Page 61 of 68
« First < 11515758596061 62636465 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
wazu 04:25 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't think he or anyone understood back then how much power and psychosis would come with an Easterby regime. It seemed dysfunctional but has turned into a shit show. I'd imagine a lot of players were swindled by Pioli early on too.

The problem isn't that Easterby is in charge. Even jj watt, Mr. Texan, suggested he'd be more than happy with the right GM choice. The problem is the owner had a blatantly obvious out that would make his star players, the fans, and everybody else happy and the dumbass owner chose not to do it. I don't think anyone could have predicted that their owner would be this drawn into the cult.
You really can't blame McNair. I mean, who wouldn't be swept up by this man's charisma?

Damn folk’s only in New York pic.twitter.com/BKLeLz5Pcx

— PFTCommenter (@PFTCommenter) February 12, 2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:26 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s all well and good to say the Texans should stick to their guns and just hold onto him. But them doing it is painful.

If he “retires” they have to account for that huge signing bonus they owe him.

It effectively hits their cap like cutting him. If he were to file retirement paperwork before June 1, it processes like a pre-June 1 cut.

They would take a $67M cap hit in that case.

If he doesn’t retire and they just hold him, he eats up their cap as follows:
21: $16M
22: 40.4
23: 42.4
24: 37.4
25: 32

There are ways they can “win” the battle with Watson... but they all make it pretty certain to lose the war (winning football games).
You also have to imagine that for culture nazis like Easterby and probably Caserio, nothing aggravates or worries them more than an insider who can basically create a mutiny.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:27 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
To be fair that was BOB

Watson didn’t do shit to help matters, either.

He choked just as hard as everybody else
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:28 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s done with you McNair

God, I feel so bad for Culley. You know Easterby is going to blame him for not being able to get Deshaun on board.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:37 PM 02-25-2021
The Texans will be fine if they get on the ball with coordinating a trade. They could create a bidding war for Watson. They'll come out of this with pretty good compensation unless they totally f*ck that up too. The worst thing they could do for the franchise is sit still and do nothing.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:38 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
If true the Texans should just keep him and let him rot at home on his couch. Watson signed his contract knowing the team is a shitshow.
CP loves slagging on labor in these disputes.

Texans could have franchised tagged Watson 3x and had control through 2024. That’s why players sign contracts and then demand trades.

The tag really ****s over players.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:39 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
God, I feel so bad for Culley. You know Easterby is going to blame him for not being able to get Deshaun on board.

I think we all know who Easterby is going to blame:

Satan
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:40 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by KCJake:
This is exactly how I feel. Now there's reports Russell Wilson wants traded. This is turning into the NBA
Bring it on.

QB is the most valuable position in football, and the on-field product is better when top QBs are in better situations.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:42 PM 02-25-2021
I think we all know who Easterby is going to blame:

Satan
I bet he and McNair attend Eyes Wide Shut parties.

The allegedly pious ones are always the freakiest.
[Reply]
mkp785 04:47 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
CP loves slagging on labor in these disputes.

Texans could have franchised tagged Watson 3x and had control through 2024. That’s why players sign contracts and then demand trades.

The tag really ****s over players.
Even if they don't sign the tag and sit out players still catch heat. Our (former) RB Lev Bell knows about that. He caught a ton of grief over that decision. Both in here and everywhere else.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:52 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Even if they don't sign the tag and sit out players still catch heat. Our (former) RB Lev Bell knows about that. He caught a ton of grief over that decision. Both in here and everywhere else.

He caught heat because he ended up not making as much money as he could have in the long run.

And we all saw it coming
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:04 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by KCJake:
This is exactly how I feel. Now there's reports Russell Wilson wants traded. This is turning into the NBA
It may not be Wilson demanding a trade. The Seahawks have been floating a trade idea for a few years. Seattle seems to be one of those teams that believes you build around a complete team and a cheap qb contract. Even if that means drafting a million qbs. Wouldn't doubt Seattle is seeing this qb market and realizing teams will give up an insane amount to land a superstar. And even more than deshaun, if you can land Russell, you should absolutely take it.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:21 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He caught heat because he ended up not making as much money as he could have in the long run.

And we all saw it coming
No. That was gloating. Before that and for the entire season he was called everything possible. He found a loophole and ppl were pissed. I wasn't posting on CP at the time but I do remember people were annoyed. Not as bad b/c it fucked the steelers but still.

In the national media though he got killed by everyone who wasn't a former player.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:16 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It may not be Wilson demanding a trade. The Seahawks have been floating a trade idea for a few years. Seattle seems to be one of those teams that believes you build around a complete team and a cheap qb contract. Even if that means drafting a million qbs. Wouldn't doubt Seattle is seeing this qb market and realizing teams will give up an insane amount to land a superstar. And even more than deshaun, if you can land Russell, you should absolutely take it.

They should look at New England and see how that worked out for them before deciding they can live without Wilson.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:24 PM 02-25-2021
They should look at New England and see how that worked out for them before deciding they can live without Wilson.
To the Seahawks credit they were extremely aggressive about the qb position which is how they landed on Wilson. They may take the approach but they know they have to work real hard at QB. They paid Matt Flynn big $, still traded for Charlie Whitehurst, then had the balls to draft Russell Wilson and start him over those two. The Patriots didn't do that.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 68
« First < 11515758596061 62636465 > Last »
Up