ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz has surgery
siberian khatru 10:10 AM 02-24-2021

Injury Update: I’m getting surgery today. I was hoping to recover enough to get back for playoffs/Super Bowl but that didn’t happen. It’s time to address the issue. The recovery process isn’t too long, which is nice. Looking forward to a healthy 2021! #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/etGfSoCCd6

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
BossChief 11:02 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Unless it’s a partial tear for Fisher, he’s not coming back mid season, and shouldn’t be counted on at all for next season.
Impossible to know at this point.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't think he'll make it.
It all depends.

If teams view him as a T first and foremost he probably won’t, but most seem to think he’s a G in the long run.

If that’s the case, he could make it to 31. Teams just don’t value IOL in the 1st.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:08 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes, Vera-Tucker is the perfect pick at 31 with his versatility. I also think it’s more likely that he make it there than we think.
Then he has a high likelyhood of being targeted for our first.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:10 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It all depends.

If teams view him as a T first and foremost he probably won’t, but most seem to think he’s a G in the long run.

If that’s the case, he could make it to 31. Teams just don’t value IOL in the 1st.
I'd argue that his versatility would make him even more valuable to scouts. There seems to be a clear consensus that Sewell and Slater are OL prospects #1 and #2. Maybe Derrisaw at #3. After that it's really fucking muddy, but if he drops to the mid 20s I'd start making some calls just for insurance because he really does seem to be the best piece to our OL puzzle this Offseason that's obtainable without giving up a haul of picks.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 02-24-2021
Who the hell is Silverback?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:16 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Who the hell is Silverback?
Trent Williams.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 11:19 AM 02-24-2021
I would be concentrating on an edge rusher now that he is coming back and then getting a guard/tackle in the second/third round.

Less urgent nowhere won't be any decent DL guys by our pick in the 2nd.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:22 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'd argue that his versatility would make him even more valuable to scouts. There seems to be a clear consensus that Sewell and Slater are OL prospects #1 and #2. Maybe Derrisaw at #3. After that it's really fucking muddy, but if he drops to the mid 20s I'd start making some calls just for insurance because he really does seem to be the best piece to our OL puzzle this Offseason that's obtainable without giving up a haul of picks.
Disagree. His versatility is irrelevant for most teams if they’re looking for a T in particular.

His versatility only makes him more valuable in comparison to other guys on the IOL.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:22 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
You need to have both an A plan and a B plan. 71 returning from back surgery should be the C plan (maybe even D).
Not really, shoot this is from 10 years ago and techniques and procedures are way better today...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0121144005.htm

Originally Posted by :
If NFL linemen can recover from back surgery and return to their spine-bruising careers, so can you get back into your "game." A new study that found 80 percent of NFL lineman -- whose spines are especially vulnerable to degeneration -- were able to return to play many more games after herniated disc surgery. The study is encouraging to average people who are often fearful of becoming physically active after the surgery.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:24 AM 02-24-2021
Wish he had this done in November instead of February. Back surgery is pretty tricky & a lot of times it ends up having to be done again.
[Reply]
In58men 11:26 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Wish he had this done in November instead of February. Back surgery is pretty tricky & a lot of times it ends up having to be done again.
Maybe on a major back surgery, this seems pretty minor to me.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:29 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Not really. Schwartz isn't going to the Laser Spine Institute that's advertises on cable TV. If they thought he had a chance of coming back, it's not a serious issue.
[Reply]
ghak99 11:30 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
So hopefully to start the year...

LT Niang
LG Allegreti
C Linsley
RG LDT
RT Schwartz

By mid season

LT Fisher
LG Niang
C Linsley
RG LDT
RT Schwartz

Or something like that
That's a lot of hoping. Fisher may never get his footwork and first step back to a level where he can get ahead of the edge.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:32 AM 02-24-2021
I'll trust the billion dollar franchise and the world class athlete in regards to his health and timing of the surgery. You avoid back surgery at all costs. He needs to look out for his long-term well-being. Back problems aren't something you want to mess around with they can be debilitating. Its clear Mitch waited it out in hopes of things getting better but unfortunately that wasn't the case. He went out of his way to highlight the fact it is a short recovery period if all goes as planned. Great news if he is back for the start of the season. Really gives you more options in free agency and the draft.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:33 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm sure anyone here would be quick to have surgery on their back if there was a chance it would get better without surgery?
It's difficult to make that determination without knowing the scope of the issue.

I had surgery for Spinal Stenosis and waiting would have only made it worse. But had it been a herniated disc or if I needed disc replacement, maybe I would have undergone intense physical therapy before going under the knife, or my case, laser, because the recovery time and rehab would have been far more difficult under those circumstances.

Whatever the case, it would be nice to see him return to form and play for a few more years.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up