ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 144
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:55 PM 01-18-2020
Tanny is not that good. He had his shot and was let go. He's nothing more than Henry. They win because of the running game. Keep Henry from going nuts and they will lose.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:00 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
See how it goes. Here is Tannehill's game log. He had a bunch of games this season above 130 passer rating. It was an "out of his mind" season in general for him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/game...ryan-tannehill
Anything can happen, especially in a football game. I just don't see Tannehill suddenly throwing for 300+ and 3-4 TDs. Could it happen? Sure. We have endless examples of QBs whose play rose far above their normal for a game or two.

But it's unlikely.

And I just have more confidence in Spags/House/Daly than I do in one former bust Tannehill.

Well, and Honey Badger. I think he's going to steal Tannie's heart tomorrow.

I found this last night, and meant to share it this morning. Spags talks for a minute about HB and how he plays:

I especially like the part where Spags say, "I'm watching him (HB) and he starts doing his thing, and I'm saying, 'where is he going? That's not how we drew that up? Oh, good job . . .'" Pretty funny.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:17 PM 01-18-2020
Look it, the time for talk is over. We have analyzed things every way imaginable. We know on paper who the better team is. We know this can and should be the first time this playoff season the Titans are going to face an offense that can score and will not hand them a short field.

Victory comes down to these simple things tomorrow:

1. Take care of the ball
2. Don't hand them short fields
3. Pray the fluky bullshit that plagues us in these games is kept away
4. Defend your house
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:27 PM 01-18-2020
Saw on the video in another thread.

Mahomes 8-0 after a 4 td game

Mahomes 3-4 against BB coaching tree.

Looks like he’ll be evening out after this one.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:49 PM 01-18-2020
Get your voodoo candles, dolls and whatever else out and let's recall and banish the whack job things that have happened to us in the past. Curse them away....

1. TG out of bounds takes away TD
2. Holding on a FG to tie the game that was missed after the penalty
3. Fumble bounces back to QB who scores a TD
4. Phantom hold on 2pt conversion to tie game
5. Forward progress called on QB sack and fumble which kept the ball with offense and led to FG
6. Pass deflected back to QB who catches it and scores TD
7. Roughing the passer called on 2 & 7 for literally touching Tom Brady's shoulder which avoided 3rd & 7 and gave them 1st & 10 and ended up in a TD

Next we curse away the choke and unfortunate plays and coaching decisions:

1. QB gets hurt in the AFCCG game
2. 4 INT's
3. 3 missed FG's
4. Missed FG to tie
5. No forced punts
6. Star RB gets hurt for the game
7. Can't get foot in bounds to set up game winning FG
8. Can't convert 2 pt conversion
9. Defense can't hold 28 point lead
10. Star TE takes cheap shot and is out for game
11. Defense can't hold 17 point lead
12.Defense can't hold 3 point lead for 2 min allows TD
13. Defense allows opening drive TD in OT

Say whatever prayers you must say...
Pray to whatever Gods or Goddesses you pray too...
Wear your socks backwards, inside out, whatever...

It's time for us to have a game free of the fluke bullshit.
It's time for us to have a game free of chokes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:49 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Saw on the video in another thread.

Mahomes 8-0 after a 4 td game

Mahomes 3-4 against BB coaching tree.

Looks like he’ll be evening out after this one.
I have a beef with calling Vrabel a part of the Belichick coaching tree. I'm not calling you out, Coochie, because I saw that stat quoted on GMFB. I know it's being put out there, but I think it's fake news. It's a shitty stat. Vrabel is NOT a part of the Belichick tree.

Vrabel's only direct connection to Belichick was as a player, not a coach. Well, if that's the case, then can't you make the argument that Kliff Kingsbury belongs on the Belichick coaching tree? I don't see anybody doing that.

In fact, Vrabel has said many times that he was bitter about the way Belichick tossed him out the door in the Cassel trade. It was almost like Belichick said, "And if you call in the next 10 minutes, we'll throw in Mike Vrabel absolutely free!" just to sweeten the pot. If you despise the people you worked with, are you a part of that tree?

He was surrounded by Belichick disciples in Houston through Bill O'Brien, but that doesn't mean he's from the Belichick tree.

Same coaching family is good enough? That's the only other argument I can think of. Problem there is many guys work under multiple head coaches over a career. Are we double-dipping now? Or do we have to run a 23 and me on a guy's goddamn coaching heritage? Like, John Harbaugh is firmly a part of the Andy Reid coaching tree. Philadelphia Andy Reid is the only NFL head coach he has known to work under. But John Harbaugh has had the following assistants in his time as a head coach:

Rex Ryan
Hue Jackson
Chuck Pagano
Jim Caldwell
Gary Kubiak
Mike Pettine
Vic Fangio

Strong heritage connection or not, it just doesn't work to go back two generations and claim those guys under Andy Reid. You MIGHT have an argument for some of them under the John Harbaugh tree, but that's it.

