ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3453 of 3903
« First < 2453295333533403344334493450345134523453 3454345534563457346335033553 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 06:52 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It does but they apparently need thousands of studies to confirm
Pretty much.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:57 PM 02-25-2021
It does but they apparently need thousands of studies to confirm
So they're saying the shot DOES stop transmission now, or they just think (hope) it might until they have X amount of feedback on it?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:12 PM 02-25-2021
It probably does a pretty good job of stopping transmission of the original virus for which the vaccines work really well.

It probably doesn't do near as good at stopping transmission of the mutated viruses that are not yet that common in the US but soon will be.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:13 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So they're saying the shot DOES stop transmission now, or they just think (hope) it might until they have X amount of feedback on it?
There's not really historical precedent for a vaccine stopping illness but not stopping transmission. Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely? Not really.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:19 PM 02-25-2021
Apparently the Israelis have good news about Pfizer. Here's a random link that summarizes it:

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/c...israel-studies
[Reply]
Bowser 09:08 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's not really historical precedent for a vaccine stopping illness but not stopping transmission. Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely? Not really.
But as I understand it, this shot doesn't stop you from getting the illness, transmitting it if you have it, or even getting it a second time down the road if you've already had it, it just mutes the symptoms if you have it? And that's not even speaking of possible mutations to the virus?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:11 PM 02-25-2021
But as I understand it, this shot doesn't stop you from getting the illness, transmitting it if you have it, or even getting it a second time down the road if you've already had it, it just mutes the symptoms if you have it? And that's not even speaking of possible mutations to the virus?
It probably does all of those things. We just haven't had time to definitively conclude it.

The only one that is probably a bit true is that it likely doesn't last forever.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:37 PM 02-25-2021
From everything I've read they expect vaccines to last longer and provide more protection than getting sick from covid. But both could be enough to make it so you never get very sick from it again - or at least not for 20-30 years or something.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:12 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
From everything I've read they expect vaccines to last longer and provide more protection than getting sick from covid. But both could be enough to make it so you never get very sick from it again - or at least not for 20-30 years or something.
Can you provide the links to that?

I would expect a natural infection to be more protective at this point.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:18 AM 02-26-2021
When I was thinking about getting the vaccine I had a preference of Moderna over Pfizer but I am very glad I got the Pfizer vaccine. As more and more data comes out I get more impressed. That vaccine and most likely Moderna have proven to be very very effective and safe.

Good news on transmission blocking keeps coming. One dose of Pfizer lead to a 75% reduction in a study of thousands of a healthcare workers.

Single dose of Pfizer BioNTech vaccine reduces asymptomatic infections and potential for SARS-CoV-2 transmission https://t.co/mgVdm13WrC

— Aris Katzourakis 💙 (for UCU NEC) (@ArisKatzourakis) February 26, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Can you provide the links to that?

I would expect a natural infection to be more protective at this point.
I doubt it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:42 AM 02-26-2021
I doubt it.
Well, we already know this exists naturally.

Public Health England has partnered with diagnostics company Oxford Immunotec to recruit thousands of people in an effort to find out if they have acquired T-cell immunity to Covid-19.

The new trial follows recent research that showed people infected with a Sars virus similar to Covid-19 developed T-cell immunity that can act up to 17 years, meaning far more people may be immune for a long period of time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...c-b533312.html
[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Well, we already know this exists naturally.

Public Health England has partnered with diagnostics company Oxford Immunotec to recruit thousands of people in an effort to find out if they have acquired T-cell immunity to Covid-19.

The new trial follows recent research that showed people infected with a Sars virus similar to Covid-19 developed T-cell immunity that can act up to 17 years, meaning far more people may be immune for a long period of time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...c-b533312.html
I would venture to say the polyclonal antibodies produced via vaccination, along with the strong T cell reaction are going to prove to be a stronger sterilizing immunity vs natural infection. Plus, you've got to actually get infected which puts recovery up in the air.

What you showed there doesn't really show much of what you're trying to say.
[Reply]
O.city 11:07 AM 02-26-2021

You love to see it.

Vaccine effect clearer every day in the UK. Amazing how much faster hospital admissions & deaths are falling in older groups than younger.

These are on a log scale, so steepening descent means rate of decrease among vaccinated groups grows every day ������ pic.twitter.com/qwa4slGc0f

— John Burn-Murdoch (@jburnmurdoch) February 26, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:21 PM 02-26-2021
I would venture to say the polyclonal antibodies produced via vaccination, along with the strong T cell reaction are going to prove to be a stronger sterilizing immunity vs natural infection. Plus, you've got to actually get infected which puts recovery up in the air.

What you showed there doesn't really show much of what you're trying to say.
Hey, that would be great. Of course there is no more evidence for this now.

That's a completely different topic and is a change of subject.

This document talks about safer vs better. I am only discussing BETTER immunity.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/m...y_479884_7.pdf

General Responses:
It is true that natural infection almost always causes better immunity than vaccines.

[Reply]
Page 3453 of 3903
« First < 2453295333533403344334493450345134523453 3454345534563457346335033553 > Last »
Up