ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2236 of 4818
« First < 1236173621362186222622322233223422352236 223722382239224022462286233627363236 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Kramsdickinhisrectum did come back during the Raven's game, the second Baltimore took the lead. Then promptly disappeared afterwards...:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:01 AM 01-03-2019
Our friendly neighborhood mule tools are just here to "talk football"
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:09 AM 01-03-2019
Welcome to,"Meh, hardly a collapse." :-)
It is what it is... we'll see who they bring on as coach and what happens from there. For those that call themselves true Broncos' fans, just buckle up and hope for a rebuild the right way. They have a lot of key components, but need a lot of work.

Teams can be rebuilt pretty quickly in today's NFL.

Stretches of bad football that I've seen:
92-95 (4 seasons)
06-11 (6 seasons)
16-present (3 seasons)

Hell, I'm only half-way through the most recent trip through Suckyville. In due time, it will get better. Won't happen overnight and they're paying for the sins of crappy drafts right now, and not retaining those players that did pan out over the last 5-6 years.

I'm buckled in...
[Reply]
JimNasium 11:15 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It is what it is... we'll see who they bring on as coach and what happens from there. For those that call themselves true Broncos' fans, just buckle up and hope for a rebuild the right way. They have a lot of key components, but need a lot of work.

Teams can be rebuilt pretty quickly in today's NFL.

Stretches of bad football that I've seen:
92-95 (4 seasons)
06-11 (6 seasons)
16-present (3 seasons)

Hell, I'm only half-way through the most recent trip through Suckyville. In due time, it will get better. Won't happen overnight and they're paying for the sins of crappy drafts right now, and not retaining those players that did pan out over the last 5-6 years.

I'm buckled in...
Hang in there man. I hope the wait is much longer this time though. In Elway Chiefsplanet trusts!:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:18 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
Hang in there man. I hope the wait is much longer this time though. In Elway Chiefsplanet trusts!:-)
Thanks... this is where Elway gets to prove just what kind of legacy he leaves as the front office guy. It's ok to get outside the comfort zone and make some decisions with people that have no ties to past success.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:04 PM 01-03-2019
If Elway would have moved up and drafted Mahomes- his legacy would be set and the Donks would be going to the Playoffs. But he didn't, thank God- now has watched Mahomes beat his team 3 straight times including twice at home.

How long has it been since the Donks won a game against the Chiefs??
[Reply]
Bewbies 12:12 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
If Elway would have moved up and drafted Mahomes- his legacy would be set and the Donks would be going to the Playoffs. But he didn't, thank God- now has watched Mahomes beat his team 3 straight times including twice at home.

To be fair, he did move up and get his guy. The guy he wanted to build his franchise around.

Paxton Lynch. LOmf地L. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:16 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
To be fair, he did move up and get his guy. The guy he wanted to build his franchise around.

I am glad he did- we would not have Mahomes now.

That was a Franchise killing move. That is how you end up with Case Keesum.

Mahomes would average 6,000 yards a year in that thin donk air and would kick our asses twice a year forever.
[Reply]
TEX 12:24 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Bewbies:

Yep! And I remember some of our resident Mule Toolers actually rubbing it in when he did. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:29 PM 01-03-2019
I am glad he did- we would not have Mahomes now.

That was a Franchise killing move. That is how you end up with Case Keesum.

Mahomes would average 6,000 yards a year in that thin donk air and would kick our asses twice a year forever.
Let's be honest... they traded 31 and a R 3 to move to 26. They didn't exactly mortgage the future. But, yes - that trade made it unwise to trade up again the following year.

Hell, I can't argue with the Chubb pick at 5 last year - but rather than saying what they missed with a big trade up for Mahomes, you could point to last year. I wasn't thrilled with any of the QBs, looks like Mayfield would have been worth it... they passed on Josh Allen, which I was happy with at the time.

Leading into the draft, I was curious about Lamar Jackson and how he would play and as he fell to the bottom of R1, I was hoping they traded back into R1 to get him.

Doing that, they would have missed on Sutton and he looks good. So, considering how Chubb and Sutton have fared, I don't have an issue really - both have huge futures. I'm not sold on Jackson or Allen being long-term QBs of the future.

Mayfield though... I still think he's a douche, but he played well. Not making a move from 5 to 1 could be regrettable. We'll see.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:29 PM 01-03-2019
Yep! And I remember some of our resident Mule Toolers actually rubbing it in when he did. :-):-):-)
One of those wasn't me... I had Tebow flashbacks, not based on the style of play, just didn't want Lynch.
[Reply]
TEX 12:43 PM 01-03-2019
One of those wasn't me... I had Tebow flashbacks, not based on the style of play, just didn't want Lynch.
Nope, not you. You had / have more sense than most of your kind, but you're just biding your time... :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:13 PM 01-03-2019

Well... I知 not counting, BUT it痴 been 39 months, or 172 weeks, or 1204 days depending on how you look at it!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:38 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Well... I知 not counting, BUT it痴 been 39 months, or 172 weeks, or 1204 days depending on how you look at it!
Is there just one leap year in that span...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:48 PM 01-03-2019
Let's be honest... they traded 31 and a R 3 to move to 26. They didn't exactly mortgage the future. But, yes - that trade made it unwise to trade up again the following year.

Hell, I can't argue with the Chubb pick at 5 last year - but rather than saying what they missed with a big trade up for Mahomes, you could point to last year. I wasn't thrilled with any of the QBs, looks like Mayfield would have been worth it... they passed on Josh Allen, which I was happy with at the time.

Leading into the draft, I was curious about Lamar Jackson and how he would play and as he fell to the bottom of R1, I was hoping they traded back into R1 to get him.

Doing that, they would have missed on Sutton and he looks good. So, considering how Chubb and Sutton have fared, I don't have an issue really - both have huge futures. I'm not sold on Jackson or Allen being long-term QBs of the future.

Mayfield though... I still think he's a douche, but he played well. Not making a move from 5 to 1 could be regrettable. We'll see.
not moving up to draft Mahomes should have cost elway his job. The donx had better ammunition to get the deal done but either a) failed to execute or b) failed to identify talent.

Compounding the issue is giving Keemun any money at all, as it also ****ed up your tank.

Reid put clown shoes on elway (again) and the donx continue to ask for another
[Reply]
Page 2236 of 4818
« First < 1236173621362186222622322233223422352236 223722382239224022462286233627363236 > Last »
Up