ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Wilson not happy with the Seahawks?
Halfcan 11:22 PM 02-11-2021
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-more...201257575.html

Charean Williams
Thu, February 11, 2021, 2:12 PM·1 min read

Seattle Seahawks

Russell Wilson
Other teams are wondering what is going on in Seattle. Maybe the Seahawks are wondering what is going on, too.

Russell Wilson‘s media tour has prompted questions about his future with the team.

That has prompted other teams to reach out to the Seahawks about the quarterback’s availability.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that “more teams have reached out about Russell Wilson, but the Seahawks have shown no inclination to trade their star quarterback, whose media tour continues.”

Wilson’s comments make it clear he isn’t happy with the Seahawks, who reportedly aren’t happy with Wilson’s public comments of dissatisfaction.

His media tour continues Friday on The Ellen Show, so stay tuned.

Winning cures everything, and Wilson and the Seahawks haven’t done much of that in the postseason in recent years.

Wilson hasn’t won a Super Bowl since his second season. He hasn’t been to a Super Bowl since his third season. The Seahawks are only 3-5 in the postseason the past six seasons, failing to advance past the divisional round.
[Reply]
In58men 12:06 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
They do have a good offensive line, a great TE, and decent RB. Las Vegas isn't to bad of a destination.

Does Wilson make the 8-8 Raiders a better team. I think so.
No taxes.

Money always talks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:40 PM 02-25-2021

Seahawks’ QB Russell Wilson has not demanded a trade, his agent Mark Rodgers told ESPN. Wilson has told the Seahawks he wants to play in Seattle but, if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 25, 2021

[Reply]
wazu 12:49 PM 02-25-2021
Hey everybody! I DO NOT want to be traded! (But if you are going to trade me I'd love to go to the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, or Bears.)
[Reply]
New World Order 12:54 PM 02-25-2021
Nagy and Pace are on life support. Might as well go all-out and try to acquire Wilson
[Reply]
Eureka 01:21 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Nagy and Pace are on life support. Might as well go all-out and try to acquire Wilson
History shows that Wilson goes deeper in the playoffs with a great defense. Chicago's O-line is crap but Wilson is used to that.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:37 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
History shows that Wilson goes deeper in the playoffs with a great defense. Chicago's O-line is crap but Wilson is used to that.
Bears just need some OT help, interior of that line is just fine.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:49 PM 02-25-2021
I wonder how long the Bears will be able to keep that D together, though. They've been really great for a few years now and I feel like those elite defenses only last for a handful of years before it starts to fall apart.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:50 PM 02-25-2021
Here is my dream scenario - Bears Trade for Wilson

Their offensive line was a mess last year with injuries, but that team basically has three young centers. Cody Whitehare is 28 and under contract, he's been their center. But they drafted James Daniels two years ago and have been playing him at LG, but he was injured last year with a torn peck. Then they have Sam Mustipher from Notre Dame who they rave about. They like him so much they are thinking about him at center, Whitehare at LG, and trying to move Daniels to RG.

If they trade for Wilson they are going to be desperate for picks. Who knows what they will do, but Daniels on a rookie contract would be awesome. Or maybe they want to move Whitehair, I don't know how that would work, but I'd be all over Daniels if I was Veach.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:36 PM 02-25-2021
Report: Russell Wilson “stormed out” after his ideas for fixing Seattle’s offense were dismissed
Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2021, 10:17 AM EST

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson publicly said what he needed to say in the days after the Super Bowl. Someone has been speaking privately since then, and it has culminated in a lengthy item from TheAthletic.com that takes the closest look yet and the fractures and fissures in a relationship that currently seems to have a shelf life far closer to bread than bricks.

The article looks closely at the tension between Wilson and the coaching staff regarding Wilson’s desire to essentially be the offense, like Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City. That motivation drove the #LetRussCook phenomenon early in the season. But coach Pete Carroll freaked out after a turnover-fest against the Bills (four from Wilson) and another subpar performance against the Rams (three more Wilson turnovers).

After those seven turnovers from Wilson in two games, the Seahawks faced a short-week challenge against a Cardinals team that had a two-game winning streak against Seattle, and that was riding a wave of euphoria after the Hail Murray win over the Bills.

Here’s what happened next, via the story in TheAthletic.com: “Before the Thursday night game against Arizona, Wilson met with his coaches. For some time, Wilson has sought — even pushed — for influence within the organization regarding scheme and personnel. In the meeting, he outlined his own ideas for how to fix the offense. His suggestions were dismissed, multiple sources told The Athletic — another reminder to Wilson that the Seahawks did not see him the same way he saw himself, as a player who had earned greater control over his situation, his future, his legacy. He stormed out of the room.”

It takes no magnifying glass or other Sherlockian investigative tools to conclude that this nugget comes from the Seahawks, who finally are pushing back against the notion that Wilson’s skillset justifies more power and control.

Consider this quote in the story, from an unnamed source who surely isn’t connected to Wilson: “He’s finally catching heat. That’s the main reason for all of this. . . . People are talking and holding him accountable because he’s one of the highest-paid quarterbacks, he says he wants to be the greatest, so now people are holding him to that standard. . . . It’s a PR game. He’s trying to protect himself.”

It’s unclear whether the unnamed source is a Seahawks source. If it is, it suggests that the Seahawks should indeed try to finagle a major trade package from a team who views Wilson the way Wilson views Wilson. If it is, it also suggests that the Seahawks should be more discreet about their true feelings, since if that’s how they regard Wilson then maybe a huge trade offer isn’t justified.

That’s really what this comes down to. If the Seahawks view Wilson as an all-time great, they should treat him that way. If they don’t, they should trade him to a team that does, since that team would put together a trade offer that the Seahawks would regard as one they can’t refuse.

Wilson surely sees himself as someone who has the potential to crack the top five in league history. And he has every right to think that. The current problem between player and team seems to be that the Seahawks don’t share that assessment and/or they aren’t willing to transform their overall strategy to let Wilson create the kind of numbers and outcomes that will prove that Wilson belongs in the pantheon of the best pro football quarterbacks in history. Given Wilson’s current objectives for his career, it’s not a question of if but when the two sides go their separate ways.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:41 PM 02-25-2021
The Mahomes effect. Mahomes has turned the expectations of these QB's on its head.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:42 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Mahomes effect. Mahomes has turned the expectations of these QB's on its head.
QB's want to have fun like Mahomes.
[Reply]
Stinger 03:01 PM 02-25-2021
I'd fire Pete Carrol before I would trade Wilson
[Reply]
wazu 03:15 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Stinger:
I'd fire Pete Carrol before I would trade Wilson
Without a doubt. The Seahawks would have no trouble bringing in a top name with an offensive focus to coach that team.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:25 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Now that the word is out, look for Jerruh to sell whats left of his soul to make it happen
[Reply]
Bowser 03:33 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Now that the word is out, look for Jerruh to sell whats left of his soul to make it happen
I would say Dak would be traded to Seattle, but he's not under contract iirc. Maybe Jerruh, General Manager and Owner of the Dallas Cowboys, will slap the tag on him then trade him along with a couple of firsts to Seattle?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up