ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2337 of 4820
« First < 1337183722372287232723332334233523362337 233823392340234123472387243728373337 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:48 AM 08-13-2019
So many experts had Lock going mid round 1 and that scared the shit out of me because I didn't think he was worth it. I loved the Fant and Risener selections. Doesn't matter if you get a strong QB and your OL and TEs suck.

They held out and there he was with the 3rd selection, it doesn't have the pressure to start him now. I would have been fine had they bypassed him, but they liked him.

Lock doesn't start unless Flacco gets hurt and we'll see if there's anything left in that tank and whether or not the OL plays better. That's the key. I like the improvements on OL and the fact that Munchak is there. RBs look good, I really like Fant and the receivers are solid.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:50 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
A project QB, isn't that what Mahomes was? Why did Reid keep Smith around if he knew Mahomes was going to be so good?
IIRC, they kept Smith because it was cost prohibitive to drop him... and why not keep him around until they moved forward with Mahomes? And, I don't recall anyone ever really calling him a project. Possible gimmick TT QB that might not perform so well in the NFL - yes, we all heard that and he crushed those doubters.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:55 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I really like Fant and the receivers are solid.
What? You dont have a WR that has over 40 catches...except for a 32 year old Sanders and he has a repaired Achilies. He inst even able to do full practices yet...

You have a bottom 5 group of receivers...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:00 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
What? You dont have a WR that has over 40 catches...except for a 32 year old Sanders and he has a repaired Achilies. He inst even able to do full practices yet...

You have a bottom 5 group of receivers...
I said "solid"... you react as if I said they're top 5.

So, Sanders had 71. Sutton (rookie) had 42. Thomas had 36 before they traded him... and then Hamilton (rookie) started getting those targets, he had 30 receptions.

But, yeah when you just look at it through your glasses... great point.

We'll find out soon how well Sanders has recovered. I like the potential for Sutton and Hamilton.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:06 AM 08-13-2019
I said "solid"... you react as if I said they're top 5.

So, Sanders had 71. Sutton (rookie) had 42. Thomas had 36 before they traded him... and then Hamilton (rookie) started getting those targets, he had 30 receptions.

But, yeah when you just look at it through your glasses... great point.

We'll find out soon how well Sanders has recovered. I like the potential for Sutton and Hamilton.
:-) So bottom 5 is the "new" solid? Should have just kept Keesum...he was pretty solid too by that rationale.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:08 AM 08-13-2019
We want that roster to be solid so they're constantly picking in the 15-20 range.

Elway has no idea what to do at the quarterback position. His evaluation has been horrible.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:20 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We want that roster to be solid so they're constantly picking in the 15-20 range.

Elway has no idea what to do at the quarterback position. His evaluation has been horrible.
Horseface has been "solid"...he's had back to back bottom 5 QBs. Flaccid has been "solid" the past 2-3 years.

They've won a solid 11 games over the past two seasons.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:28 PM 08-13-2019
Solid takes...
[Reply]
KCTitus 06:01 PM 08-13-2019
Solid takes...
yeah..and the Solidest of the solid was this gem...

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
A project QB, isn't that what Mahomes was? ...

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:28 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
yeah..and the Solidest of the solid was this gem...
You don’t trade up in the first round for a project quarterback. Unless you’re Failway then you trade up for Pickston Lynch. Then you release him after his second year, and 4 starts.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:34 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You don’t trade up in the first round for a project quarterback. Unless you’re Failway then you trade up for Pickston Lynch. Then you release him after his second year, and 4 starts.
Yeah, but moving from 31 to 26... kinda meh. Not disagreeing with the failure piece, just saying they weren't lighting the world on fire with that move up.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:55 PM 08-13-2019
Yeah, but moving from 31 to 26... kinda meh. Not disagreeing with the failure piece, just saying they weren't lighting the world on fire with that move up.
I try to put myself in a GM's shoes...if you have a QB like Mahomes in your division and a top 5 coaching staff. What do you do?

Horseface had to know that Flaccid wasn't exactly going to excite their fans. I think drafting Lock was a PR move...gives the fans something to hope for. He's about the only interesting story going on for them this year...

If he turns into something, it's a bonus. If not...his presence has kept the fans engaged until they have a shot at a legit QB.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:59 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I try to put myself in a GM's shoes...if you have a QB like Mahomes in your division and a top 5 coaching staff. What do you do?

Horseface had to know that Flaccid wasn't exactly going to excite their fans. I think drafting Lock was a PR move...gives the fans something to hope for. He's about the only interesting story going on for them this year...

If he turns into something, it's a bonus. If not...his presence has kept the fans engaged until they have a shot at a legit QB.
I like that it's fairly quiet at this point.
[Reply]
manchambo 11:38 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

This game?

Eeesh. If you say so.

Ok, let me be clear here. If we still had Brodie Croyle playing QB i'd be pretty excited over this kid too. I'd be looking at the positives too.

But, i'm not so...

He threw an INT, but there shoulda been 3-4 Ints. Two of them were just straight up dropped by the defender. He had two nice passes, got a receiver's head removed and everything else was a check down.
The Chiefs went decades without a Franchise QB. Now they have one and you're wondering why Denver can't find two per draft.
[Reply]
manchambo 11:44 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Whats so funny is Denver had the 20th pick in the draft while KC had the 27th. Reid/Veach/Dorsey was smart enough to know there were a couple teams that were ready to pounce on Mahomes from 11 on down.

Our staff made the smart decision while Elway sat there and drafted Bolles.:-)
A fairly ridiculous conclusion, considering that (a) the teams picking 1-9 obviously weren't sold on Mahomes, and (b) the teams picking 11-19 also were in better position than the Chiefs or Broncos to trade up for him, and none of them did it either.

It takes very motivated reasoning to look at that situation and say that Elway was particularly stupid in that situation.
[Reply]
Page 2337 of 4820
« First < 1337183722372287232723332334233523362337 233823392340234123472387243728373337 > Last »
Up