ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 85
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Handy-Man Corner
Iowanian 08:25 AM 09-24-2004
I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:13 PM 09-27-2006
Ok, i'll be getting my fridge delivered on Saturday. It has an icemaker - however, I do not have a water line on the side of the kitchen that it will be on (for the icemaker). The fridge will be right across from the sink, along the wall.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:16 PM 09-27-2006
You live in a condo, don't you?

1. Do you have unfinished basement below the kitchen?
2. Do you have some other form of water supply behind the fridge?
3. Do you have any plans to replace the flooring in the kitchen at any point in the future (because you could run the water supply under the floor but you'd have to open the subfloor temporarily and replace the flooring).

Adding a saddle-valve to tap into existing water supply is really easy. Your problem is getting it to the back of the fridge. Good luck.
[Reply]
Chief Henry 01:18 PM 09-27-2006
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Use a product called "Seafoam" if you can find it as well. It will prevent any kind of rust from building up in the engine while it sits.

This stuff works great.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 07:18 AM 11-21-2006
Our clothes dryer takes 3-4 cycles to get clothes dry. It is a 2-3 year old Maytag. The heating element is working as it is putting out warm air, the lint trap is kept clean and there are no obstructions or kinks in the exhaust hose.

Any ideas?
[Reply]
jspchief 07:23 AM 11-21-2006
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
Our clothes dryer takes 3-4 cycles to get clothes dry. It is a 2-3 year old Maytag. The heating element is working as it is putting out warm air, the lint trap is kept clean and there are no obstructions or kinks in the exhaust hose.

Any ideas?
You've covered all of my ideas. Replace the hose, clean the trap (you sure there's nothing blocking the line or the outside vent?).

It may still be the element. Is it putting out warm air or hot? Try just running a few pieces of clothing to see if they actually get hot.

I'm sure you've checked the heat settings....
[Reply]
PastorMikH 07:46 AM 11-21-2006
Originally Posted by jspchief:
You've covered all of my ideas. Replace the hose, clean the trap (you sure there's nothing blocking the line or the outside vent?).

It may still be the element. Is it putting out warm air or hot? Try just running a few pieces of clothing to see if they actually get hot.

I'm sure you've checked the heat settings....

Heat settings! :-)

(Just kidding)

:-)
[Reply]
markd2000 09:05 AM 11-21-2006
If you have oil spots on your driveway, spray some brake cleaner on the spot and then pat it with a thick paper towel. Repeat if necessary. Lifts the oil right out!
[Reply]
penguinz 09:10 AM 11-21-2006
Anyone know how to remove knockdown texture from walls?
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:17 AM 11-21-2006
I don't know about removing it....

I think you might be able to sand it, but that would probably just make a mess.

Is the current texture orange peel? If its not, I think I'd just take a flat putty knife (4-6") and scrape the tops off the bumps.

Others might have a different opinion, but I almost think it would be easier to buy a bucket of mud, water it down and smoothcoat the walls than sand the other stuff off.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:25 AM 11-21-2006
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
e current texture orange peel? If its not, I think I'd just take a flat putty knife (4-6") and scrape the tops off the bumps.
off.
This crap.

[Reply]
stumppy 09:36 AM 11-21-2006
Originally Posted by markd2000:
If you have oil spots on your driveway, spray some brake cleaner on the spot and then pat it with a thick paper towel. Repeat if necessary. Lifts the oil right out!
Or take some laundry detergent, the powder kind, sprinkle it on the spots and grind it in with your shoe. Rinse it off.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:41 AM 11-21-2006

Any ideas?
Does it have a knob to change multiple temp settings? My dryer has that and the knob is plastic. Over time, the inside of the knob (where it connects onto the metal) broke. The knob still stays on the metal just fine and looks normal. But when you try changing the settings, it doesn't work. Not sure if I'm making sense.
[Reply]
Stewie 09:42 AM 11-21-2006

Any ideas?
Go to the outside vent and see if there's good flow and warm air coming out.

The only other thing that may be happening is that your washer isn't spinning enough to get rid of excess water after the final rinse.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:42 AM 11-21-2006
penq....I'm not sure what others would do, but I'd buy a bucket of mud and smooth coat it. That would be quicker than trying to sand it off, seal the drywall and then fill dings and paint.
[Reply]
Brock 09:44 AM 11-21-2006
Originally Posted by penguinz:
This crap.

The easiest thing to do is fill it in with joint compound and sand as necessary.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 85
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Up