ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
Hootie 10:36 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
I'm sorry, did you see your mancrush close his eyes and flinch while throwing an interception before he took a hit on Sunday night?
and you think Brady would have the Colts at a better record than 6-5 right now?

Perhaps you missed the playoffs last year where Brady single-handedly lost them a home playoff game in less than a quarter.

EVERYONE knows who the better QB between the two of these guys are...it's not even a debate anymore.
[Reply]
Hootie 10:37 AM 11-30-2010
And Ryan Lilja is living proof that Manning isn't the god that made his O-Line look better than it was.
dude...

what?

Manning had literally no time to do anything Sunday night...and when he did his receivers would drop a ball or hesitate on a route...

It's no secret he didn't have a Peyton Manning type game...but it's not like he got any help from anyone, at all...

and there is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig difference between Jim Caldwell and Bill Belichick...just like there was when Tony Dungy was in town.

Peyton overcame the hand he was dealt...Brady was dealt Jokers.
[Reply]
milkman 10:40 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:
and you think Brady would have the Colts at a better record than 6-5 right now?

Perhaps you missed the playoffs last year where Brady single-handedly lost them a home playoff game in less than a quarter.

EVERYONE knows who the better QB between the two of these guys are...it's not even a debate anymore.
You just don't get it.

It takes two years to fully recover from the injury that Brady suffered.

Most people don't recognize just how mobile Brady is inside the pocket, but he has outstanding pocket presense and an uncanny ability to glide in the pocket to avoid pressure.

Because his knee wasn't fully recovered, he wasn't able to move as effectively in the pocket as he has throughout his career, and that affected his play.

But go ahead and keep your eyes on your dreamy mancrush.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:40 AM 11-30-2010
With just about any other QB, the Colts are a 3 win team with all of their injuries and poor decisions this offseason.
[Reply]
milkman 10:45 AM 11-30-2010
dude...

what?

Manning had literally no time to do anything Sunday night...and when he did his receivers would drop a ball or hesitate on a route...

It's no secret he didn't have a Peyton Manning type game...but it's not like he got any help from anyone, at all...

and there is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig difference between Jim Caldwell and Bill Belichick...just like there was when Tony Dungy was in town.

Peyton overcame the hand he was dealt...Brady was dealt Jokers.
Did you happen to notice that the most pressure came from the interior, where Ryan Lilja and Jake Scott used to play.

We saw a little of this last year with the absense of Scott.

We are seeing it even more now that both he and Lilja are gone.

That was a very good O-Line, and now not so much.

If Manning were the great equalizer you think he was, it shouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

And, I guess it's just coincidence that Dieon Branch suddenly looks like a legitimate WR again.
[Reply]
Hootie 10:45 AM 11-30-2010
You just don't get it.

It takes two years to fully recover from the injury that Brady suffered.

Most people don't recognize just how mobile Brady is inside the pocket, but he has outstanding pocket presense and an uncanny ability to glide in the pocket to avoid pressure.

Because his knee wasn't fully recovered, he wasn't able to move as effectively in the pocket as he has throughout his career, and that affected his play.

But go ahead and keep your eyes on your dreamy mancrush.
I get it...

Brady fanboys will always move the goalposts...

Always.

The Patriots won Super Bowls because of the system that they built...we're seeing it in Kansas City now. IT WORKS.

Tom Brady has developed into a great QB...but it's not like he was some "captain clutch" amazing, tremendous game changing QB at first...

The Patriots won a Super Bowl asking Tom Brady to do less than Matt Cassel is doing now...

You'll always bash Manning for some unknown reason...but he is probably the best QB to have ever graced the planet and he would have won all of those Super Bowls plus some in New England...

I could only imagine Bill Belichick having a QB like Manning...might as well just cancel the league every year and give them the Lombardi trophy...
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:47 AM 11-30-2010
Did you happen to notice that the most pressure came from the guard intereior, where Ryan Lilja and Jake Scott used to play.

