ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz has surgery
siberian khatru 10:10 AM 02-24-2021

Injury Update: I’m getting surgery today. I was hoping to recover enough to get back for playoffs/Super Bowl but that didn’t happen. It’s time to address the issue. The recovery process isn’t too long, which is nice. Looking forward to a healthy 2021! #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/etGfSoCCd6

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
penguinz 01:15 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
No chance.
I am sure you are speaking from expertise and experience with Achilles surgeries.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:26 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
According to Veach Fisher is expected back by mid August. ;-)
I heard that. Seems very aggressive
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:29 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
According to Veach Fisher is expected back by mid August. ;-)
Yeah, I heard that presser this AM. He said Schwartz, Fish and Mahomie should all be ready for training camp. I'm thinking Mahomie is the only sure thing. Other two are wishful thinking. Maybe Veach is throwing that out there to mask his free agency and/or draft intentions. If we somehow get back all our lineman who were lost on Covid or injury, we'll be pretty deep at O-Line. But I wouldn't bet on it.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:30 PM 03-01-2021
Veach shared that it was a "disc" issue for Schwartz.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:41 PM 03-01-2021
From several sources at interview but this taken from KC Star.

Originally Posted by :
As for Fisher (Achilles) and Schwartz (back), who form the bookend blocking tandem for Mahomes, Veach said the team hopes both veteran tackles are available for training camp.

Schwartz, who missed 11 regular-season games and the entire postseason, announced his surgery via Twitter in late February, while Fisher had a medical procedure on Jan. 29 after suffering a ruptured left Achilles tendon in the AFC Championship Game.

“We’re hopeful both these guys will complete their rehab and be available for training camp and start the 2021 season,” Veach said.

Fisher’s projection might appear aggressive given the typical recovery time from a ruptured Achilles, which could be anywhere between four to six months, or up to 11 months, depending on the individual.

Veach said the Chiefs’ optimism regarding Fisher’s return is based on the projection of Rick Burkholder, who serves as the team’s vice president of sports medicine and performance, and the Chiefs’ medical staff.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...249602033.html
So if not surgery on Fisher, what type of medical procedure would it be?
[Reply]
Pants 01:51 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

I'm sure it was a surgery.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 02:34 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

I hope it wasn't the same one Eric Berry had done...
[Reply]
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Up