ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 68
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
Hoover 09:37 AM 01-28-2021
Dolphins have cap space, #3 and #18 picks this year, they also have two picks the second round. And they could send Tua as part of the deal.

Miami would be scary with Watson, but if he's going to the AFC east I'm fine with it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:38 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So the Texans are privately saying they aren't trading him, this is gonna so well.
If he sticks to his guns it will happen. Texans may as well do it and get it over with. They can get a big haul.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:39 AM 01-28-2021
If Patrick wanted to pick the next HC would Clark let him? He certainly would not hire an HC Mahomes doesn't want.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:40 AM 01-28-2021
I know there are Bill O'Briens out there that would give three first rounders for Deshaun Watson, but no intelligent GM would give that, I could see 2 firsts and a second but the Texans will likely have to lower their expectations a tad.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:42 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Think we all know if anywhere, he's going to the Jets. He wants it, they have the trade capital and desire to trade big, out of division.
Sorry, bumped the down vote on this accidentally.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:42 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
The NYJ shit was false. And Flores coaches far from the Patriot way despite coming up with them
The Miami GM, defensive coordinator, ex defensive coordinator all come from the Patriots. He may be less like the tree but I would not trust that given the shit show he just went through.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:44 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
If Patrick wanted to pick the next HC would Clark let him? He certainly would not hire an HC Mahomes doesn't want.
All the Texans had to do was interview him, then claim they found someone they liked better. That they didn't offer even a courtesy interview speaks volumes about Easterby and is exactly the reason Watson should leave asap no matter how much they try to convince him to stay.
[Reply]
-King- 09:45 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The Miami GM, defensive coordinator, ex defensive coordinator all come from the Patriots. He may be less like the tree but I would not trust that given the shit show he just went through.
Last time the GM was with the Patriots was in 1999. Before the "Patriots Way"
[Reply]
Shields68 09:46 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's becoming the NBA, the players are realizing they have power.
Depends on the contract. Some of the contracts with huge signing bonuses become impossible to trade given the cap hit the trading team would incur. So a team just can not trade the guy. Some of those contracts are way too high so no one is going to want them.

Deshaun is sort of a exception then the rule. Not much a signing bonus.

Further the thing the NBA has is max contracts and no cap hit to the trading team. So a team can easily decide if the player is worth a max contract or not. Further a lot of those contracts are short periods and at the end of those contracts they can walk. So a guy with 1-2 years left tells team trade me now or you get nothing. That is compelling.

If the guy is in the NFL you can look at him and say nah we will just franchise you for a couple more years.

What is Deshaun's options for not getting traded? Not report? OK. Report and not try? MMM unlike the NBA good chance you get hurt if not by the other team, your own team.
[Reply]
GingaChief 09:46 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Trade to NFC plz.
Hopefully. Though if not better not be the patriots! :-)
[Reply]
-King- 09:48 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I know there are Bill O'Briens out there that would give three first rounders for Deshaun Watson, but no intelligent GM would give that, I could see 2 firsts and a second but the Texans will likely have to lower their expectations a tad.
You're nuts if you don't think it's going to take at the very least 3 first round picks to trade for one of the best QBs in the league.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:48 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Miami has the #3 pick. That is a huge bargaining chip and I fear he will end up there, making for a juggernaut.
We are the juggernaut....bitches
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:50 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
We are the juggernaut....bitches
OK?

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t want easier paths to Super Bowls. Right now, Houston with Watson is not a threat. If he goes to Miami, they are.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:51 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Miami has the #3 pick. That is a huge bargaining chip and I fear he will end up there, making for a juggernaut.
LOL.

K.
[Reply]
wazu 09:51 AM 01-28-2021
I'm rooting for the Texans to refuse to trade him and force him to be a Texan or retire. Love a good standoff.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 68
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up