We saw a little of this last year with the absense of Scott.

We are seeing it even more now that both he and Lilja are gone.

That was a very good O-Line, and now not so much.

If Manning were the great equalizer you think he was, it shouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

And, I guess it's just coincidence that Dieon Branch suddenly looks like a legitimate WR again.
Polian is to blame. Lilja was the fall man. Now, KC has a good running game, Indy has none. Manning is just about the only thing holding that offense together. He's doing a great job with what he has.
[Reply]
milkman 10:48 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
With just about any other QB, the Colts are a 3 win team with all of their injuries and poor decisions this offseason.
That is probably true, but I think Brady has them at 6 wins if he's there as well.

Same for Roethlisberger.

Look at the difference losing Kurt Warner has made to the Cards.

Manning is a great QB, no question, but this idea that Hootie has that he is the only differnce making QB in the league is laughable.
[Reply]
Hootie 10:49 AM 11-30-2010
Well, in fairness, Deion Branch has had 1 100 yard game since being re-acquired.

But hey...that's what great QB's do...they get the most out of their talent....

Somehow for Brady he has no weapons ever...

but Manning just has great weapons that make him look great...

Nevermind the fact that Tamme looks every bit as good as Clark...or Garcon/Collie came in last year and replace Harrison like he was nothing...or the fact that Wayne is just another guy who is overrated because he's had a QB with pinpoint accuracy his entire career...

but you're right...

Manning was only putting up the numbers Brady couldn't do early in his career because he had Harrison/Wayne and James...

He hasn't since proven that to be fiction or anything.

If anything...you'd have to think Harrison (like I've said all along) is probably pretty overrated...

And the comparison I've always made...had Harrison and Kennison flip-flopped draft spots...I bet we'd be talking about Kennison the same way we talk about Harrison now...you know...as a 1st ballot HOF'er...
[Reply]
Hootie 10:51 AM 11-30-2010
That is probably true, but I think Brady has them at 6 wins if he's there as well.

Same for Roethlisberger.

Look at the difference losing Kurt Warner has made to the Cards.

Manning is a great QB, no question, but this idea that Hootie has that he is the only differnce making QB in the league is laughable.
I think you're batshit crazy if you think Brady would have 6 wins with the Colts right now...

I don't know how to categorize Roethlisberger...he's a different brand of QB...he takes way more sacks than Peyton and Tom...I don't know if he'd be the QB to play behind Manning's terrible line that can't pass protect whatsoever.
[Reply]
Hootie 10:53 AM 11-30-2010
the Colts need to fire their entire coaching staff...they won't do it...but they should.

Caldwell is a god awful coach...and I will continue to have no respect for the Dungy tree...it's like the red-headed stepchild of the NFL coaching tree...
[Reply]
milkman 10:53 AM 11-30-2010
I get it...

Brady fanboys will always move the goalposts...

Always.

The Patriots won Super Bowls because of the system that they built...we're seeing it in Kansas City now. IT WORKS.

Tom Brady has developed into a great QB...but it's not like he was some "captain clutch" amazing, tremendous game changing QB at first...

The Patriots won a Super Bowl asking Tom Brady to do less than Matt Cassel is doing now...

You'll always bash Manning for some unknown reason...but he is probably the best QB to have ever graced the planet and he would have won all of those Super Bowls plus some in New England...

I could only imagine Bill Belichick having a QB like Manning...might as well just cancel the league every year and give them the Lombardi trophy...
I'm sory, but in all the years of watching football, I've never seen a great QB pussy up under pressure that Manning does.

Johnny Unitas used to get his shit pounded in when defenses had all the advantage, and he always stood tall in the pocket and delivered.

Warner and Brady have always stood tall and delivered.

I could go on and on.

Montana, Bradshaw, Staubach, Dawson....etc.

