at this time last year and our safeties are 100% better. That’s good enough for now.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:46 PM 08-08-2019
Being a cornerback in the modern NFL is like signing up to be the backup center for the Washington Generals. I think the shortage will get worse over time because no one will enjoy playing a position where the rules are designed to make them look bad.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:51 PM 08-08-2019
Jason Verrett is already injured and won’t play in the preseason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:53 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Being a cornerback in the modern NFL is like signing up to be the backup center for the Washington Generals. I think the shortage will get worse over time because no one will enjoy playing a position where the rules are designed to make them look bad.
Nah.

World's always gonna have fast 6'0'' dudes that can't catch.

As long as those guys exist, there will always be CBs.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:57 PM 08-08-2019
If we sign Earl Thomas then I’m pretty confident Veach goes up to get Greedy Williams (Terez mentioned him as a guy we had on the radar).

Honestly I’m really glad the Earl Thomas situation went the way it did bc he would have only been here 1 season and we probably wouldn’t have Khalen Saunders.

Juan Thornhill looks like an absolute stud out there so far. I would take him over Greedy Williams and 1 year of Earl Thomas.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:08 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Perfectly said :-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:10 PM 08-08-2019
Career year...2 ints... lulz...

Still a decent signing though, but hold the hyperbole
[Reply]
Simply Red 08-08-2019, 02:21 PM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
TambaBerry 02:32 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Career year...2 ints... lulz...

Still a decent signing though, but hold the hyperbole
14 pass breakups is really fucking good
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:39 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If we sign Earl Thomas then I’m pretty confident Veach goes up to get Greedy Williams (Terez mentioned him as a guy we had on the radar).

Honestly I’m really glad the Earl Thomas situation went the way it did bc he would have only been here 1 season and we probably wouldn’t have Khalen Saunders.

Juan Thornhill looks like an absolute stud out there so far. I would take him over Greedy Williams and 1 year of Earl Thomas.
Long term, yes I’m glad the Earl Thomas thing worked out how it did. Short term, it probably cost us a Super Bowl. Berry got embarrassed all game by the Pats. Adding Earl Thomas at safety is probably enough to get us past the Patriots.
[Reply]
In58men 02:40 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
14 pass breakups is really ****ing good
Isn’t that like less than 1 per game?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:42 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Long term, yes I’m glad the Earl Thomas thing worked out how it did. Short term, it probably cost us a Super Bowl. Berry got embarrassed all game by the Pats. Adding Earl Thomas at safety is probably enough to get us past the Patriots.
Pretty sure he is talking about how Early Thomas almost signed a one year deal here this off-season.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:44 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Pretty sure he is talking about how Early Thomas almost signed a one year deal here this off-season.
Oh okay. That makes more sense. I thought he was talking about the injury ruining the trade last year.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:44 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Isn’t that like less than 1 per game?
Can't get much past you!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up