ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign FA CB Mo Claiborne
Dante84 11:04 AM 08-08-2019
Per Terez

The Chiefs have agreed to terms with free agent CB Mo Claiborne, a source tells me. He’s flying out to K.C. tonight.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) August 8, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 09:24 PM 08-09-2019
With teams using spread techniques and using 4-5 receivers on plays, you can’t get by with 2 or fewer decent corners.

Fuller, Breeland and Claiborne are all players who have started recently and Ward has shown he can be a decent 3rd corner.

That’s not bad at all, and the cost of our secondary overall is very healthy
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:14 PM 08-09-2019
Norman sucks now.

Go mega big dick and trade for Patrick Peterson or ride with what ya got now.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:33 PM 08-09-2019
Claiborne will be the 3rd of 4th CB with Breeland and Ward starting
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:58 PM 08-09-2019
Chiefs.com Team Roster Page is showing #21 Bashaud Breeland and #21 Morris Claiborne.

Don't think that is going to work.

No more numbers in the 20s are available.

Number 28 is a retired number which belonged to Abner Haynes
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:05 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think some of you fail to realize that there’s an extreme shortage of good corners in today’s NFL. Why do you think somebody like Steven Nelson got paid?

What should Veach have done? Overpaid for somebody like Trumaine Johnson or Malcolm Butler last year? This years best free agent is nowhere near healthy to start the year, and we got one of the top guys available.

Veach clearly sees what we see at corner, but he’s not going to severely overpay or make a panic move to fix it because that’s how you fuck yourself. We’re way better off than we were at this time last year and our safeties are 100% better. That’s good enough for now.
This sums up my feelings. It was just too pricey to massively upgrade the position so we made a couple small improvements and invested in positions like safety and pass rusher that will make them look better. Plus we switched to a simpler scheme. I expect our corner play to be improved even if it isn't a strength.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:08 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Go mega big dick and trade for Patrick Peterson
No way this happens, but if it did and Veach didn't give away the store, I would shit myself with delight.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:16 AM 08-10-2019
I like the LSU connection. I like this move overall because Claiborne is cheap, adds competition to a pedestrian group, wont take up a roster spot until after the served suspension, and should be motivated playing next to the Honey Badger. I expect he'll never shake that "bust" label, however. He's just another dude, a lottery ticket.
[Reply]
bricks 10:00 AM 08-10-2019
I like our cornerbacks.

Claiborne
Fuller
Breeland
Ward

Thats pretty good.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:09 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
I like our cornerbacks.

Claiborne
Fuller
Breeland
Ward

Thats pretty good.
Improved over last year at a minimum. Going from Ammerson to Schandrick was a signal of things to come.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:15 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Improved over last year at a minimum. Going from Ammerson to Schandrick was a signal of things to come.
Yep.

The thing that concerns me this year is how they're apparently looking to use Fuller as the primary slot corner. Someone posted a stat from last year showing Fuller as one of the worst slot corners in the NFL in 2018, yet one of the best outside corners when we used him there. Now that might speak to just how shitty our safety and over the top help was last year, I guess we'll see. Just mark me down as cautious at this point at Fuller playing primarily inside. Honey Badger has to help with that, right?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:25 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yep.

The thing that concerns me this year is how they're apparently looking to use Fuller as the primary slot corner. Someone posted a stat from last year showing Fuller as one of the worst slot corners in the NFL in 2018, yet one of the best outside corners when we used him there. Now that might speak to just how shitty our safety and over the top help was last year, I guess we'll see. Just mark me down as cautious at this point at Fuller playing primarily inside. Honey Badger has to help with that, right?
Fuller’s best season of his career was in 2017 playing primarily inside.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:26 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So Veach, Reid, Spags etc, the guys who signed him up, are less intelligent than YOU when it comes to this game? Is that what you're saying? :-)
IF Patrick Peterson was available even with the 6 game suspension how many teams would be lined up to sign him ? ALL 31. Same can't be said of MC because not only is he intellectually challenged in learning the NFL game but he is soft(injury prone). We'll be lucky to get 8 out of the 12 remaining games from him this season.

Since MC came into the league as a 1st rd 6th overall pick, his name is never mentioned when elite NFL shutdown CBs are talked about PERIOD. Mentioned in the same group with Peterson, Ramsey, Lattimore, Hargreaves etc... ??? Not even close!!:-)

This is purely "taking a flyer" desperation move by the Chiefs brass in hopes he might just pan out but will not be disappointed if he doesn't because they know who they are signing.:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:28 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Fuller’s best season of his career was in 2017 playing primarily inside.
I remember the hype of him playing the slot when he came here. Did the Redskins run a 4-3 zone in 2017? I have no idea what defense he was playing in before we traded for him.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I remember the hype of him playing the slot when he came here. Did the Redskins run a 4-3 zone in 2017? I have no idea what defense he was playing in before we traded for him.
I believe it was more similar to Spags scheme than Sutton’s but I could be wrong.
[Reply]
bricks 10:34 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
For sure.

And if Claiborne could catch a ball, we good.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up