ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 162
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:20 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Who said anything about not missing them? Go back and read what I've actually said before you keep ranting.

Spillane has filled in for Bush just fine, and Bud is a loss, but all these overreactions about how it means their pass rush is dead are dumb. Their front seven still is full of talent and their best player is still there.

Originally Posted by :
Losing Bud and Bush probably hurt them against the Titans and Ravens more than anyone, especially when it comes to edge contain.
Seems pretty obvious you’re implying they wouldn’t miss them as much against the Chiefs. Either way, it was fucking stupid.

Spillane is a fine replacement when they’re playing other teams. They will absolutely miss Bush’s speed and range against the fastest offense they’ll face all season by far.

Their front 7 has now lost 2 of their top 3 members. Again, how is that not a huge blow when matching up against the best offense in the NFL?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:28 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I think there's an excellent chance Pittsburgh loses their first playoff game.

If they don’t get the bye, I believe they lose their first playoff game too.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:51 PM 12-05-2020
I hate the idea of Pitt losing their first game and not getting the chance to absolutely rape them in the AFCCG. Just another on the hit list that need to get got!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:13 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just can't believe this Steeler team is undefeated. Yeah, they have a really good defense.

Their offense isn't really very good and they've played a pretty meh schedule. It's a weird year, but they seem more like a typical 11/12 win team, not a 15 win team.
It's not that unbelievable.

These are the QBs they've faced:

Daniel Jones
Jeff Driskel
Watson
Wentz
Mayfield
Tannehill
Jackson
Garrett Gilbert
Burrow
Jake Luton
RG3

They've faced about five QBs who can complete a pass. Three are on terrible teams and one turned it over about four times. The fifth is Tannehill, who pretty much defines average.

It would actually be kind of pitiful if they had lost more than a couple games.

Even their fans acknowledge that they've been more lucky than good. They all say that they don't have the look of a SB team.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:30 PM 12-05-2020
For me this is much more about their offense and their struggles for long stretches in pretty much every game, against some of the worst defenses in the league, than their defense. Which hasn't been championship-caliber dominant either. They gave up nearly 30 points to a WR-less PHI, for crissake.

But back to my point, their offense has struggled consistently to score with any kind of reasonable efficiency for a team that is 11-0, that everyone is talking about as if they should be going to the SB.

Which is very reminiscent of another team we faced last season. The Patriots. Through the first 8-9 weeks of last season everyone thought NE had both a top 10 offense and a top 3 defense. Neither of which turned out to be true. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat, but struggled throughout the season to score on more than 50% of their possessions, and their TD to FG ratio hovered around 50% as well. And, after reviewing several of their games, I further noted that on drives starting from their own 40-yard line or worse, they punted more than 55% of the time, and kicked FGs at least 70% of the remaining scoring drives.

in short, their offensive efficiency was a little better than the Vikings.

Scoring on 4-5 drives and alternating between TDs and FGs just will not be good enough against a Chiefs team that regularly scores on 6-7 drives and posts TDs 60% of the time.

The Steelers will be required to increase their efficiency by 25% or more and simultaneously get their defense to reduce the Chiefs' offensive efficiency by about the same amount, just to stay in the game.

The odds of pulling that off are not very good.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:10 AM 12-06-2020
Clowney done for the season with knee surgery... I still take the Titans somewhat seriously because I have a respect level for what Henry and AJ Brown can do, but another blow nonetheless to an already suspect defense.
[Reply]
steelerdane 01:25 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
For me this is much more about their offense and their struggles for long stretches in pretty much every game, against some of the worst defenses in the league, than their defense. Which hasn't been championship-caliber dominant either. They gave up nearly 30 points to a WR-less PHI, for crissake.

But back to my point, their offense has struggled consistently to score with any kind of reasonable efficiency for a team that is 11-0, that everyone is talking about as if they should be going to the SB.

Which is very reminiscent of another team we faced last season. The Patriots. Through the first 8-9 weeks of last season everyone thought NE had both a top 10 offense and a top 3 defense. Neither of which turned out to be true. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat, but struggled throughout the season to score on more than 50% of their possessions, and their TD to FG ratio hovered around 50% as well. And, after reviewing several of their games, I further noted that on drives starting from their own 40-yard line or worse, they punted more than 55% of the time, and kicked FGs at least 70% of the remaining scoring drives.

in short, their offensive efficiency was a little better than the Vikings.

Scoring on 4-5 drives and alternating between TDs and FGs just will not be good enough against a Chiefs team that regularly scores on 6-7 drives and posts TDs 60% of the time.

The Steelers will be required to increase their efficiency by 25% or more and simultaneously get their defense to reduce the Chiefs' offensive efficiency by about the same amount, just to stay in the game.

The odds of pulling that off are not very good.
The good thing about it is that Steelers have chance to prove how good they are, they still go to Buffalo and Cleveland and play the Colts. We'll see how good they are and if they finish 16-0 there aint nothing any of the haters can say.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:32 PM 12-06-2020
Any newfound respect for Cleveland?

Impressive showing today.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:37 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

They play like that, the Steelers are going down for sure.
[Reply]
Basileus777 02:01 PM 12-06-2020

Browns are going to be the 5th seed and have a good chance at winning their first playoff game against the Colts or Titans.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:36 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They play like that, the Steelers are going down for sure.
They probably won't, as PIT will get a lot more pressure on Baker than TEN did today, but if they could, yeah, CLE would win that game. By a couple TDs.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:17 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by steelerdane:
The good thing about it is that Steelers have chance to prove how good they are, they still go to Buffalo and Cleveland and play the Colts. We'll see how good they are and if they finish 16-0 there aint nothing any of the haters can say.
nobody believes they are going 16-0, and in the off chance that they do, definitely nobody on the face of the Earth thinks they are going 19-0....

So enjoy it while you can....they'll be exposed soon enough....
[Reply]
RunKC 12:39 PM 12-07-2020
Oh they’re cocky alright
Attached: 9FA44A5E-C67B-4C02-8386-A004A7C0F5E7.jpg (102.2 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:49 PM 12-07-2020

The Titans are in a full-on collapse.

Cleveland won't play like that against Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:45 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Oh they’re cocky alright
Lol.

I’m sure certain teams reference this when they come up against playing the Steelers. They think they’re hot shit and not vulnerable. Already talking like the Super Bowl is a given.

It’s just one player and maybe this is an isolated thing, but if this truly the mindset of the Steelers lockeroom then they’re gonna get Baltimore’d, just like last year, when the playoffs start. They won’t even get a shot at the Chiefs.

Chiefs will be in the AFC Title game, you can count on that. Just a matter of who they’ll be playing. I REALLY do hope it’s an undefeated Steelers team. Would love nothing more than to watch Andy ruin their perfect season.

Besides, we owe Miami for last year anyway. They can consider it payback.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 162
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Up