ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So, I'm going to move to upstate NY
rabblerouser 08:19 PM 04-22-2018
I'm going to move up there to be close to my daughter. I don't know anyone in the area besides her, my ex wife and her husband, I don't have a job or a place to live yet...and I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this, but I can't do the distance any longer. Won't do it.

I have a bunch of music gear and records to sell, I could get a few thousand up pretty damn quick.

Rent isn't as bad as I thought it would be...I'm just going to miss the Midwest.

Just not as much as I miss my daughter.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-22-2018
You'll find that a lot of folks from Buffalo (if that's where you're going) are a lot like folks in the midwest.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:22 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
You'll find that a lot of folks from Buffalo (if that's where you're going) are a lot like folks in the midwest.
Pretty close - in between Syracuse and Rochester.

Finger Lakes, by Seneca Lake, Geneva/Ithica/etc
[Reply]
threebag 08:24 PM 04-22-2018
Hope all goes smooth and you get there soon :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:25 PM 04-22-2018
I lived in Henrietta, NY for 4 years. Be prepared for shit weather for pretty much 9 months.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:28 PM 04-22-2018
https://www.thedistillery.com

This was my go to place to watch Chiefs games during those horrible Pioli years.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:31 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I lived in Henrietta, NY for 4 years. Be prepared for shit weather for pretty much 9 months.
I lived in Pittsford from 1980-83. Liked it a lot. Although Rochester has had some hard times since then.

And yes, you have to put up with snow and slush from October to March.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:37 PM 04-22-2018
What field of work are you in? A lot of people lost their jobs when Kodak died, but a lot of businesses sprouted from all the workers that hit the market.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:37 PM 04-22-2018
I know - the weather, the not knowing anyone, and the whole "everything is expensive as fuck" parts are the big negatives.

Any other negatives/positives?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:38 PM 04-22-2018
What field of work are you in? A lot of people lost their jobs when Kodak died, but a lot of businesses sprouted from all the workers that hit the market.
I work in healthcare administration. I'm sure I can get an okay job up there...but if anyone knows anybody...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:39 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I lived in Pittsford from 1980-83. Liked it a lot. Although Rochester has had some hard times since then.

And yes, you have to put up with snow and slush from October to March.
Not to mention all the fucking rain. Pittsford was pretty nice to walk through, though. Even took the boat from there to Fairport and back a few times.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:40 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I work in healthcare administration. I'm sure I can get an okay job up there...but if anyone knows anybody...
Yeah, you should be fine with that. I was a highschooler when I lived there, so can't really help you much in the way of networking. Cost of living really isn't THAT much higher, unless you live in a neighborhood like Brighton. The rent on a big 3 story townhouse with a garage was around 1k.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:41 PM 04-22-2018
I know people think of the northeast as super expensive, but upstate NY is really not bad at all. Good luck man.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:45 PM 04-22-2018
Not to mention all the ****ing rain. Pittsford was pretty nice to walk through, though. Even took the boat from there to Fairport and back a few times.
Yep. Rainchester.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:47 PM 04-22-2018
I absolutely love this.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up