ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
Chief Henry 10:54 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:

Two weeks of good play has me hoping, not believing.
I'm hoping and wanting desperatley to believe.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:55 AM 11-29-2010
Joining in on the Cassel Love Thread.

Dude played an awesome game yesterday. I found myself arguing with Charger fans that our QB just might be starting to get it. They laughed at me and said "Matt Cassel" then laughed some more. But I actually found myself defending him.

And I'm not going to toss the donkey game out the window either. They were NOT playing prevent the whole time. They were actually blitzing a lot and Cassel made some very nice throws in that game.

It doesn't matter what kind of D the other team is playing, a good throw is a good throw and that shouldn't be taken away from him. He's been playing well this month. I'm happy for him.
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 11:07 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Pants:
Manning was playing the number #1 D, has 0 running game and half his receivers are dead. Cassel was playing the #30 D with the #1 running game to support him. NOW, Cassel has looked good while he put up the crazy good numbers which is why I'm hoping it's not a mirage. He has been much better in the pocket the last two games and hasn't shit his pants during an effective pass rush. I hope it's as tk13 said and he's actually learning from experience as he hasn't had that much. I'm sure Pioli, Haley and Weis can distinguish between an inexperienced QB folding under pressure from an untalented QB. Let's hope they saw the former and it's the reason they're believing in him.
Manning looked amazingly like Cassel of 2009. Amazing what no offensive line and dropped passes will do to your rep.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:16 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I hope that is the case. They say after 30 games being the starter is when you really start to see a big improvement or know if a QB gets it or not. He is in game 41
I wonder how well that actually applies to Cassel, since he didn't play at all during college? He's basically a 3 year starter in college at this point.

Before the season, OTW58 wrote that Weis would be able to hide some of Cassel's short-comings and would be able to make him look like an average QB. During the first part of the season, that really looked like what was going on. However, it really does look like the light might have come on for Cassel over the last couple of games.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
[Reply]
Chief Henry 11:20 AM 11-29-2010
Is Cassel this good or was Arizona and Seattle that bad ? The NFC west is extremely weak. I'm trying not to look through Chief Red/ROSE colored glasses.
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:24 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Chief Henry:
Is Cassel this good or was Arizona and Seattle that bad ? The NFC west is extremely weak. I'm trying not to look through Chief Red/ROSE colored glasses.
Its both. Cassel is a solid QB who lit up a couple of mediocre at best teams.
[Reply]
beach tribe 11:27 AM 11-29-2010
Great take Dane. I'm right there. I was just standing there with my mouth hanging open mumbling:

"he just cold read the defense, and checked off to the perfect play"
"dude, just made that pass rusher look stupid"
"this guy just fired a fn laser right on the money"

Then just a bunch of yelling in my GFs less than interested, but cool enough to fake it's ear:

"THIS FUCKING GUY MAY HAVE HIT HIS STRIDE!!"
"MATT FN CASSEL LOOKS LIKE TOM FN BRADY!!"
"OMG I THINK WEIS MAY HAVE "FIXED" THE QB!!"
ETC!!
[Reply]
kaplin42 11:33 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by rrl308:
I've been really hard on Cassel, but I have to give the guy some props, he has really played well the last two weeks.
This!!!

If he keeps it up, I will jump on board the bandwagon with a full plate of crow and a smile on my face.
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:33 AM 11-29-2010
There was one play that I had a problem with. On the third drive, we had a run to the right called on third and short. Cassel recognized that they called a run blitz right where we were going to run. He pointed it out, but we ran the play anyway, lost yardage, and got called for a hold.

I really wished he would have called a timeout.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:38 AM 11-29-2010
Cassel was nails yesterday.

We HAD to have a road win yesterday. Keep the Chargers at bay, pull farther away from the rest of the division. This franchise has failed to win exactly this type of game forever.

After the failure to go up 10-0 and to have a punt blocked for a TD to bring the game level, I thought "Same ol, same ol'". Cassel deserves the credit for remaining aggressive and getting the ball to Bowe. And he threw some f'ing darts out there.

Also, that play where he spun out out after BRich whiffed and made the big play was stellar. It does two things: Deflates the opposition and fills the QB with confidence. And maybe this game and the confidence gained, can have residual effect going into the last 5 games. IMO a confident QB can get us the division.

In order to win it, THIS is the MC/DBowe we must have. I don't want to the favorite next year. I want to be the team that wins the division THIS year.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:43 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Were we watching the same game?

Richardson was terrible and O'Callaghan was simply a non-entity (which is fine for your RT).

When he wasn't committing penalties that were called, he was probably committing penalties that weren't or just getting beat altogether. We need Albert back something fierce.
Hamas couldn't be more wrong. B-Rich was getting consistently beat and clearly needed a TE or back to chip his guy.

Clearly he's more of a road grading RT at this point.
[Reply]
tooge 11:46 AM 11-29-2010
I was suprised to see Seattle take a time out when the chiefs nealed down. Then they tried to run some plays. One of their guys got hurt in the process. Not sure why teams do that. It was a classy move by Haley.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:48 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by bishop_74:
I gotta say he looked FAR better than Manning did tonight.
Oh my god.
[Reply]
Pants 11:48 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by tooge:
I was suprised to see Seattle take a time out when the chiefs nealed down. Then they tried to run some plays. One of their guys got hurt in the process. Not sure why teams do that. It was a classy move by Haley.
I loved seeing Todd sending the punt team with a disgusted look on his face. Pretty sure he said "I didn't want to fucking punt."

LOL
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:53 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by tooge:
They earned that injury to their center.

And took a knee of their own as soon as it happened.

Karma bit them in the ass for that one. Next time you'll take your whupin' like a man and get your ass back in the locker room, eh Pete?

That was bush league from Seattle.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up