Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Rich Gannon out at CBS in NFL broadcast shakeup
siberian khatru 11:47 AM 02-22-2021
https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/gannon...v-free-agency/

Rich Gannon out at CBS in NFL broadcast shakeup

By Andrew Marchand
February 22, 2021 | 11:50am | Updated

Rich Gannon is out at CBS after 16 seasons as an NFL TV game analyst, The Post has learned.

Gannon, the former MVP quarterback, will not have his contract renewed in the first move of NFL TV free agency. When contacted by The Post, a CBS spokeswoman confirmed the news.

CBS has not set Gannon’s replacement just yet. The two internal candidates figure to be Adam Archuleta and James Lofton.

Before last season, CBS started to tip its hand on the 55-year-old Gannon when it split him from his longtime partner, Kevin Harlan. While CBS doesn’t officially designate its depth chart, Harlan and Trent Green did the third best game most weeks, while Greg Gumbel and Gannon received the fourth most-watched matchup.

This NFL TV hot stove may not be as flashy compared to last season when CBS locked up Tony Romo in a 10-year, $180 million contract. NBC signed Drew Brees for after he retires as studio and potentially a “Sunday Night Football” game analyst. CBS recruited Charles Davis from Fox to replace Dan Fouts on their second team. Fox anointed Greg Olsen its No. 2 game analyst with Kevin Burkhardt.

Burkhardt and CBS’ Ian Eagle were kept off the market with new deals, which will likely result in less movement.

At the moment, ESPN is sticking with its “Monday Night Football” crew of Steve Levy, Louis Riddick and Brian Griese, while the biggest fish potentially on the market is Jim Nantz. CBS is working toward re-signing Nantz, who has been looking for a deal similar to Romo’s.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:15 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Kevin Harlan doesn't have an Exclusive contract with CBS. He works for CBS, Westwood One Radio and TBS/TNT. Unlike Jim Nance, his situation is too complicated to make him the #1 Sports Announcer at CBS and he's definitely not a fit for the CBS Golf broadcasts.

"OH, BABY, WHAT A PUTT!"
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:15 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Again, CBS wasn't in a position to give Gus Johnson the kind of contract that Fox can provide and while he's great for the NFL and College Football, he's not a fit for golf and other CBS sports broadcasts.
Mickelson with a birdie on 7...oh my!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:34 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Mickelson with a birdie on 7...oh my!!
We said Gus Johnson, not Dick Enberg
[Reply]
scho63 08:28 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Don't forget Keith Jackson and college football.
That voice will forever be engrained in my brain with:

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Keith Jackson here today in South Bend Indiana for a game between the 8-2 Fighting Irish of Notre Dame taking on the 7-4 Michigan Wolverines. Should be a real barn burner."
[Reply]
cwhocares 10:05 AM 02-25-2021
I love Kevin Harlan. I like Romo's perspective on the game. The two of them together would be the best in football.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1345542896947118085
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up