ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 153
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153 >
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Fish 02:06 AM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 09:04 AM 04-21-2023
I enjoyed the episode. Nicely done. There were a lot of really cool visual elements and some compelling dramatic moments along the way. It was a fun ride and I'm looking forward to the next season. I'd like them to move Grogu's force/combat powers along more quickly; his save was a really nice touch but at least get him a weapon or something.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:13 AM 04-21-2023
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:14 AM 04-21-2023
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:19 AM 04-21-2023
Wasn't impressed with this season. Didn't like the ending. Too cutesy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:09 PM 04-21-2023
Spoiler!
Couple things. It's been out 2 days, surely we can dispense spoilers, right?

1. Gideon put motors in his suit, like Iron man. You could hear the motors whirring when he moved. That's why it was broken so easily.

2. I think it is an opportunity to rebuild Mandalor the way it should be, not the way it was. Everybody that's tried to lead by getting the Dark Sabre has ended in ruin for Mandalor. Let's do something else. I think that is the main takeaway.

3. Got this from a dork video, so take it for what it's worth. Dark Sabre has always been associated with war. Mandalorians need to focus on peace (see commentary in the underground garden where the native plants hadn't been able to grow since some civil war). Maybe Mando v2 focuses on using Beskar to make weapons of defense and growth rather than destruction and death.

Also they talked about the Dark Sabre being fucked up, at least compared to the Jedi sabres. Maybe breaking that piece of broken will help fix what is broken in the Mandalorian Society.

I dunno, interesting shit to think about from a pretty basic (but awesome - fuck off I was all about it) battle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
3. Got this from a dork video, so take it for what it's worth. Dark Sabre has always been associated with war. Mandalorians need to focus on peace (see commentary in the underground garden where the native plants hadn't been able to grow since some civil war). Maybe Mando v2 focuses on using Beskar to make weapons of defense and growth rather than destruction and death.
"And they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more..."

Interesting and probably pretty poignant perspective on the Dark Saber.

I mean...I just went with point 1 - dude was Iron Man.

Point 3 was better.
[Reply]
srvy 04:03 PM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wasn't impressed with this season. Didn't like the ending. Too cutesy.
Yeah I didn't enjoy this season as much as those past seasons.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:43 PM 04-21-2023
Ended better than it started, and the middle was really bad. Hope the next season is better overall.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:23 AM 04-22-2023
Finally watched the last episode. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Going to kind of suck now that this and Picard are over. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 12:27 AM 04-22-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Finally watched the last episode. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Going to kind of suck now that this and Picard are over. :-)
I started rewatching Battlestar Galactica before this, Picard, and Last of Us took over my attention. I'm going to go back to it. A few episodes in, and it holds up better than any 20 year old TV show has a right to.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:56 AM 04-22-2023
I started rewatching Battlestar Galactica before this, Picard, and Last of Us took over my attention. I'm going to go back to it. A few episodes in, and it holds up better than any 20 year old TV show has a right to.
Katee Sackhoff has held up pretty well, too. :-)
[Reply]
trndobrd 02:35 PM 04-22-2023
Looked like Dave Filoni didn't bother to stop by wardrobe.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:35 PM 04-22-2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Katee Sackhoff has held up pretty well, too. :-)
Has she always had those child-bearin' hips?

Because damn - she fills out that weird uniform thing awfully well...

I still don't think she's facially terribly attractive, but that figure is awfully nice...
[Reply]
Page 151 of 153
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153 >
Up