ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So, I'm going to move to upstate NY
rabblerouser 08:19 PM 04-22-2018
I'm going to move up there to be close to my daughter. I don't know anyone in the area besides her, my ex wife and her husband, I don't have a job or a place to live yet...and I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this, but I can't do the distance any longer. Won't do it.

I have a bunch of music gear and records to sell, I could get a few thousand up pretty damn quick.

Rent isn't as bad as I thought it would be...I'm just going to miss the Midwest.

Just not as much as I miss my daughter.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:47 PM 04-22-2018
Also, It's beautiful up there. I'd give my left pinky finger to move to Manhattan.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:48 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Yep. Rainchester.
If you're one of those that doesn't mind rain, you won't have a problem. The snow is an afterthought with how prepared they are for it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:51 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If you're one of those that doesn't mind rain, you won't have a problem. The snow is an afterthought with how prepared they are for it.
When we first moved there we bought a snow blower and it was my job to get up in the mornings before school to clear the driveway. After 2-3 months of that shit we said **** it and hired a service to do it for us. :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:51 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I can smoke meat in the rain and the snow...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:52 PM 04-22-2018
When we first moved there we bought a snow blower and it was my job to get up in the mornings before school to clear the driveway. After 2-3 months of that shit we said **** it and hired a service to do it for us. :-)
Jesus.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:53 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I can smoke meat in the rain and the snow...
Giggity
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:53 PM 04-22-2018
Yeah, if it's REALLY bad, it's a pain in the ass, but luckily Buffalo is the city that gets buttfucked by the lake effect snow. If he's even more East than Rochester he probably won't have to deal with too many bad snowstorms.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:54 PM 04-22-2018
Catskills are beautiful. Way too cold and the snow too deep for me to live in upstate NY, but good luck to you.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:57 PM 04-22-2018
For reference, there are 215 sunny days per year in KC. There are 165 in Rochester.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:59 PM 04-22-2018
Pretty close - in between Syracuse and Rochester.

Finger Lakes, by Seneca Lake, Geneva/Ithica/etc
God dam bigfoot country there
[Reply]
DaFace 09:00 PM 04-22-2018
Pretty close - in between Syracuse and Rochester.

Finger Lakes, by Seneca Lake, Geneva/Ithica/etc
My wife's cousin and her family live in that area. Beautiful country. Hope you like wine.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 10:32 PM 04-22-2018
Want a positive? For everyone telling you how the snow sucks their summers suck. In upstate ny you will actually enjoy summer instead of getting heat stroke. The finger lakes area has amongst the most scenic roads in america with lakes on one side and mountains on the other. The fall colors in upstate ny put all others to shame. Welcome to the region.
[Reply]
eDave 10:49 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I absolutely love this.
It's reminding me of when I did the same thing in moving to Phoenix. No job, no place to live, nothing. Just moved and made it happen.

Never looked back.
[Reply]
bricks 10:50 PM 04-22-2018
Hey right on Rabblerouser. I wish you the best. Thats a very understandable decision. I live pretty close to Buffalo. Im about 2 hours away and go there from time to time. I’d recommend you go visit Niagara Falls sometime. Awesome place to chill and relax in the spring and summer. Scenery is beautiful.
[Reply]
go bo 12:04 AM 04-23-2018
I'm going to move up there to be close to my daughter. I don't know anyone in the area besides her, my ex wife and her husband, I don't have a job or a place to live yet...and I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this, but I can't do the distance any longer. Won't do it.

I have a bunch of music gear and records to sell, I could get a few thousand up pretty damn quick.

Rent isn't as bad as I thought it would be...I'm just going to miss the Midwest.

Just not as much as I miss my daughter.
damn, i was going to make a great joke about "have you registered yet"? but here you are talking about your daughter and all and i can't be dissing a guy's family...

a joke about having to register as a sexual offender just doesn't play well here...

bummer, it was a good joke too...

seriously, good luck with that man, it's heartening to see a man care about spending time with his child to help her grow up into a fine and caring adult...

i wish every father felt so strongly about their daughters...

kudos, dood, kudos!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up