ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 80
« First < 26667273747576 77787980 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:50 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What's the story with Deshawn Woods? He hasn't yet signed.
JC bound
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
JC bound
Hope not. That's not quite as bad as a decommit, but it's not far off. You'll have to go through the process to get him re-recruited and signed all over again.

It seems like Bill Self is less salty these days - Drink should give him a call and figure out how he seems to make every mouth breathing mongoloid he ever recruits 'academically eligible'...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:54 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hope not. That's not quite as bad as a decommit, but it's not far off. You'll have to go through the process to get him re-recruited and signed all over again.

It seems like Bill Self is less salty these days - Drink should give him a call and figure out how he seems to make every mouth breathing mongoloid he ever recruits 'academically eligible'...
College basketball seems to be lawless. UNC literally made up classes yet Jim Tressel was forced out for players getting free tattoos
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:55 AM 12-20-2021

You mean like Brandon Rush, holder of a 0.0 high school GPA as a Junior, 3-time honor student at ku? :-)

Re: Woods, I'm not sure if he got caught with a class credit not transferring as he thought or if it's a legit grades issue. I would suspect it's more the former than the latter, just based on what I've heard about him in the past.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:00 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
You mean like Brandon Rush, holder of a 0.0 high school GPA as a Junior, 3-time honor student at ku? :-)

Re: Woods, I'm not sure if he got caught with a class credit not transferring as he thought or if it's a legit grades issue. I would suspect it's more the former than the latter, just based on what I've heard about him in the past.
Seems like it's usually a transfer credit problem. Amazing how often some school just screws that up and suddenly some kid has to take underwater basketweaving over the summer as though that somehow better prepares him for college.

Oh well - hoping they can iron it out. Just too many places for it to go sideways if he heads to JuCo. At that point you just have to assume he's gone and hope for the best.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:32 PM 12-20-2021

That puts a couple former Pinkel staffers from Mizzou on new USC staff: Henson & Alex Grinch.

Coincidentally, before Pinkel promoted Henson to OC in 2013, he interviewed a young East Carolina assistant for the job: Lincoln Riley https://t.co/3cdmfODHDp

— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 20, 2021

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:53 PM 12-20-2021

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Seems like it's usually a transfer credit problem. Amazing how often some school just screws that up and suddenly some kid has to take underwater basketweaving over the summer as though that somehow better prepares him for college.

Oh well - hoping they can iron it out. Just too many places for it to go sideways if he heads to JuCo. At that point you just have to assume he's gone and hope for the best.
Or his point guard DaJuan Harris from Columbia. He couldn't qualify academically at Missouri State but could at Kansas? :-)
[Reply]
kepp 02:12 PM 12-21-2021
I've been trying to find an answer to this but have been unsuccessful...Is the Armed Forces Bowl going to be streamed on ESPN+? I have the Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ bundle and am hoping to watch it that way. I know it will be on "Watch ESPN"...does that mean ESPN+?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:34 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by kepp:
I've been trying to find an answer to this but have been unsuccessful...Is the Armed Forces Bowl going to be streamed on ESPN+? I have the Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ bundle and am hoping to watch it that way. I know it will be on "Watch ESPN"...does that mean ESPN+?
What's not included with ESPN+?
ESPN+ is separate from the ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNews cable networks, so a subscription will not grant you access to live games being broadcast on those channels. This means you can't use ESPN+ to watch live games during Monday Night Football. That said, some MLB games are still available to be streamed.

Your ESPN+ account is not the same as a cable login with access to the ESPN networks, so you'll still need cable or a live TV streaming service with ESPN to watch the actual channels.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:11 AM 12-23-2021
Bazelak entered the transfer portal.

Honestly, I'm a little torn here. A) I really liked Bazelak and thought he was a competent QB when healthy. Watching what Cook was able to do with his legs last night reminded me of what we lost when Bazelak had his lower body injury and essentially became immobile. Oftentimes in 2020 he looked very similar to what Cook looked like last night.

But man, Drink stood by him WAY longer than he should've and gave him every opportunity to succeed here. And then the instant he has to fight for a starting job he transfers? That's weak as hell.

I never like seeing a transfer, especially from the QB room. But when a guy's unwilling to even attempt to win a job back, a job that was his for 2 years, it makes me question his fortitude and wonder what kind of loss he really is.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:19 AM 12-23-2021

Honestly, I'm a little torn here. A) I really liked Bazelak and thought he was a competent QB when healthy. Watching what Cook was able to do with his legs last night reminded me of what we lost when Bazelak had his lower body injury and essentially became immobile. Oftentimes in 2020 he looked very similar to what Cook looked like last night.

But man, Drink stood by him WAY longer than he should've and gave him every opportunity to succeed here. And then the instant he has to fight for a starting job he transfers? That's weak as hell.

I never like seeing a transfer, especially from the QB room. But when a guy's unwilling to even attempt to win a job back, a job that was his for 2 years, it makes me question his fortitude and wonder what kind of loss he really is.
Realistically, do you think Drink would go back to Bazelak when Cook, Macon, and Horn are all younger and the team should be very good come 2023?

I don’t. Even if there was a competition.
[Reply]
phisherman 11:28 AM 12-23-2021
After Cook's game last night, Bazelak was as good as gone. He looked way better than Bazelak has looked at any point this year and I was pretty impressed with his poise.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Realistically, do you think Drink would go back to Bazelak when Cook, Macon, and Horn are all younger and the team should be very good come 2023?

I don’t. Even if there was a competition.
I think a healthy Bazelak could've forced his hand for a year.

Bazelak has better tools than Cook, IMO. He looked damn good when he was healthy. Cook can win you games against 2nd tier squads but if you have eyes on stealing one against UGA and maybe sneaking your way into the division race, Bazelak has more potential there.

But oh well. It is what it is.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:01 PM 12-23-2021
I think a healthy Bazelak could've forced his hand for a year.

Bazelak has better tools than Cook, IMO. He looked damn good when he was healthy. Cook can win you games against 2nd tier squads but if you have eyes on stealing one against UGA and maybe sneaking your way into the division race, Bazelak has more potential there.

But oh well. It is what it is.
Cook is easier to bench when Horn is ready than Bazelak would have been.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:01 PM 12-23-2021

Oh no.

Anyway
[Reply]
Page 76 of 80
« First < 26667273747576 77787980 >
Up