ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Florio implies that the 49ers should cheap shot Mahomes
Mecca 02:37 PM 01-22-2020

At 7:40, he says 15 yards is worth it and basically says they should take cheap shots if he runs to send a message and knock him out of the game...wow wtf?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:02 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y'know I hadn't thought about it until just now, but think about how well coached these guys were this week, especially in the secondary.

To a man they were hitting Henry at/below his thighs. Because...duh. You kinda have to. That's a big man and you want to chop his legs out from under him lest he take your soul.

But when they had shots on smaller dudes like Davis and Tannehill, they stood 'em up. If you hit a guy like that low he'll still go forward for another yard or two. But when you square someone like that up at their chest, they're done.

So the awareness on the field to know that when it's Henry, go low and give up the extra yard of forward progress to ensure you bring him down but when it's someone else, take that aggression and blow their ass up to stop all progress - that's pretty impressive and you had to figure it was drilled into them in during the week.
Pretty sure one of the Clark soundbytes everyone was up in arms about was about hitting Henry low whenever possible. Well done by all staff involved.
[Reply]
TLO 05:03 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Kinda tempted to report the video.
I did report it. Hopefully it gets taken down
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:05 PM 01-22-2020
Tannehill was a runner at that point. Sorensen also put his shoulder in Tanny’s chest.

It was a perfectly legal hit.
[Reply]
Seattle49er 05:06 PM 01-22-2020
This the same idiot that said Jimmy G would piss himself in the last game against Green bay. Dude is a tool.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:07 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I now hope more than ever that Tyreek is Super Bowl MVP...
Tyreek could have 150 receiving yards 2 rec tds, 100 rushing yes 2 TDs, a TD pass, and the game winning punt return for a TD and those fucks wouldn't give him the MVP.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:07 PM 01-22-2020
an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth if the fucking 49ers go there...
[Reply]
staylor26 05:08 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Tannehill was a runner at that point. Sorensen also put his shoulder in Tanny’s chest.

It was a perfectly legal hit.
All I wanna know is if you will finally put some respeck on Dirty Dan’s name pleiboi.
[Reply]
-King- 05:10 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Florio does really like Mahomes as a general rule.

But dig around a bit - EVERY fanbase thinks Florio hates them. Niners fans are bagging him as much as we do.

The issue isn't really that Florio has a particular animus towards the Chiefs or any specific organization (apart from the Chiefs association with Hill). It's that he a complete prick to ALL organizations who aren't the Patriots.

Like I said, I don't understand why PFT lets him carry their flag. He's a god-awful representative for their brand.
Florio is still the owner I think.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:13 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Mahomes is pretty good at not giving many opportunities for a big hit. He has a good sense of everything going on during a play, including best angles to take, location of defenders, how fast they're moving, etc. That run on Sunday was amazing. He needs to not do that again though unless game is truly on the line. Get down, get out of bounds, etc. Don't give them chances for cheap shots.
Exactly, because I’m not so sure some Niner wouldn’t take it upon themselves to do it

15 yards and an ejection? Surely well worth it in some players minds if it sidelined Mahomes... be careful out there, Patrick
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:13 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
All I wanna know is if you will finally put some respeck on Dirty Dan’s name pleiboi.

He’s stepped his game up this postseason, I won’t deny it.

There are worse players to burn $4m on.
[Reply]
Beach30 05:13 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I thought Florio was going to stop covering the NFL?
I thought he was too. I have not seen him in a while and then all the sudden he pops up to say this about Mahomes?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:16 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Beach30:
I thought he was too. I have not seen him in a while and then all the sudden he pops up to say this about Mahomes?
He is an asshat and "selectively" runs his yap.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:16 PM 01-22-2020
Jesus really people.
Every damn one of you have said the same or worse, mostly worse, illegal or not be damned when it came to certain QBs in certain situations. Now when Florio states nothing illegal just hit him when you have a chance when he is a runner you all acting like he is asking for cheap shots to be taken on Mahomes.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:18 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Beach30:
Watch the video for yourself. The OP has extremely exaggerated what Florio stated.
[Reply]
wisconsinchief 05:19 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
There would be a riot in the national media if that was said about Brady.
Or Lamar Jackson.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up