ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Wilson not happy with the Seahawks?
Halfcan 11:22 PM 02-11-2021
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-more...201257575.html

Charean Williams
Thu, February 11, 2021, 2:12 PM·1 min read

Seattle Seahawks

Russell Wilson
Other teams are wondering what is going on in Seattle. Maybe the Seahawks are wondering what is going on, too.

Russell Wilson‘s media tour has prompted questions about his future with the team.

That has prompted other teams to reach out to the Seahawks about the quarterback’s availability.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that “more teams have reached out about Russell Wilson, but the Seahawks have shown no inclination to trade their star quarterback, whose media tour continues.”

Wilson’s comments make it clear he isn’t happy with the Seahawks, who reportedly aren’t happy with Wilson’s public comments of dissatisfaction.

His media tour continues Friday on The Ellen Show, so stay tuned.

Winning cures everything, and Wilson and the Seahawks haven’t done much of that in the postseason in recent years.

Wilson hasn’t won a Super Bowl since his second season. He hasn’t been to a Super Bowl since his third season. The Seahawks are only 3-5 in the postseason the past six seasons, failing to advance past the divisional round.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:51 PM 02-25-2021
Bears went to the playoffs with Turdbisky last year.

They'd easily be contenders with Wilson.
[Reply]
tk13 07:05 PM 02-25-2021
Yeah if I was the Bears I'd be all over that. They'd be a legit force.

That said, Wilson has the perfect setup now. They've put him in an offense with guys who are great at running verticals, fades, etc. so he can just chuck it down the field. He's not going to have Lockett and DK Metcalf in these other places. Some other very good WRs like Amari Cooper sure, but that QB/WR group Seattle has is perfect for each other.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:41 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Mahomes effect. Mahomes has turned the expectations of these QB's on its head.
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:53 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah if I was the Bears I'd be all over that. They'd be a legit force.

That said, Wilson has the perfect setup now. They've put him in an offense with guys who are great at running verticals, fades, etc. so he can just chuck it down the field. He's not going to have Lockett and DK Metcalf in these other places. Some other very good WRs like Amari Cooper sure, but that QB/WR group Seattle has is perfect for each other.
Will be interesting to see if a new OC does him good. Seattle just hired a pretty intriguing OC. Russell Wilson is a much more talented version of Alex Smith. Is that just who he is, or is that Schottenheimer pulling him down? I still wonder if it's both. People keep talking about his OL sucking but like Alex I think a lot of that is from holding on to the ball because he doesn't have the aggressiveness of mahomes.

Which also begs the question... Considering he's one of the most slippery qbs out there, how good will he still be when he loses his legs. He can make all the throws. But is he willing to be aggressive enough to try them?
[Reply]
mkp785 10:39 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Will be interesting to see if a new OC does him good. Seattle just hired a pretty intriguing OC. Russell Wilson is a much more talented version of Alex Smith. Is that just who he is, or is that Schottenheimer pulling him down? I still wonder if it's both. People keep talking about his OL sucking but like Alex I think a lot of that is from holding on to the ball because he doesn't have the aggressiveness of mahomes.

Which also begs the question... Considering he's one of the most slippery qbs out there, how good will he still be when he loses his legs. He can make all the throws. But is he willing to be aggressive enough to try them?
Ok.

You wanna expand on this one some more? I don't hear that comparison too much.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:43 PM 03-02-2021

[Reply]
RunKC 11:49 AM 03-04-2021
Pete Carroll is a moron

The saga continues ��

(via @MikeSilver) pic.twitter.com/xcergqZX2i

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) March 4, 2021

[Reply]
mkp785 12:50 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pete Carroll is a moron

He should add Miami to his list....and they should jump all over that. His preferred teams have to strip themselves to get him if this happens.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:18 PM 03-04-2021
Seattle needs to :-) and do what makes their star QB feel appreciated and motivated.

Without Russel, that’s not a playoff team.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:20 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Ok.

You wanna expand on this one some more? I don't hear that comparison too much.
yeah other than being athletic QB's I don't see that at all.

Wilson is MUCH less risk averse and is more than willing to chuck it downfield.

Not nearly the same type of player.
[Reply]
wazu 01:21 PM 03-04-2021
I'll be honest, really do not want it to be the Raiders. Wilson would instantly make them a contender, and they were already an oddly tough match-up for us last year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:23 PM 03-04-2021
I do have to wonder if Paul Allen dying and Carroll becoming the de facto CEO of that team is why he seems so untouchable. Seriously, there is no legitimate reason to keep him around given his constant underachieving, the fact that he's a dinosaur in today's NFL, and the fact that he's pissed off the franchise player.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:24 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I'll be honest, really do not want it to be the Raiders. Wilson would instantly make them a contender, and they were already an oddly tough match-up for us last year.
Carr has been very fucking good for them recently. Not sure how much of an upgrade Wilson would be, especially given the resources it'd take to get him and how that subsequently affects their ability to fix the defense.
[Reply]
wazu 01:27 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Carr has been very fucking good for them recently. Not sure how much of an upgrade Wilson would be, especially given the resources it'd take to get him and how that subsequently affects their ability to fix the defense.
Wilson is miles beyond Carr. Last drive of the game, Raiders down by 6, which one of those 2 QBs is overwhelmingly more likely to get the job done? Not even close. If Carr can look good playing for that team, Wilson would be all-world. And with that young core of speed receivers? No thanks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:37 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Wilson is miles beyond Carr. Last drive of the game, Raiders down by 6, which one of those 2 QBs is overwhelmingly more likely to get the job done? Not even close. If Carr can look good playing for that team, Wilson would be all-world. And with that young core of speed receivers? No thanks.
And they'd still have no defense. Not even 2018 Mahomes with the cracked out offense could overcome not having a defense.

They're also planning to get rid of both Gabe Jackson and Trent Brown. That OL is going to regress badly.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up