ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anybody been vaccinated yet?
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:37 AM 01-12-2021
Any side affects?

I can go get a shot tomorrow if I want. Just wanted to see if anybody here was a zombie first.
[Reply]
O.city 05:09 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The places down here are highly recommending to not take Tylenol or Advil. That they could lessen the vaccines impact and could possibly interfere with the replication of the RNA anti-bodies.

No studies on it yet. But, it doesn't take a epidemiologist to know that taking something that stops inflammation, while hoping those little RNA anti-bodies inflame and multiply. Might not be a good thing to be doing right after the shot. Does it matter enough to make a difference? Guess we have to wait until the scientific studies are done.
RNA antibodies? LOL what?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:53 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
RNA antibodies? LOL what?
Please don稚 question someone who knows everything.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:04 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Tylenol/acetaminophen isn't an anti-inflammatory.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.
I don't know shit about this vaccine, or how Tynenol works obviously, but its not BS everyone in Florida that receives the vaccine is being told not to take Tylenol and Advil unless absolutely necessary. Mine was given at a large respected medical center. This isn't some blogger info.

So no one else in the country is being told to avoid Tylenol and Advil after the getting the vaccine unless absolutely necessary? This is a Florida only thing?
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:38 PM 02-25-2021
I don't know shit about this vaccine, or how Tynenol works obviously, but its not BS everyone in Florida that receives the vaccine is being told not to take Tylenol and Advil unless absolutely necessary. Mine was given at a large respected medical center. This isn't some blogger info.

So no one else in the country is being told to avoid Tylenol and Advil after the getting the vaccine unless absolutely necessary? This is a Florida only thing?
The theory is out there on anti-inflammatory meds... and like you said, there's been no research done on it.

And considering there's been no research done on it, I don't see why anyone should be "highly recommending" anything.... and since acetaminophen isn't anti-inflammatory, it's not relevant to the theory, AFAIK.

....seems like the person you talked to is an idiot, which isn't just a Florida thing. :-)
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:10 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Just got home from receiving my second Moderna dose. Apparently the Moderna second doses have been causing more side effects than Pfizer. They recommended Tylenol and Advil before bed. We値l see.

I値l report back in the morning.
It's been 5 days, should we be worried?
[Reply]
DanT 01:38 AM 02-26-2021

The CDC's current advice to the public about COVID vaccination includes

Originally Posted by CDC:
If you have pain or discomfort, talk to your doctor about taking over-the-counter medicine, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, antihistamines, or acetaminophen, for any pain and discomfort you may experience after getting vaccinated. You can take these medications to relieve post-vaccination side effects if you have no other medical reasons that prevent you from taking these medications normally. It is not recommended you take these medicines before vaccination for the purpose of trying to prevent side effects, because it is not known how these medications may impact how well the vaccine works.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ect/after.html

Basically, there's some nondecisive evidence suggesting that prophylactic antipyretics (e.g., taking Tylenol before a vaccination) might blunt immune response for folks getting other vaccines, so no one is really sure but the thinking is that you should wait until after getting injected and symptoms appear.
[Reply]
2112 05:25 AM 02-26-2021
So I’m about 5 months post getting Covid. I’m going to be getting tested for antibodies soon. I am seeing and hearing sooo many mixed opinions on whether or not to get vaccinated if I still have active antibodies in my system. What say you Chiefsplanet?
[Reply]
DanT 07:04 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
So I知 about 5 months post getting Covid. I知 going to be getting tested for antibodies soon. I am seeing and hearing sooo many mixed opinions on whether or not to get vaccinated if I still have active antibodies in my system. What say you Chiefsplanet?
I would get vaccinated, to ensure protection.
[Reply]
DanT 07:09 AM 02-26-2021
So I知 about 5 months post getting Covid. I知 going to be getting tested for antibodies soon. I am seeing and hearing sooo many mixed opinions on whether or not to get vaccinated if I still have active antibodies in my system. What say you Chiefsplanet?
Here's current CDC guidance, part of which I have quoted below
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...derations.html

Originally Posted by CDC:
Vaccination of persons with a SARS-CoV-2 infection or exposure
Persons with a current or prior history of SARS-CoV-2 infection

Data from clinical trials indicate that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines can safely be given to persons with evidence of a prior SARS-CoV-2 infection. Vaccination should be offered to persons regardless of history of prior symptomatic or asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection. Viral testing to assess for acute SARS-CoV-2 infection or serologic testing to assess for prior infection for the purposes of vaccine decision-making is not recommended.

Vaccination of persons with known current SARS-CoV-2 infection should be deferred until the person has recovered from the acute illness (if the person had symptoms) and criteria have been met for them to discontinue isolation. This recommendation applies to persons who experience SARS-CoV-2 infection before receiving any vaccine doses as well as those who experience SARS-CoV-2 infection after the first dose but before receipt of the second dose.

While there is no recommended minimum interval between infection and vaccination, current evidence suggests that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 reinfection is low in the months after initial infection but may increase with time due to waning immunity. Thus, while vaccine supply remains limited, persons with recent documented acute SARS-CoV-2 infection may choose to temporarily delay vaccination, if desired, recognizing that the risk of reinfection, and therefore the need for vaccination, might increase with time following initial infection.

For vaccinated persons who subsequently experience COVID-19, prior receipt of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine should not affect treatment decisions (including use of monoclonal antibodies, convalescent plasma, antiviral treatment, or corticosteroid administration) or timing of such treatments.

[Reply]
2112 07:10 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by DanT:
I would get vaccinated, to ensure protection.
Yes, I was planning on doing that and signed up already. But a friend of mine who痴 a doctor told me not to get vaccinated while you still have antibodies in your system. So many mixed messages lol
[Reply]
2112 07:11 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by DanT:
Here's current CDC guidance, part of which I have quoted below
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...derations.html
Thanks!
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:23 AM 02-26-2021
Had the second Pfizer shot Tuesday. Arm was sore a couple days. So, have we decided when this enhanced placebo is going to make the world a better place, or when it turns us into zombies, yet?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:51 AM 02-26-2021
Pour yourself a drink and listen to A Farewell to Kings. You'll find your answer. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 07:58 AM 02-26-2021
Yes, I was planning on doing that and signed up already. But a friend of mine who痴 a doctor told me not to get vaccinated while you still have antibodies in your system. So many mixed messages lol
You likely have some level of immunity already, so the vaccine is probably a low priority. However, the vaccine will most likely last longer than your current immunity, so I would get it if you can, at least eventually.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:07 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You likely have some level of immunity already, so the vaccine is probably a low priority. However, the vaccine will most likely last longer than your current immunity, so I would get it if you can, at least eventually.
Losing immunity fast as has been reported just isn't accurate.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...sts-for-years/

My doctor sent this to me. They have the ability to offer testing for long term immunity but choose not to offer it. Too much useful information to have in the hands of the general public.

Hopefully posting this doesn't get me banned.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up