ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 277 of 288
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
wilkinson 01:58 PM 08-09-2023
Looking forward to SAW X!
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:44 PM 08-09-2023
Originally Posted by wilkinson:
Looking forward to SAW X!
Imma have to get caught up on the Saw franchise. I tapped out after i think the 3rd one.

Not to do the hipster thing but imma do the hipster thing.

Back when SAW was a thing, i was just a handsome, horny teenager working at a movie theater.

I got word from an indie movie nerd that about 6 months from now, one of the most badass indie horror moves was gonna drop and to keep my eyes peeled for "SAW".

/brushes dirt off shoulder

Yeah, i was pretty much in on SAW before it was even cool.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:55 PM 08-09-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Imma have to get caught up on the Saw franchise. I tapped out after i think the 3rd one.

Not to do the hipster thing but imma do the hipster thing.

Back when SAW was a thing, i was just a handsome, horny teenager working at a movie theater.

I got word from an indie movie nerd that about 6 months from now, one of the most badass indie horror moves was gonna drop and to keep my eyes peeled for "SAW".

/brushes dirt off shoulder

Yeah, i was pretty much in on SAW before it was even cool.
The first two were the best.
[Reply]
wilkinson 02:30 PM 08-10-2023
A man called Otto with Tom Hanks - great one
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:03 AM 08-12-2023
Last Voyage Of the Demeter was fucking badass!

It set a new bar for horror movies at least Dracula movies. Fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:50 AM 08-12-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Last Voyage Of the Demeter was ****ing badass!

It set a new bar for horror movies at least Dracula movies. ****ing awesome.
Good to know! Just got tickets to see it tonight
[Reply]
kpic 03:24 PM 08-12-2023
Confirmed on Last Voyage of the Demeter, just saw it today. Very solid movie, if you like old-school horror movies this is for you. I give it an 8 out of 10, and that's only because there were just a few nit-picky things.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:38 PM 08-12-2023
Agreed. It was very well done. Most bad ass, evil version of Dracula I’ve seen. Well acted. Me and the 12 year old son both enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:12 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Last Voyage Of the Demeter was fucking badass!

It set a new bar for horror movies at least Dracula movies. Fucking awesome.
Really wanna see this. Looks as bleak and fulla dread as 30 Days of Night.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:40 PM 08-13-2023
I just watched Asteroid City on Peacock. It was in theaters for about 2 minutes but it's a Wes Anderson movie (Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic, Grand Budapest Hotel) which means it's going to be weird, which it was. The cinematography is incredible.

The cast includes:

Bryan Cranston
Edward Norton
Jason Schwartzman
Scarlett Johansson
Jeffrey Wright
Liev Schreiber
Tom Hanks
Matt Dillon
Steve Carell
Tilda Swinton
Jeff Goldblum
Adrien Brody
Willem Dafoe
Margot Robbie
Maya Hawke

Some in big roles and others with bit parts. I would definitely recommend it if you're familiar with Wes Anderson movies or just like weird, artsy movies.
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:39 AM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I just watched Asteroid City on Peacock. It was in theaters for about 2 minutes but it's a Wes Anderson movie (Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic, Grand Budapest Hotel) which means it's going to be weird, which it was. The cinematography is incredible.

The cast includes:

Bryan Cranston
Edward Norton
Jason Schwartzman
Scarlett Johansson
Jeffrey Wright
Liev Schreiber
Tom Hanks
Matt Dillon
Steve Carell
Tilda Swinton
Jeff Goldblum
Adrien Brody
Willem Dafoe
Margot Robbie
Maya Hawke

Some in big roles and others with bit parts. I would definitely recommend it if you're familiar with Wes Anderson movies or just like weird, artsy movies.
From the cast alone I should be dying to see that show but I am not sure I have ever finished one of Wes Anderson's movies. I have started a few in your list but have quit watching them after so long.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:41 AM 08-14-2023
Grand Budapest Hotel is great. But yeah his movies are very artsy and weird so they can be an acquired taste.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:19 AM 08-15-2023
Fantastic Mr. Fox is my favorite of his. Most of his others I can take it or leave it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:34 AM 08-23-2023
If you are in the mood for an excellently crafted documentary, check out The Deepest Breath on Netflix. It showcases the world of extreme free diving and it's perils. Very intense and beautifully shot with a well constructed narrative. I can't stop thinking about it. If you need anything else to push you over, it's an A24 production and those who know, know.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:31 PM 08-24-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Fantastic Mr. Fox is my favorite of his. Most of his others I can take it or leave it.
same.
[Reply]
Page 277 of 288
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287 > Last »
Up