We need more clarification on this!
[Reply]
petegz28 05:51 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I have a beef with calling Vrabel a part of the Belichick coaching tree. I'm not calling you out, Coochie, because I saw that stat quoted on GMFB. I know it's being put out there, but I think it's fake news. It's a shitty stat. Vrabel is NOT a part of the Belichick tree.

Vrabel's only direct connection to Belichick was as a player, not a coach. Well, if that's the case, then can't you make the argument that Kliff Kingsbury belongs on the Belichick coaching tree? I don't see anybody doing that.

In fact, Vrabel has said many times that he was bitter about the way Belichick tossed him out the door in the Cassel trade. It was almost like Belichick said, "And if you call in the next 10 minutes, we'll throw in Mike Vrabel absolutely free!" just to sweeten the pot. If you despise the people you worked with, are you a part of that tree?

He was surrounded by Belichick disciples in Houston through Bill O'Brien, but that doesn't mean he's from the Belichick tree.

Same coaching family is good enough? That's the only other argument I can think of. Problem there is many guys work under multiple head coaches over a career. Are we double-dipping now? Or do we have to run a 23 and me on a guy's goddamn coaching heritage? Like, John Harbaugh is firmly a part of the Andy Reid coaching tree. Philadelphia Andy Reid is the only NFL head coach he has known to work under. But John Harbaugh has had the following assistants in his time as a head coach:

Rex Ryan
Hue Jackson
Chuck Pagano
Jim Caldwell
Gary Kubiak
Mike Pettine
Vic Fangio

Strong heritage connection or not, it just doesn't work to go back two generations and claim those guys under Andy Reid. You MIGHT have an argument for some of them under the John Harbaugh tree, but that's it.

Agreed. Vrabel is not part of the BB tree.
[Reply]
philfree 05:58 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yes of course. And with a strong running game to setup play action. Jared Goff in 2018 is an example of that. You still have to execute the throws. Tannehill's previous career high passer rating was under 94 for a season. He averaged over 117 this year. The guy is out of his mind these days.
He doesn't throw 24 passes a game. Those are under really favorable conditions. If he has to throw he's not so good.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:01 PM 01-18-2020
So it’s going to be extremely cold tomorrow. I don’t hate it.

I know Mahomes can play in that stuff, not sure about Tannehill...
[Reply]
petegz28 06:06 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So it’s going to be extremely cold tomorrow. I don’t hate it.

I know Mahomes can play in that stuff, not sure about Tannehill...
Not going to be much different than the Indy game last year. Plus our field is heated.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:11 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Rex Ryan
Hue Jackson
Chuck Pagano
Jim Caldwell
Gary Kubiak
Mike Pettine
Vic Fangio

I agree with this. Vrabel is just ASSOCIATED with BB because he played under him.

and while I'm sure it has influenced his view of how an NFL team is organized and run, it doesn't mean he's from 'THE TREE'.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:26 PM 01-18-2020
We’re at t-minus 20 hours guys. I’m really starting to feel it now.

LFG!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:29 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
We’re at t-minus 20 hours guys. I’m really starting to feel it now.

LFG!!!!!!!!
Me too. The Anxiety is starting to build. Last week i woke up at 2:30 AM and couldn't fall back asleep.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:46 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Me too. The Anxiety is starting to build. Last week i woke up at 2:30 AM and couldn't fall back asleep.
When Miami beat NE I called the Chiefs v. Titans for the AFCCG. I knew the NE offense could not produce and the Ravens would be wishing they hadn't rested their starters for so long.

Although I think the Ravens lost more to idiotic coaching to a point I was right in large part.

I also called the Chiefs by 17 over the Texans

On the Monday before the Texans game I had a dream we were up 43-0 in the first half. You can imagine how I felt when I saw that it might happen except we were looking to be on the wrong end of things.

Now I can't get a read on this game. I am admittedly conflicted by the past and the luck the Titans seem to always have against us. Somehow, some way they always seems to pull something out of their ass with or without assistance from the Refs.

So now I can only come to this conclusion at the moment:

We already had our game against them this season where the lucky, fluke bullshit bailed them out. So it's done for this season. No more.

We broke the Indy chokehold in the playoffs last season
This season we break the Tennessee shit

As much as everyone is talking up Henry, the odds and situation favor us.

But I will say this, if the Titans can come in here and beat us then hats off to them for what they have accomplished. I don't think they will or want them too, especially via a fluke play or call.

All that being said, 38-17 Chiefs
[Reply]
BWillie 07:05 PM 01-18-2020
Everyone is really shitting on Ryan Tannehill. He put up the best passer rating in the NFL this year. He is certainly capable. Yes he has a huge benefit of getting to play with the best RB and getting to catch defenses off balance a bit when they do pass since it isn't as often as the NFL norm but hes had a great year and can make plays.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 144
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Up