ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 153
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Fish 05:04 PM 03-30-2023
All these damn pirates, and still no

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:38 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
GODDAMN IT

I tried pretty hard to figure out where I knew the guy from and I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks for posting.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:52 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Reviews on this season have been not very favorable. :-)
It's not as good as the first 2 seasons, no.

It's not actively bad, but they set a bar that they haven't reached. I thought the first 2 episodes were awfully good and they sucked me in, but apart from a couple of cool (and extremely well done) aerial fight sequences and some interesting call backs, the show has meandered quite a bit through the middle.

We'll see if they pull it back together but you consider the middle episodes of last season had Bill Burr and the helmet remove and all that - it's a definite step down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:56 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I just love the Pirates.

Spoiler!
Right?

Fuck 'they' - evidently you could've just gone up there with Din and had him take out entire squadrons.

Though as I think about it, while I never got far into the animated stuff, don't the early episodes of Clone Wars have Anakin out there in a yellow version of that thing doing pretty much the same stuff? He has some crazy fast/maneuverable thing that just destroys as many ships as are necessary to advance the plot...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:02 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Right?

Fuck 'they' - evidently you could've just gone up there with Din and had him take out entire squadrons.

Though as I think about it, while I never got far into the animated stuff, don't the early episodes of Clone Wars have Anakin out there in a yellow version of that thing doing pretty much the same stuff? He has some crazy fast/maneuverable thing that just destroys as many ships as are necessary to advance the plot...
That was a Jedi starfighter, and Anakin fucking Skywalker.

I can somewhat handwave this away in a similar manner I suppose. Din being an epic pilot and Discount Ellen Ripley being a hell of a mechanic.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:19 PM 03-31-2023
I would agree that it's missing something this season. There's some good stuff in here (and I really did like the Pershing episode), but I think they're perhaps trying to tell too big of a story now, one that has likely been planned out for several seasons to come, and this show (at least the way it was formed/worked for the first two seasons) is maybe not the best platform for that.

For most of this season, Din Djarin/Grogu have been effectively thrown to the side to advance the arcs of Bo Katan/Mandalore. It is difficult to see how either one really fits into the greater New Republic/Empire Remnants story either. Those are cool things to see on screen but they really have little to do with our main characters.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:36 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I would agree that it's missing something this season. There's some good stuff in here (and I really did like the Pershing episode), but I think they're perhaps trying to tell too big of a story now, one that has likely been planned out for several seasons to come, and this show (at least the way it was formed/worked for the first two seasons) is maybe not the best platform for that.

For most of this season, Din Djarin/Grogu have been effectively thrown to the side to advance the arcs of Bo Katan/Mandalore. It is difficult to see how either one really fits into the greater New Republic/Empire Remnants story either. Those are cool things to see on screen but they really have little to do with our main characters.
This is Iron man 3.

I think we are treading water waiting for the other shows to advance the main plot before we get to Endgame.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:51 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is Iron man 3.

I think we are treading water waiting for the other shows to advance the main plot before we get to Endgame.
That's what it seems, yeah. They're building to something quite big (Thrawn?) that may or may not even be revealed this season.

Like with the MCU, it's ultimately the product of Disney using these shows/movies as vehicles to build up their extended universes (which they were obviously not necessarily doing in S1 of the Mandalorian when they had no idea what they had). That can sometimes be at the expense of the individual shows/movies in question.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:45 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Tell me that bringing Grogu back was about anything more than marketing.

Because you're right - it's been about Bo Katan and Manalore. And I'm 100% fine with taking it that direction because Din has been fleshed out enough as a character now that you need to find a new underlying story.

But man they messed up the story by bringing in back in Boba Fett and it's clear it was a panic response because he hasn't been needed in this season at all. They took the same story, wrote him into it and kept moving forward.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:42 PM 03-31-2023
I honestly don't see much difference in quality between this season and the first part of Season 1. If anything, Season 1 started feeling a bit samey at a certain point (Din goes somewhere, Grogu gets captured, Din saves Grogu, everyone flies home happy).

I think Season 2 and the Book of Mando Fett episodes set a really high bar in Mando's storytelling and now that we're back to world building, it feels like a step backwards.

I really have liked it, though. We saw several seeds planted in the first four episodes start to sprout in this one.
[Reply]
Fish 08:36 PM 03-31-2023
Yeah, I'm not really seeing any stark diversion from what they've been doing overall for the past 2 seasons. It's evident that they're trying to tie in the other shows. Which I don't really mind since they're all so interconnected anyway. I've really enjoyed this season, and I really think we're going to have Thrawn make the screen by the end of it.

I appreciate that it's still very unclear as to the direction of the Mandalorians. The potential of uniting them and reclaiming Mandalore. I like the unknowns at this point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:26 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, I'm not really seeing any stark diversion from what they've been doing overall for the past 2 seasons. It's evident that they're trying to tie in the other shows. Which I don't really mind since they're all so interconnected anyway. I've really enjoyed this season, and I really think we're going to have Thrawn make the screen by the end of it.

I appreciate that it's still very unclear as to the direction of the Mandalorians. The potential of uniting them and reclaiming Mandalore. I like the unknowns at this point.
how can a united Mandalore exist? This series and others streaming on Disney+ run up to revenge of the Jedi. There was no Grogu, united Mandalore etc.
[Reply]
loochy 09:01 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
how can a united Mandalore exist? This series and others streaming on Disney+ run up to revenge of the Jedi. There was no Grogu, united Mandalore etc.
This is way after that
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:11 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
derp. this is set 5 years after
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 AM 04-02-2023

[Reply]
Page 143 of 153
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147 > Last »
Up