Nzoner's Game Room>Saints WR Michael Thomas is very sensitive
staylor26 06:29 PM 05-18-2020

All Parker did was answer the question
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:50 PM 06-05-2020
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBE4y_9Hj2S/

Originally Posted by :
To @realdonaldtrump

Through my ongoing conversations with friends, teammates, and leaders in the black community, I realize this is not an issue about the American flag. It has never been. We can no longer use the flag to turn people away or distract them from the real issues that face our black communities.

We did this back in 2017, and regretfully I brought it back with my comments this week. We must stop talking about the flag and shift our attention to the real issues of systemic racial injustice, economic oppression, police brutality, and judicial & prison reform.

We are at a critical juncture in our nation’s history! If not now, then when?

We as a white community need to listen and learn from the pain and suffering of our black communities. We must acknowledge the problems, identify the solutions, and then put this into action. The black community cannot do it alone. This will require all of us.
Holy shit. That is as legit as it gets.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:25 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by :
We as a white community need to listen and learn from the pain and suffering of our black communities. We must acknowledge the problems, identify the solutions, and then put this into action. The black community cannot do it alone.
So now we're officially prioritizing our compassion by skin color?

Forget black and white, I wonder how these messages go over in communities such as Hmong, Haitian, Sioux, and Bosnian.

I know the Bosnian neighborhood a couple miles south of me weren't too keen during the Furgeson riots when several of their community were dragged from their cars at random and executed.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:39 AM 06-06-2020
Yes. It's called recognizing the historical, current, and most likely future state of affairs in America.

Most of these confederate monuments in the South (and places like Indiana lol) that are causing big controversies now - were erected in the 1930s to 1960s. Think about that. What crystal-clear message is that sending to the local black community? It has absolutely nothing to do with honoring history and everything to do with sending a message about who is in charge, and who better be scared.

Here's a voting literacy test in the Jim Crow south - which was of course arbitrarily applied only to black people (the rule was you had to prove a 5th-grade education, or get someone to vouch for you who knew you in 5th grade - just perfect for arbitrary application):

10 minutes, no wrong answers. Good luck!

Oh but wait, that's just page one of three.

Remember - this is supposed to be a literacy test, nothing more. I can't imagine the level of corruption and cynicism that everyone up and down the line must have had to create and administer that test. Just pure evil.

I have a stop sign in front of my house in "liberal" Redondo Beach. Sometimes cops set up to bust people for running it. I've sat and watched them on multiple occasions. % of people with dark skin that I've seen pulled over vs. white people? 100%. DWB = Driving While Black, is not just a joke.

Here's a picture of my buddy Anthony in Hermosa Beach. About 20 of us were sitting in chairs on the beach, in a big circle, under umbrellas, drinking out of red solo cups. The cops walked up, singled him out, and wrote him a ticket for alcohol on the beach. He was the only black person in the whole group.

He laughed it off at the time. So we did too. Later one night he confided in my how much trouble he had with cops growing up in LA. Anthony is the most easy going, instantly likable guy I've ever met. Literally everyone loves Anthony. Somehow I always figured he was immune to that kind of stuff. That he'd just smile at the cop and say hi and get treated with kid gloves (like I always do). That was wrong.

That's what all this stuff is about.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:06 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Even Drew Brees disagrees with you.
So you think that Drew Brees doesn't think of his grandfathers and their sacrifices when he stands for the anthem? That's a rather silly take there.

Also, do you think because people are up in arms that Drew Brees is going to stop thinking about his grandfathers and their sacrifices when the anthem plays.

To me, this is why you stand your ground: if you were honest in your original opinion, then you have nothing to be ashamed about. But now, Brees put himself in a bad position (assuming that some type of anthem protesting will resume): Placate your teammates by participating (at the expense of your true feelings) OR Shit on the legacy of your grandfathers by participating in something you don't really desire to do.

There are millions of ways to support the cause, without sacrificing who you are to do it.

In a way, I actually commend Colin Kaepernick more at this point. At least the dude never wavered in his opinions. Brees folded like a lawn chair when push came to shove.....
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:25 AM 06-06-2020
It is the anthem they are kneeling for, not the flag. Took me too long to get that
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:38 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
It is the anthem they are kneeling for, not the flag. Took me too long to get that
They are inseparable: The process is "the presentation of the colors", and the anthem is played during that presentation.

Don't get me wrong: If people want to take a knee, then take a knee....but to look down on people who don't share that belief is both non-sensical and inappropriate. The flag and anthem mean different things to different people. There is nothing racist or insensitive about it.

I personally don't care if people want to take a knee, but it's not something I would personally do or condone. Doesn't make me right, nor others wrong. It simply makes us different. But, since I'm comfortable in my skin, I don't feel like I have to do anything or say anything other than what I believe in. I know who I am, and I know what I'm about, and that's all I can be....
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:43 AM 06-06-2020
I do not recall the kneeling as the flag is brought out. Any way I can separate the flag from the anthem, a little better now. "The land of the free" I think is the concern
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:50 AM 06-06-2020
I do not recall the kneeling as the flag is brought out. Any way I can separate the flag from the anthem, a little better now
That's cool....again, no right or wrong here.

May I ask "why protest the anthem"?

And my thought of them being separable stems to the military: Upon presentation of the colors each morning, the anthem is played, and anyone within earshot should stop and salute (if in uniform) or stand at attention (if not in uniform), and civilians usually place their hands over their hearts. Those driving actually stop their vehicles in respect.

Also, I'm curious, has there been an instance where the anthem was played without the presentation of colors? I mean, certainly, I'm sure it's happened, but I wouldn't think that is a normal, common occurrence.

***not disagreeing with your position, just curious and would like to discuss!
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:58 AM 06-06-2020
I added, latter: that I think "The land of the free" is the concern.

It was written, I believe, during the War of 1812.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:13 AM 06-06-2020
I added, latter: that I think "The land of the free" is the concern.

It was written, I believe, during the War of 1812.
thanks for the answer....

I certainly don't agree with that reasoning, but appreciate it. Thank you for the answer....
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 10:17 AM 06-06-2020
This is a consumer society. The more new to replace the old the better!
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:22 AM 06-06-2020
This is a consumer society. The more new to replace the old the better!
May I ask how you came about the understanding that it was that line in the anthem that is being protested and not the flag?
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 10:25 AM 06-06-2020
It was said some time ago. Do not recall the when or circumstance
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:28 AM 06-06-2020
It was said some time ago. Do not recall the when or circumstance
didn't know if it was a first-hand conversation you've had with somebody, or read it somewhere.....again, just curious. Thanks for the discussion
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 10:38 AM 06-06-2020
this guy needs to go the way of antonio brown....mouthy you know what.
[Reply]
Spott 06-06-2020, 10:47 AM
This message has been deleted by Spott.
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Up