ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 162
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:52 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
They have only three games that could be called blowouts so far this season, in spite of having the weakest schedule in 2020. JAX, CLE and CIN.

With just a couple exceptions, they've either had to come from behind or have been in dogfights against mostly bottom tier teams.
Two of their remaining 6 games are against Cleveland and Cincinnati.

They also have Washington, which could turn into a blowout. They're not a good team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I understand that, but this is where we disagree because I just don’t see how anybody can assume the Steelers are going to finish strong.
Again, who is going to beat them?

You could make arguments for Buffalo and Indy, provided their QB's don't blow it, which in Indy's case isn't a great chance. That's what Philip Rivers does.

The rest of their games are jokes.

The only game that they have a better-than-good chance of losing is Buffalo and even Buffalo isn't a great team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If Phil can avoid throwing 12 of his patented Riversceptions, the Colts will take down the Steelers.

Buffalo has a great shot too.
Counting Rivers to not be Rivers. Not a really good bet, sorry.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:57 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Again, who is going to beat them?

You could make arguments for Buffalo and Indy, provided their QB's don't blow it, which in Indy's case isn't a great chance. That's what Philip Rivers does.

The rest of their games are jokes.

The only game that they have a better-than-good chance of losing is Buffalo and even Buffalo isn't a great team.
I think they could lose any game aside from the Bengals.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:59 PM 12-04-2020
Counting Rivers to not be Rivers. Not a really good bet, sorry.
No, just counting on Rivers to be better than RG3, Driskel, and Gilbert.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:00 PM 12-04-2020
I think they could lose any game aside from the Bengals.
Based on what? Hope?

WFT isn't a good team. The Steelers aren't a great team but they are a good team. They're going to beat Washington.

They're going to blowout the Browns because...Browns. And they'll of course beat the Bengals without Burrow.

Indianapolis is a good team with a propensity to choke in meaningful games, aka Philip Rivers is their QB.

That leaves Buffalo.

Sure, they COULD lose any of those games but we both know they won't. They're just good enough to beat every one of those teams.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:01 PM 12-04-2020
Based on what? Hope?

WFT isn't a good team. The Steelers aren't a great team but they are a good team. They're going to beat Washington.

They're going to blowout the Browns because...Browns. And they'll of course beat the Bengals without Burrow.

Indianapolis is a good team with a propensity to choke in meaningful games, aka Philip Rivers is their QB.

That leaves Buffalo.

Sure, they COULD lose any of those games but we both know they won't. They're just good enough to beat every one of those teams.
Based on the fact that they’re not playing their best football, lost another key player on defense, haven’t had a bye since week 4, entering the “toughest” part of their weak schedule, and their games are usually close.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:03 PM 12-04-2020
I understand that, but this is where we disagree because I just don’t see how anybody can assume the Steelers are going to finish strong.
And it only gets more difficult the higher their record goes.....who doesn't want to be the team the knocks off the "undefeated" Steelers. And the Steelers aren't some type of juggernaut by any stretch....they will fold at some point....

I remember in 2003, when the Chiefs rolled into Cincy at 9-0. At the time, the Bengals weren't a bad team, but not a great team either.....on most given days, that Chiefs team should have mopped up the Bengals, but 9-0....the Bengals were just absolutely committed to winning that game and being the team to hand them the first loss....

So, anyone who doesn't think a WFT (who despite the record, has a ton to play for), a Buffalo, Indy, or Cleveland (who are they themselves fighting for playoff posturing themselves, with two of those not being guaranteed a spot and will be clawing like a cornered wolverine), or even a Bengals team wouldn't want to be the first to take the Steelers out is severely under-estimating the pride factor that goes into these games

It will only get increasingly more difficult the more the Steelers win....I'm actually grateful the Chiefs don't have that kind of pressure on them on top of the Super Bowl expectations.....
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 12-04-2020
Based on the fact that they’re not playing their best football, lost another key player on defense, haven’t had a bye since week 4, and their games are usually close.
They're 11-0. Not sure how you can say they aren't playing their best football. Again, they're not a great team but they have an absolute shit schedule. They don't need to play their best football, they just need to win.

Also, they tend to play their best football, in-game, when the game is on the line. They've closed the door more than a few times this season.

I get that they haven't had a bye since week 4. That being said, Big Ben has been complaining of soreness in his elbow since week ONE and still has thrown the ball 185 times in the last 4 games without any real ill effects. I don't seem them just breaking down magically over the next 4 weeks.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:05 PM 12-04-2020
They're 11-0. Not sure how you can say they aren't playing their best football. Again, they're not a great team but they have an absolute shit schedule. They don't need to play their best football, they just need to win.

Also, they tend to play their best football, in-game, when the game is on the line. They've closed the door more than a few times this season.

I get that they haven't had a bye since week 4. That being said, Big Ben has been complaining of soreness in his elbow since week ONE and still has thrown the ball 185 times in the last 4 games without any real ill effects. I don't seem them just breaking down magically over the next 4 weeks.
If Wednesday was their “best football”, then they’re dropping 2 games.

Winning close games over and over, regardless of who you’re playing, isn’t sustainable.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:06 PM 12-04-2020
How the fuck is it a given that the Steelers get the 1?Lunacy. They aren't a legendary fuvking team that's going undefeated. They will lose....probably multiple games

Also, like I said even though the Chiefs SHOULD win every game left, they likely lose a game too
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:06 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
And it only gets more difficult the higher their record goes.....who doesn't want to be the team the knocks off the "undefeated" Steelers. And the Steelers aren't some type of juggernaut by any stretch....they will fold at some point....

I remember in 2003, when the Chiefs rolled into Cincy at 9-0. At the time, the Bengals weren't a bad team, but not a great team either.....on most given days, that Chiefs team should have mopped up the Bengals, but 9-0....the Bengals were just absolutely committed to winning that game and being the team to hand them the first loss....

So, anyone who doesn't think a WFT (who despite the record, has a ton to play for), a Buffalo, Indy, or Cleveland (who are they themselves fighting for playoff posturing themselves, with two of those not being guaranteed a spot and will be clawing like a cornered wolverine), or even a Bengals team wouldn't want to be the first to take the Steelers out is severely under-estimating the pride factor that goes into these games

It will only get increasingly more difficult the more the Steelers win....I'm actually grateful the Chiefs don't have that kind of pressure on them on top of the Super Bowl expectations.....
Cleveland, Washington, and Cincinatti may WANT to knock them off but as my dad used to say, "want in one hand. shit in the other..."

"Want to" doesn't win games, talent does. And despite all the talent that Cleveland has, they have Baker Mayfield at QB. The other two teams are bottom feeders.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:07 PM 12-04-2020
Washington over Pitt.

Calling my shot
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:07 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
How the fuck is it a given that the Steelers get the 1?Lunacy. They aren't a legendary fuvking team that's going undefeated. They will lose....probably multiple games
Again, tell me which teams they're going to lose to and tell my why. Don't tell me they're going to "fold" or they're not going undefeated "because that doesn't happen".

Tell me who is going to beat them and explain the matchup that gets them a loss.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:08 PM 12-04-2020
If Wednesday was their “best football”, then they’re dropping 2 games.

Winning close games over and over, regardless of who you’re playing, isn’t sustainable.
The Cincinnati and Cleveland games won't be close.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 162
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Up