Every single time that Manning faces consistent pressure, he pussies up, and that's the reason I will always bash him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 11-30-2010
Listen,

I've been a Cassel hater. I'm still not sold on him, BUT I will admit that the last couple of weeks he's looked like damned good. My personal qualifications for that are: making the reads quickly and getting rid of the ball, hitting the receiver IN STRIDE, and either getting rid of the ball when there's nothing there or buying time with your legs if possible. And really, knowing when to do either.

Cassel has done all of those things the last few weeks. Admittedly, against not great defenses, but you would expect a good player to dominate a lesser defense, right? He's doing that. If he comes back to earth statistically but still shows the above skills, I'll be sold.

As for Richardson's play at LT-kid did fantastic. His weak point was pass blocking, and he did a pretty good job at it all day long, running his guy out wide and giving Cassel time. He's not an NFL starting caliber LT, but he's been doing very well at RT.

Our problem running the ball inside on anything other than a draw is this: Wiegmann. This is why Herm sent him packing-now hear me out-Casey is a small, quick, smart center. He's too small, in fact, to hold the point of attack in a head up, straight ahead running attack. He can pull like a mother f@cker, but he's not going to overpower anyone. Overall, his return has been a very positive thing-he's an onfield coach and steadying presence. He's a shining example of how to do things right to his younger teammates. He's just too small to stuff DT's and NT's and move them off the LOS.

This is ultimately a problem, and I'm sure that a stud C is on the radar as a need, if not because I'm correct (although I think I am) then at least because Wiegmann is what, 38?

We run outside because both guards are big enough to get a push and athletic enough to pull. Both young tackles do a nice job out on the perimeter.
Just my .02

Chris
[Reply]
milkman 10:56 AM 11-30-2010
I think you're batshit crazy if you think Brady would have 6 wins with the Colts right now...

I don't know how to categorize Roethlisberger...he's a different brand of QB...he takes way more sacks than Peyton and Tom...I don't know if he'd be the QB to play behind Manning's terrible line that can't pass protect whatsoever.
Let me say it again.

Brady has an uncanny ability to slide around in the pocket to avoid pressure.

That ability gives him the opportunity to make plays.

Terry Bradshaw had that same kind of pocket mobility, which is one of the reasons I've always said that he was underrated.
[Reply]
milkman 10:58 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Listen,

I've been a Cassel hater. I'm still not sold on him, BUT I will admit that the last couple of weeks he's looked like damned good. My personal qualifications for that are: making the reads quickly and getting rid of the ball, hitting the receiver IN STRIDE, and either getting rid of the ball when there's nothing there or buying time with your legs if possible. And really, knowing when to do either.

Cassel has done all of those things the last few weeks. Admittedly, against not great defenses, but you would expect a good player to dominate a lesser defense, right? He's doing that. If he comes back to earth statistically but still shows the above skills, I'll be sold.

As for Richardson's play at LT-kid did fantastic. His weak point was pass blocking, and he did a pretty good job at it all day long, running his guy out wide and giving Cassel time. He's not an NFL starting caliber LT, but he's been doing very well at RT.

Our problem running the ball inside on anything other than a draw is this: Wiegmann. This is why Herm sent him packing-now hear me out-Casey is a small, quick, smart center. He's too small, in fact, to hold the point of attack in a head up, straight ahead running attack. He can pull like a mother f@cker, but he's not going to overpower anyone. Overall, his return has been a very positive thing-he's an onfield coach and steadying presence. He's a shining example of how to do things right to his younger teammates. He's just too small to stuff DT's and NT's and move them off the LOS.

This is ultimately a problem, and I'm sure that a stud C is on the radar as a need, if not because I'm correct (although I think I am) then at least because Wiegmann is what, 38?

We run outside because both guards are big enough to get a push and athletic enough to pull. Both young tackles do a nice job out on the perimeter.
Just my .02

Chris
Agreed on all points.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up