ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So, I'm going to move to upstate NY
rabblerouser 08:19 PM 04-22-2018
I'm going to move up there to be close to my daughter. I don't know anyone in the area besides her, my ex wife and her husband, I don't have a job or a place to live yet...and I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this, but I can't do the distance any longer. Won't do it.

I have a bunch of music gear and records to sell, I could get a few thousand up pretty damn quick.

Rent isn't as bad as I thought it would be...I'm just going to miss the Midwest.

Just not as much as I miss my daughter.
[Reply]
Pushead2 12:52 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Also, It's beautiful up there. I'd give my left pinky finger to move to Manhattan.
Manhattan or New York City?

I lived in Manhattan for a couple years and it wasn't that great.

(Yes, I'm a native NY'er)
[Reply]
JD10367 05:27 AM 04-23-2018
Lived in Syracuse for 3 years (1998 to 2000). I was just getting to like it when I left. Traffic's not bad, the air is clean, lots of trees and not a lot of people. The Finger Lakes are pretty with lots of cool small towns (used to drive to Skaneateles on the weekends). Rochester has some cool stuff. Lots of fall festivals in that area too. And you'll get to shop at Wegman's, the best grocery store chain on the planet. You could be moving to worse places.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:36 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
For reference, there are 215 sunny days per year in KC. There are 165 in Rochester.
My current hometown has the world record for consecutive sunny days, 716.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 05:43 AM 04-23-2018
Summers are great but the black flies and mosquitoes will eat your ass alive.
[Reply]
tx4chiefs 05:45 AM 04-23-2018
The Finger Lakes are in a great area. Pretty country there. The main problem with NY is the taxes, thanks to the rest of the state paying for NYC. Also, it will be colder and more snow than you may be used to. Enjoy being near your family!

Still root for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:59 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by tx4chiefs:
The Finger Lakes are in a great area. Pretty country there. The main problem with NY is the taxes, thanks to the rest of the state paying for NYC. Also, it will be colder and more snow than you may be used to. Enjoy being near your family!

Still root for the Chiefs.
If he's renting it really shouldn't be a problem. Only thing that's fucking dumb is property tax.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:13 AM 04-23-2018
For reference, there are 215 sunny days per year in KC. There are 165 in Rochester.
Holy shit, that’s depressing. I get bummed when we have one cloudy day. Couldn’t imagine only 165 days of sun, and 200 days of cloudy. Good luck RR, being close to your daughter will surely make lots of cloudy days seem more sunny!
[Reply]
loochy 08:44 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I don't have a job or a place to live yet...
Maybe you should sort that out before you go...I'm just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 08:55 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Lived in Syracuse for 3 years (1998 to 2000). I was just getting to like it when I left. Traffic's not bad, the air is clean, lots of trees and not a lot of people. The Finger Lakes are pretty with lots of cool small towns (used to drive to Skaneateles on the weekends). Rochester has some cool stuff. Lots of fall festivals in that area too. And you'll get to shop at Wegman's, the best grocery store chain on the planet. You could be moving to worse places.
You get spoiled by Wegmans. People miss that more when they move away than people. There is a great cafe inside the best grocery store you will ever walk in. When I go out of town and go to other stores it makes me gag to think people eat
the food in them.
[Reply]
Bewbies 08:58 AM 04-23-2018
Upstate NY in the fall is absurd. Like a painting wouldn't be accepted as real if you saw it on canvas.

Kids are way more important than where you live, so regardless of how good or bad everything else is, your daughter will more than make up for it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:59 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
You get spoiled by Wegmans. People miss that more when they move away than people. There is a great cafe inside the best grocery store you will ever walk in. When I go out of town and go to other stores it makes me gag to think people eat
the food in them.
They had some fucking good subs at Wegmans.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:00 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
Maybe you should sort that out before you go...I'm just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like the snow shoveling business is booming. Job found.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 09:16 AM 04-23-2018
They had some fucking good subs at Wegmans.
That's why its great you eat sub pizza wings pasta pannini salad whatever then shop on a full stomach instead of buying a bunch of crap cause you are hungry.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:44 AM 04-23-2018
Watch your cornhole bud. Bigfoot...
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:46 AM 04-23-2018
I stayed in Bath for a week during the end of winter. Not very fun.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up