ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 21
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:52 PM 11-28-2010
That was probably the best game the Chiefs have played on offense since 2005. They were dominant in both phases on offense.

Props all around. B-Rich had one bad whiff and two penalties, but I'm not even sure the clip was legit.

O'Failaghan was the only guy on O who even played poorly.

Cassel looked like a Pro Bowler and Charles and Bowe looked like the best at their respective positions in the NFL.
[Reply]
Pants 11:57 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by bishop_74:
I gotta say he looked FAR better than Manning did tonight.
Manning was playing the number #1 D, has 0 running game and half his receivers are dead. Cassel was playing the #30 D with the #1 running game to support him. NOW, Cassel has looked good while he put up the crazy good numbers which is why I'm hoping it's not a mirage. He has been much better in the pocket the last two games and hasn't shit his pants during an effective pass rush. I hope it's as tk13 said and he's actually learning from experience as he hasn't had that much. I'm sure Pioli, Haley and Weis can distinguish between an inexperienced QB folding under pressure from an untalented QB. Let's hope they saw the former and it's the reason they're believing in him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:00 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This was a huge game for Cassel more for when/where it was done.

Going into Seattle and playing an extremely efficient game despite a pretty brutal performance from Richardson was very impressive. He'll still lock in on his primary read on occasion, but I can only think of 2 poorly thrown balls today.

Step 1 - beat a quality team on the road to keep your team in the playoffs.

Step 2 - Beat a quality secondary in any environment; something he hasn't really done yet.

I'll concede that I never expected to see 2 consecutive games from Cassel like we just saw (seriously, quit talking about the Broncos game, though. Trumping that performance against 3 quarters of prevent defense undermines your credibility).

We'll see if he can keep proving me wrong.
Also, win a game for us in the 4th quarter.

However, if we're crossing stuff off a checklist, here's what I've seen from him against Arizona, Seattle, and even Oakland (in a loss):
-Look off your first option
-Throw the damn ball away (did it spectacularly today)
-Have some pocket presence (when Albert left the game, the pass pro was horrible and Cassel was terrific navigating out of the pocket)
-Step into all of your throws, even the ones where you're going to get hit (can't remember which play stuck out, but I think I remember him getting clocked on a blitz where he delivered a perfect strike to Bowe)
-Be good all 4 quarters. Not just the 2nd and 3rd. He was great throughout today.
-Make plays when the game is one the line. When Arizona looked like they were creeping back, he made some big plays
-Win one on the road
-Be a leader out there (he audibled out of a few that were brilliant calls. And love when he lead blocked for Charles)

You're right, still a lot to prove. But regardless of the opponent, the last few games hasn't just been a clinic against bad opponents. There is very noticeable growth in the way Cassel is approaching the position, which is fantastic!
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:12 AM 11-29-2010
I must say....this is the first "true" complete game I've seen MC play.

I'll give him credit when it's due......he played awesome today.

I hope hope hope HOPE he's finally starting to get it. This team is capable of so much more if we have a legit starting QB.
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:52 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Looking where?
Nowhere. I made it up out of thin air.
[Reply]
kcmaxwell 09:57 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Exactly. That, to me, was part of the "leadership" tag. On the game thread, I said he was Trent Green-like on that play.
Thats exactly what I was thinking when he came flying out there! He was really moving! Didnt know he was that quick!
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:02 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
Cassel's QB rating: 4th in the league.
His DVOA: 14th.
DYAR: 13th.

Which do you believe is a more accurate measure?
I don't really know. 13th or 14th is in line with where I view him,though. I don't know if that's a testament to the stats or just me wanting to agree with something that bolsters my own view.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That was probably the best game the Chiefs have played on offense since 2005. They were dominant in both phases on offense.

Props all around. B-Rich had one bad whiff and two penalties, but I'm not even sure the clip was legit.

Cassel looked like a Pro Bowler and Charles and Bowe looked like the best at their respective positions in the NFL.
Were we watching the same game?

Richardson was terrible and O'Callaghan was simply a non-entity (which is fine for your RT).

When he wasn't committing penalties that were called, he was probably committing penalties that weren't or just getting beat altogether. We need Albert back something fierce.
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:09 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
QB Rating is worthless... Vince Young is 6th in the league and Manning, Flacco, and Brees are 11-13...

hmmm who would I rather have Vince Young , Matt Cassel or Manning or Brees

:-)
The existence of outliers doesn't invalidate a stat. These aren't even outliers, though. Those guys are having supbar years by their standards, but they are still in the top third of the league.
[Reply]
notorious 10:20 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Two weeks of good play has me hoping, not believing.

Wow.

That is an excellent post. Replicious.

That is my EXACT thought on Cassel.
[Reply]
-King- 10:24 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

WHAT? Richardson looked TERRIBLE at LT. If not for Cassel having great pocket presence for the first time, Richardson would have allowed multiple sacks.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Extra Point 10:30 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Here are Cassel's QB ratings by game.

If you don't see a trend line there, I can't help you.
If it's a math sequence, we may run the ball down Denver's throat, and see a clinic taught to Rivers and Campbell. Bowe may be right.

MC may be the 10-11 version of Dilfer, if we get to the playoffs.
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:38 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Extra Point:
If it's a math sequence, we may run the ball down Denver's throat, and see a clinic taught to Rivers and Campbell. Bowe may be right.

MC may be the 10-11 version of Dilfer, if we get to the playoffs.
The Dilfer analogy is off-base. If memory serves, he had something like 10 TDs and 11 INTs that season.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:40 AM 11-29-2010
The fate of the team is going to rest with the defense, not Cassel.
[Reply]
Chief Henry 10:48 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
He was brilliant. Looked like a top-tier NFL QB. Did everything -- pocket presence, reads, audibles, consistently accurate, confident, leadership. I was very proud of him.

If he can stay around this zone, I'm sold.
All of this for sure...even when the play clock was winding down on several instances.

Now I want to see him do it again and again and again and again.

On a side not, how about Bowe getting sepration from his defenders ?
One of my biggest problems with the Chiefs over the years were our receiving corp and NOT getting seperation.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 21
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up