ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 162
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:09 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Washington over Pitt.

Calling my shot
Based on what?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:09 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Again, tell me which teams they're going to lose to and tell my why. Don't tell me they're going to "fold" or they're not going undefeated "because that doesn't happen".

Tell me who is going to beat them and explain the matchup that gets them a loss.
I already said Buffalo and Indy. The law of averages says they will drop games. Football Team has a shot too

Good chance KC loses again too
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I already said Buffalo and Indy. The law of averages says they will drop games. Football Team has a shot too
The law of averages?

Come on man.

Buffalo has a shot for sure.

Indy has less of a chance. They depend on running the ball even though they're bad at it and Rivers is a turnover machine in big games. Do you really want to bet on Indy?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:11 PM 12-04-2020
How many times does it have to be pointed out that this Steelers team could’ve just as easily lost to Driskel, Gilbert, and fucking RG3?

If those teams were able to keep it close with those QB’s, there’s no reason to assume the WFT, Colts, Bills, and Browns are all 100% going to lose.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:14 PM 12-04-2020
The law of averages?

Come on man.

Indy has less of a chance. They depend on running the ball even though they're bad at it and Rivers is a turnover machine in big games. Do you really want to bet on Indy?
You’re arguing against the same logic that you were using on why the Ravens would fall back down to earth this season regardless having an easy schedule themselves. It makes no fucking sense dude.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How many times does it have to be pointed out that this Steelers team could’ve just as easily lost to Driskel, Gilbert, and fucking RG3?

If those teams were able to keep it close with those QB’s, there’s no reason to assume the WFT, Colts, Bills, and Browns are all 100% going to lose.
How many times do they have to win those close games to show you that they not only can do it, they have done it? This team has proven over and over again that they can overcome mistakes and win close games. They also force turnovers at the highest rate in the NFL, regardless of who is playing QB.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:16 PM 12-04-2020
How many times do they have to win those close games to show you that they not only can do it, they have done it? This team has proven over and over again that they can overcome mistakes and win close games. They also force turnovers at the highest rate in the NFL, regardless of who is playing QB.
So because they’ve won all their close games, they’re going to continue to win their close games? What kind of logic is that?

Winning close games for an entire season all the way to 16-0 isn’t sustainable. It’s really that simple.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:17 PM 12-04-2020
They're 11-0. Not sure how you can say they aren't playing their best football. Again, they're not a great team but they have an absolute shit schedule. They don't need to play their best football, they just need to win.

Also, they tend to play their best football, in-game, when the game is on the line. They've closed the door more than a few times this season.

I get that they haven't had a bye since week 4. That being said, Big Ben has been complaining of soreness in his elbow since week ONE and still has thrown the ball 185 times in the last 4 games without any real ill effects. I don't seem them just breaking down magically over the next 4 weeks.
I don't disagree with any of this, but I wouldn't say they "play their best football" when the game is on the line....

What I would say is that we forget that Big Ben is no slouch at QB, and when the game is on the line, he's better equipped to duke it out with sub-par QBs when things get tight. For example: All else being equal, if the Steelers played the Cowboys with a backup QB (or rather, the Cowboys had Dak), the Cowboys probably win that game....Better competition at QB probably swings some points from PIT to NY, Baltimore x2, Philly, Houston, Denver.....

The reality is that when it comes down to crunch time, Ben still knows how win a game, and the Steelers D is more than good enough to feast off the poor QBs (like they have been)....I'm not saying Ben is having a great year (because he's been very average for the most part), but Ben is simply not going to feel the pressure quite the same way as Jeff Driskel, RGIII, Garret Freaking Gilbert, Daniel Jones, and the rest of the average at best QBs thrown his way....

At some point, the D isn't going to be able to bail them out, and when the QBs can match up better with them, they are going to have a very hard time. This is why I compare them to the 1995 Chiefs.....at some point, they're not going to get that turnover, short-field TD, Pick 6, fumble in the red zone, or opponents screwing the pooch at the end of the half and not getting points. And when they don't get that, and actually have to play clean against a QB that isn't going to lose the game, they are going to be in trouble....
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:17 PM 12-04-2020
You’re arguing against the same logic that you were using on why the Ravens would fall back down to earth this season regardless having an easy schedule themselves. It makes no fucking sense dude.
No, not at all.

The Ravens played above their mean last year. They escaped last season with almost no injuries. It was a charmed season where the stars aligned.

If we were starting NEXT season, I would tell you the same thing about the Steelers but the problem is that we're talking about NOW.

THIS is the Steelers charmed season where everything goes right - the schedule, the bounces, the refs, etc. Now the Dupree loss certainly will have some affect but how much? The guy isn't all-world and that's part of the reason they franchised him. He wasn't having the breakout season he wanted by any means so who knows what kind of loss it will be. The loss of Devin Bush certainly wasn't the collapse many thought it would be.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 12-04-2020
So because they’ve won all their close games, they’re going to continue to win their close games? What kind of logic is that?

Winning close games for an entire season all the way to 16-0 isn’t sustainable. It’s really that simple.
The fact they've won all of their close games suggests they know how to do it. That doesn't mean they will win the rest of their games but it gives them an advantage. If you don't believe past history is a predictor of future success, I don't know what to tell you.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:20 PM 12-04-2020
The law of averages?

Come on man.

It takes a ridiculous team to win more than 14vgames in the NFL no matter the schedule. They aren't it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:21 PM 12-04-2020
No, not at all.

The Ravens played above their mean last year. They escaped last season with almost no injuries. It was a charmed season where the stars aligned.

If we were starting NEXT season, I would tell you the same thing about the Steelers but the problem is that we're talking about NOW.

THIS is the Steelers charmed season where everything goes right - the schedule, the bounces, the refs, etc. Now the Dupree loss certainly will have some affect but how much? The guy isn't all-world and that's part of the reason they franchised him. He wasn't having the breakout season he wanted by any means so who knows what kind of loss it will be. The loss of Devin Bush certainly wasn't the collapse many thought it would be.
Lol wut?

Bud Dupree wasn’t having a breakout season? He had 8 sacks, and him and Watt were the best pass rushing duo in the NFL this year.

The difference between the Steelers and Ravens comparison is that we’re just talking about the Steelers losing a game or two when talking about the law of averages and them coming back down the earth. The injuries have already started for them (Bush and now Dupree) as has the drop in play (almost losing to the Ravens with a depleted roster).
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
What I would say is that we forget that Big Ben is no slouch at QB, and when the game is on the line, he's better equipped to duke it out with sub-par QBs when things get tight.
I absolutely agree.

Now look at the QB's left on the slate:

Allen
Rivers
Alex fucking Smith
Baker Mayfield
and I don't even know who the Bengals backup is this week

I'm NOT arguing the Steelers are a great team. They play 3 nobodies, 1 turnover machine, and 1 complete wild card the rest of the way.

This isn't about the Steelers WINNING 16 games. This is about the Steelers backing into 16-0 because there's nobody capable of beating them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:23 PM 12-04-2020
Lol wut?

Bud Dupree wasn’t having a breakout season? He had 8 sacks, and him and Watt were the best pass rushing duo in the NFL this year:
Bud Dupree had 6 of his sacks in the first 4 weeks of the season. But yeah, I guess compared to the 5 or 6 per season he got before now, it could be considered "break out". My bad there.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:23 PM 12-04-2020
The fact they've won all of their close games suggests they know how to do it. That doesn't mean they will win the rest of their games but it gives them an advantage. If you don't believe past history is a predictor of future success, I don't know what to tell you.
Past history you say?

How many teams have gone 16-0? :-)
[Reply]
Page 74 of 162
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Up