ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 162
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Does really good mean they easily win their first playoff game?

Because I see a rock paper scissors scenario. If Buffalo draws Baltimore, Tennessee first they go home.
Tennessee might beat them.

I don't see the Ravens beating anybody right now. They needed a borderline miracle to beat the Browns.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:03 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Tennessee might beat them.

I don't see the Ravens beating anybody right now. They needed a borderline miracle to beat the Browns.
they might.

I don't think they will.

and I think you underestimate Cleveland, but we've already established that. :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:05 AM 12-23-2020
We'll see.

The Browns are gonna have to prove they're not the same old Browns, especially after shitting down their leg against a RB-turned-QB who just got done shitting down his leg...literally.
They'll have Denzel ward back and probably Ronnie Harrison. If they're lucky greedy Williams, who has gone Eric berry on them this season. That's a substantial upgrade. Meanwhile Pittsburgh is a mess. Their defense is flat out not good after losing Dupree. Juju is going all Antonio brown and Tomlin once again can't seem to control his players immaturity. Can't run the ball for shit. And big Ben having to throw the ball 50 times a game looks bad, especially since it appears defenses have figured out their unimaginative offensive playcalling.

Browns are trending up while steelers are in total free fall.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They'll have Denzel ward back and probably Ronnie Harrison. If they're lucky greedy Williams, who has gone Eric berry on them this season. That's a substantial upgrade. Meanwhile Pittsburgh is a mess. Their defense is flat out not good after losing Dupree. Juju is going all Antonio brown and Tomlin once again can't seem to control his players immaturity. Can't run the ball for shit. And big Ben having to throw the ball 50 times a game looks bad, especially since it appears defenses have figured out their unimaginative offensive playcalling.

Browns are trending up while steelers are in total free fall.
We've seen the Browns trend "up" before. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns win but I have to see it happen before I will believe it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:14 AM 12-23-2020
We've seen the Browns trend "up" before. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns win but I have to see it happen before I will believe it.
when? like 1986?

:-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:30 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I was addressing his question concerning defenses, so most of my comments focus on that side of the ball.

But, you raise an interesting question. I think for the Titans, on defense they are all about the scheme, because they don't have any overpowering defensive players.

But on offense, they do want to be a physical team, and to some degree they are because Henry has a lot of success running the ball, but because Henry runs the ball so well, they scheme up a lot of play action passing plays to help Tannehill be successful, which is kind of the definition of finesse.

So, do we consider the Titans a physical team, or a finesse team?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
That's my point though: I don't think there any true "physical" or "finesse" teams. In the NFL, the disparity between the top teams and the bottom teams is not that great (see Steelers / Bengals, Jets / Rams, etc.), and every team uses scheme to take advantage of individual matchups when and where they can....
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:37 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
when? like 1986?

:-)
They won 5 of their last 7 in 2018, Mayfield set a rookie record, and then they came out in 2019 and lost 6 of their first 8.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:38 AM 12-23-2020
It's not the same old Browns, man. It's just not.

They might run for 300 yards against Pittsburgh in that game.
i'll believe it when Mayfield doesn't get raped by Pitt's D
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
i'll believe it when Mayfield doesn't get raped by Pitt's D
Yep.

Despite Pittsburgh's recent ineptitude, 6 of Baker's 8 interceptions have come vs. the Steelers, Colts, and Ravens this season. His other 2 came against Cincinnati.

He's thrown zero interceptions to the Texans, Jags, Giants, Eagles, Raiders, Cowboys, WFT, and of course the Titans.

He hasn't played anybody when it comes down to it.
[Reply]
alanm 10:53 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Wrong. Mahomes brings viewership, Allen does not. This is common sense stuff.
They both do. And unless KC is a national game or stand alone, Buffalo brings in more. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:56 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not related to the Steelers or Bills but interesting stat from the NFC

The Tits vs Packers game should be interesting. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:58 AM 12-23-2020
play-action isn't finesse. It's the byproduct of being physical. Andy Reid's motion and misdirection and weird shit that confuses the fuck out of defenses is finesse.
Someone made a comment about what makes a team a physical team, does a physical team tackle harder?

They were being facetious, but I was just trying to differentiate between a physical team and a finesse team on defense, and as such I deemed any team that relied on scheme to be successful, a finesse team.

It's not a perfect definition, but I do think that teams everyone considers "physical" are dependent upon having players who can consistently beat their individual matchups. Teams that people consider "finesse" don't have players who can win individually on a consistent basis, so they rely on their scheme to help players make plays.

I said a defensive team like the Saints was a physical team because they rely on their front four to beat their individual matchups to be successful, and that since we only had one player who consistently wins his individual matchup, we were more of a finesse team because we rely more on Spags scheme to be successful on defense.

Applying that logic to offense, I consider an offense designed around play action passing a scheme to put players, in this case the QB specifically, in a position to make plays, because the QB would not be very successful outside of the scheme. (See Tannehill's play in Miami vs Tennessee)

I was talking more about defenses, but I think examples on offense would be the Dallas Cowboys offensive line from the 90s or our offensive line with Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, Shields, and Tait, versus the many zone blocking offensive lines from Denver.

Our offensive line, and the Dallas offensive line, are two of the most dominant offensive lines in NFL history. The Chiefs and Cowboys offenses relied on each of those players to win their individual matchups to be successful.

But, the various Denver offensive lines that produced quite a few 1,000 yard rushers relied on the zone blocking scheme to be successful. They didn't necessarily need great individual linemen because the scheme made them successful.

Its just an opinion that I tried to support with specific examples.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:58 AM 12-23-2020
The AFC wildcard games should all end up being 3rd division games.

Dolphins vs Bills
Steelers vs Browns
Titans vs Colts
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:03 AM 12-23-2020
Yep.

Despite Pittsburgh's recent ineptitude, 6 of Baker's 8 interceptions have come vs. the Steelers, Colts, and Ravens this season. His other 2 came against Cincinnati.

He's thrown zero interceptions to the Texans, Jags, Giants, Eagles, Raiders, Cowboys, WFT, and of course the Titans.

He hasn't played anybody when it comes down to it.
There's also a side to that story that he's only thrown 1 int in the last 7 games. So is it strength of schedule or has he just gotten better and smarter? I want to hate the guy but it's just outstanding coaching. he does a lot of dumb things in the pocket but he surprisingly makes way less careless decisions throwing the ball
[Reply]
warpaint* 11:05 AM 12-23-2020
QBs in order of trust at this point to not crap the bed next month,

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Tua
4. Tannyhill
5. Ben
6. Baker
7. Rivers
8. Lamar

It’s a surprisingly shaky group.

I put Tua as high as I did in part bc the bright lights didn’t bother him in college and also in part bc of the group.

I don’t trust Baker to respond when the chips are down. Ben and Rivers are washed up. Lamar is lol.

Derrick Henry ain’t choo chooing the Titans home this isn’t 1997.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 162
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Up