ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 162
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:18 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Actually the Titans game was the “easiest” win for the Chiefs during their postseason run last year.

Houston had the Chiefs down 24-0 and the 49ers led the Chiefs by 10 in the fourth quarter and intercepted Mahomes twice.
This....and the thing for me is "what changed since last year for the Titans"....they are practically the exact same offense (minus their tackles) and a somehow worse D than last year. Their style is exactly the same, the players (save one or two) are exactly the same, the coaches are exactly the same....

Maybe, giving the Tits some benefit of the doubt, they have (a) AJ with year under his belt (OK, but he was pretty dang good last year too) (b) a year of confidence coming off the playoff run (So I guess you can say they are building off that experience); and (c) a whole year of continuity with each other as opposed to regime changes.....maybe something I'm missing that others can fill me in on (I've watched just about all of their games BTW)

All that sounds fine, but won't mean anything when / If they meet the Chiefs again.....Pat will shred that D alive, and (as others have said) will take them out of their run first mentality game. the Tits want to bully everyone, and we have the ultimate "don't care, you're not going to bully us" QB and team....

I'd even highly doubt that the Chiefs D could replicate the AFCCG performance from last year....so what? in the Regular season game, Henry ran for 188 (that I note the Tits won), but it took a 50 yd fumble returned TD, not one but 2 botched FGs (which I'm still thoroughly convinced that the last blocked attempt the Tits dude was way offsides), and like a 60-70 yd TD run by Henry, a horrible 3rd down play by the Chiefs to set up the first botched FG, and the Tits still had to drive at the end of the game to get that win (at home none-the-less).....

That was one of the biggest mind-blowing what the F games we've played under the Andy regime. I would add that it was Pat's first game back from knee injury, but he was stellar in that game so that wasn't an issue, but I also think that was a game where Andy started to realize that we can't let the foot off the gas. At any rate, it took a lot of crazy things to happen for the Tits to win, things that are very rarely going to happen simultaneously very often.

My point is that, even with a herculean effort from Henry, the Chiefs could have, and quite honestly, should have easily won that game. And in the playoffs, with this year's Tits D, in KC, I just don't see the Tits being able to hang. For as much as the Tits probably want their shot at the Chiefs for last year's playoff loss....the Chiefs would be salivating over shredding that D again.....

And we can fool ourselves all we want about the Tits being up by 10 twice in the AFCCG....for mere mortal teams, that's a big deal. For a Chiefs team that has demonstrated that they can put up 28 pts in a quarter multiple times, it's a mere inconvenience. The Chiefs aren't the Ravens, Pats, Steelers or anyone else that has to play by" normal rules"....They are the Chiefs and nothing is impossible.....

None of this is to take away from the Tits, because they do have a very good team, are well coached, and most certainly are a contender that can win on any given day, and they should be taken seriously. But they simply don't match up well at all with the Chiefs, and sure as heck aren't going to outscore them in a clean game, so unless a similar series of very fortuitous events occur, I don't see them beating the Chiefs....
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:25 AM 12-04-2020
Took a glance at the Steelers forum, and it doesn't seem like they're confident about beating the Chiefs. A lot of them don't think they're as good as their record and acknowledge that, on their bad days, they were lucky to be facing a crap team.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't know if she changed it due to data analysis. That might be the case because a lot of the models now favor the Steelers because they're 11-0.

Historical analysis favors them by the way, too.

Fortunately, we have the greatest anomaly in all of football. :-)
Any model or analysis that puts that much emphasis on their record is worthless.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:56 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Any model or analysis that puts that much emphasis on their record is worthless.
It not just the fact that they're 11-0. It's that they're 11-0 against those teams and then looking ahead at the teams they have left. The amount of risk that's involved in playing 4 games versus 3 in the playoffs, probable playoff opponents, etc.

It's a lot more complicated than just the record but the models have started favoring Pittsburgh to make the Super Bowl after last week.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:04 PM 12-04-2020
I think they'll blow the WFT and Browns out.
No way.

The Football Team will win this week.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:04 PM 12-04-2020
I think they'll blow the WFT and Browns out. That leaves the Colts and Bills.
They have only three games that could be called blowouts so far this season, in spite of having the weakest schedule in 2020. JAX, CLE and CIN.

With just a couple exceptions, they've either had to come from behind or have been in dogfights against mostly bottom tier teams.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:05 PM 12-04-2020
I know.

Again, I'm not worried about the Chiefs beating the Steelers.

I'm just not keen on having to play an extra playoff game but right now, I think it's pretty much a given that the Chiefs are going to be the #2 seed.

It's just a sad fucking shame because Pittsburgh doesn't even deserve the bye. All these people want to play the Steelers in the playoffs to exorcise some past demon but that's not going to happen. They're going to get the bye and then lose in the divisional round while we have to play 4 games and hope nobody gets hurt.
Completely agree.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 PM 12-04-2020
It not just the fact that they're 11-0. It's that they're 11-0 against those teams and then looking ahead at the teams they have left. The amount of risk that's involved in playing 4 games versus 3 in the playoffs, probable playoff opponents, etc.

It's a lot more complicated than just the record but the models have started favoring Pittsburgh to make the Super Bowl after last week.
I understand that, but this is where we disagree because I just don’t see how anybody can assume the Steelers are going to finish strong.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:33 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I understand that, but this is where we disagree because I just don’t see how anybody can assume the Steelers are going to finish strong.
This. Let’s not forget that their bye was Week Fucking 4. They looked tired and worn against the Ravens backups.

How will they look Monday against a young Washington team (who last played on Thanksgiving)? Or the next Sunday when they travel to Buffalo (who’s looking to win their first division title in forever)? What about Indy in Week 16 after playing on Monday? Then traveling to Cleveland?

Their team has key injuries to the strength of their team, which aren’t coming back this year.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:33 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
She also picked Saints Chiefs in 2018
That’s been my pick for the past 3 year.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:40 PM 12-04-2020
Until the CHIEFS kick their ass in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME and take the LAMAR HUNT TROPHY! :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:18 PM 12-04-2020
The Steelers are a paper tiger. They are a threat just like any NFL team is a threat, but they'll be stumbling to the finish. They remind me of the 2003 Chiefs that went 10-0 and then stumbled along with a 3-3 record in the final 6. I fully expect them to lose down the stretch. They might yet end up with the #1 seed, but I'm not worried about the Steelers any more than any other AFC playoff team.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:21 PM 12-04-2020
I wish the Steelers were playing Buffalo this week instead of the WFT.

A loss to WFT means nothing in regards to the first place bye.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:40 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I wish the Steelers were playing Buffalo this week instead of the WFT.

A loss to WFT means nothing in regards to the first place bye.
It could. PIT could lose both games.

Or, WSH defense could beat up Ben/receivers just enough to effect their performance against BUF.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:50 PM 12-04-2020
If Phil can avoid throwing 12 of his patented Riversceptions, the Colts will take down the Steelers.

Buffalo has a great shot too.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 162
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Up