ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz has surgery
siberian khatru 10:10 AM 02-24-2021

Injury Update: I’m getting surgery today. I was hoping to recover enough to get back for playoffs/Super Bowl but that didn’t happen. It’s time to address the issue. The recovery process isn’t too long, which is nice. Looking forward to a healthy 2021! #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/etGfSoCCd6

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
In58men 12:03 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What? People being unhappy about offseason moves?

It's an annual CP tradition. Even with winning a Super Bowl, it only held of the bitching for so long.
Yes, the bitching lol.

This news makes OL a lower priority. I get that we still need to add OL, but if we don’t draft one in the first two rounds, we’ll be fine and I’ll be okay with that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
By keeping Fisher and Schwartz we will have no money to spend in Free Agency so you can kiss Linsley goodbye
They can get almost $40M by restructuring guys like Matthieu and Mahomes.

They can actually get A LOT more money by redoing guys like that than by cutting Fisher and Schwartz. Both of them could be extended and cut their cap hit even further, if both of them are in the long-term plan.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:04 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Yes, the bitching lol.

This news makes OL a lower priority. I get that we still need to add OL, but if we don’t draft one in the first two rounds, we’ll be fine and I’ll be okay with that.
We would have been fine anyway. There's no such thing as a "must draft" position.

Veach and Reid know what they are doing.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:06 PM 02-24-2021
There's a ton of positive to this. That they even considered returning him last season without surgery, that he's trying to return, that this procedure has a shorter term recovery. I'll be an optimist.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:06 PM 02-24-2021
By keeping Fisher and Schwartz we will have no money to spend in Free Agency so you can kiss Linsley goodbye
It’s hilarious how wrong you are most times.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:06 PM 02-24-2021
They can get almost $40M by restructuring guys like Matthieu and Mahomes.

They can actually get A LOT more money by redoing guys like that than by cutting Fisher and Schwartz. Both of them could be extended and cut their cap hit even further, if both of them are in the long-term plan.
First off they can’t restructure Mathieu, they can only extend him. And second off the last thing I want is to keep pushing more and more of Mahomes money down the line. However since it’s his fifth year option this year I believe that salary is locked into place
[Reply]
In58men 12:06 PM 02-24-2021
We would have been fine anyway. There's no such thing as a "must draft" position.

Veach and Reid know what they are doing.
Apparently they don’t according to some people here lol.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:07 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
It's not really doom and gloom. It just is what it is. Some people come back pretty well and others have obviously lost a step or two.
:-)

You're just spewing baseless speculation and posing questions as if they're fact.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:08 PM 02-24-2021
A lot of reactionary takes here lol. I would think at this point its safe to assume that,
A. Its minor enough he feels confident in a possible return.
B. Its something that did have a chance to heal on its own.
C. The recovery time must have been expected to be as long as there were weeks left in the season, so they were hopeful it would heal on its own without surgery.
[Reply]
In58men 12:11 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

You're just spewing baseless speculation and posing questions as if they're fact.
I thought that is what most of us do here?
[Reply]
bobhill 12:11 PM 02-24-2021
What kind of surgery?
[Reply]
BossChief 12:14 PM 02-24-2021
Haven’t you learned yet?

KC could have 50m in “cap space” if they want/need it.

As of the new year, we don’t have a center and we’re soft up the middle. If Linsley becomes available, I expect Veach to make him the highest paid center in the nfl.

Veach will do whatever he wants this offseason.
Originally Posted by In58men:
Yes, the bitching lol.

Not sure I’d go that far.

Fisher, Schwartz and LDT are all going into the last year of their contracts snd Reiter is also a free agent as soon as the new league year starts.

We should probably expect them to draft 2-3OL and 1 of them will be drafted early.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:14 PM 02-24-2021
Great player with a lot of mileage on his 31 yr old, 6’5”/320+ lb body. He has started nearly 200 games between college & the NFL. I suspect that he’ll end up retiring before next season. Hope I’m wrong and he comes back with an all-pro season next year. But big guys with bad backs don’t usually do well in the NFL.
[Reply]
arrwheader 12:16 PM 02-24-2021
I am guessing if it was a have surgery now and you'll be back for the playoffs for sure he would have done it. If it was a it might heal and you'll be fine but surgery will keep you out for sure he did that. Probably gave it the max time to heal on it's own and no progress. Glad he is getting it taken care of now and sounds like he will be back!
[Reply]
ghak99 12:18 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I didn't ask a single question.

The whole thread is speculation. It's all that can be done. Hope, guess, assume, etc.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up