ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz has surgery
siberian khatru 10:10 AM 02-24-2021

Injury Update: I’m getting surgery today. I was hoping to recover enough to get back for playoffs/Super Bowl but that didn’t happen. It’s time to address the issue. The recovery process isn’t too long, which is nice. Looking forward to a healthy 2021! #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/etGfSoCCd6

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Looks like he skips legs days.

Buuuuut.....i heard he gave Bosa and Young all they could handle.
Umm he did....

Even Young would tell you that.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:29 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Jesus fucking Christ Mitch why did this happen now? FFS this should have been done in December when you knew that a return wasn’t likely.

Goddamnit
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Now...WTF?

Would be swell to know NOW how he is recovering, as we approach Free Agency, if he has this procedure, what...2 MONTHS AGO...?

Get well.
Handled perfectly to not play the 2nd half of last year, screw up FA, and miss part of next year. If he gets healthy next year he will probably opt-out and finish his career getting paid for not playing like Berry. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:36 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Handled perfectly to not play the 2nd half of last year, screw up FA, and miss part of next year. If he gets healthy next year he will probably opt-out and finish his career getting paid for not playing like Berry.
Don’t quote me and then post your moronic nonsense after it.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:39 PM 02-25-2021
Did you read the tweet at all?
Originally Posted by In58men:
He definitely didn’t :-)
We all did, some of us just don't believe him.

If the "recovery process isn’t too long" like he said then he should've had surgery immediately last season. Then he's ready for the playoffs and Super Bowl. Instead, it was handled perfectly to miss the 2nd half of the 2020 season and 1st part of the 2021 season. If he milks it with some "setbacks" he can miss next year completely and retire.

I wonder if asshat LDT will opt-out again?

We have another Super Bowl title if LDT and Schwartz had REALLY wanted to play last year.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:40 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Don’t quote me and then post your moronic nonsense after it.
ok. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 02-25-2021

If the "recovery process isn’t too long" like he said then he should've had surgery immediately last season. Then he's ready for the playoffs and Super Bowl. Instead, it was handled perfectly to miss the 2nd half of the 2020 season and 1st part of the 2021 season. If he milks it with some "setbacks" he can miss next year completely and retire.

We have another Super Bowl title if LDT and Schwartz had REALLY wanted to play last year.
He has access to NFL team doctors and 2nd opinions from pretty much anybody that will take his fucking millions in cash.

He didn't wait to have surgery to fuck the team.

Sometimes you just don't even have to try to be the fucking biggest, whiniest fucking moron on this board.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:41 PM 02-25-2021

If you have a problem with someone who is a doctor deciding that performing that function in the middle of a global pandemic is a higher priority than playing football, the problem is you. Not him.

Back surgeries are no joke and fickle. Most people are advised to try rest and rehab before having their back operated on. Because it’s a big fucking deal.

Speculating that Schwartz would have been healthy and OK by the Super Bowl is silly. Getting angry about it is even sillier.

Seriously. You think a team that based the whole seasons approach around prepping for the SB didn’t consider that option? And wouldn’t have had him do the surgery if he’d be back for the playoffs?

Isnt Alex Smith about to have a new team? Can you go haunt their message board? Please and thanks.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:43 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm he did....

Even Young would tell you that.
I know.

It's only brought up every damn time his name is mentioned. That's the joke.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 02-25-2021
I know.

It's only brought up every damn time his name is mentioned. That's the joke.
I knew you were mocking it, but I thought you were implying it wasn’t true. My bad.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:06 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Looks like most hats can be had for $30 or under. Let’s put the max at that and call it a bet.
Works for me. I hope I win just because that means the team is in a much better position.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:13 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We do know that he stayed to watch the rest of the game on the sideline, but that’s not much.
Does not mean much unfortunately. Repair is pretty much the same for a small tear vs total rupture so treatment can be delayed as long as you can tolerate the pain.

Who knows, maybe it is a really minor tear that they are going to let heal on its own. Would explain why there has been no mention of surgery.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:52 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I googled covid opt-out and can't find anything that says they can't have any contact. Where's you source? Not trying to be a smartass, just don't find it anywhere. I'm sure there's a guideline somewhere but I don't find it.
It was talked about frequently on the NFL Network in August.

NFL didn't want teams to abuse the Opt-Out opportunity, so any player that opted out isn't allowed to have contact with the team, because it would totally defeat the purpose of the opt-out.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:27 PM 02-25-2021

You're a fucking idiot... Seriously...
[Reply]
penguinz 12:49 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Does not mean much unfortunately. Repair is pretty much the same for a small tear vs total rupture so treatment can be delayed as long as you can tolerate the pain.

Who knows, maybe it is a really minor tear that they are going to let heal on its own. Would explain why there has been no mention of surgery.
According to Veach Fisher is expected back by mid August. ;-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:14 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
According to Veach Fisher is expected back by mid August. ;-)

No chance.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up