ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 933 of 2688
« First < 433833883923929930931932933 934935936937943983103314331933 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:14 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
:-) BUT THIS OFFENSE TAKES AT LEAST FOUR YEARS TO MASTER... said someone once :-)
Maybe you just need to study harder in it. Like for WRs needing to know all three positions. Watkins needs to get with the program because hasnt worked hard enough or maybe he's just lazy.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:30 AM 08-31-2018
:-) BUT THIS OFFENSE TAKES AT LEAST FOUR YEARS TO MASTER... said someone once :-)
Or.... PMII will say "Fuck it, I'm throwing deep". Then the beautiful majesty of aerial bombs and and bleeding anus' that the opposition will suffer shall be very gratifying.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:43 AM 08-31-2018
I don't think even Pat would say he's mastered anything comprehensively yet.

More like he's moved on from foundational coursework to advanced coursework.

Which is fine. Right where he should be. But no need to gild the lily.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:55 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Maybe you just need to study harder in it. Like for WRs needing to know all three positions. Watkins needs to get with the program because hasnt worked hard enough or maybe he's just lazy.
Did we ask any of our other WRs to learn all the positions in 6 months' time?

I think the Watkins contract was dumb, but for fuck's sake. Lazy? That's just retarded.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:05 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Did we ask any of our other WRs to learn all the positions in 6 months' time?

I think the Watkins contract was dumb, but for ****'s sake. Lazy? That's just retarded.
He's a vet WR that should be able to learn what he needs to learn before the season starts. He's not a rookie and has played on two other teams. Study and work hard to be prepared . I don't think anyone here thinks he's prepared. He caught 2 passes?
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:24 AM 08-31-2018
He's a vet WR that should be able to learn what he needs to learn before the season starts. He's not a rookie and has played on two other teams. Study and work hard to be prepared . I don't think anyone here thinks he's prepared. He caught 2 passes?
I know there's coach talk and there's the truth. But typically if a guy isn't doing well in the playbook, Reid will say something like, "Tough kid, like his energy, blah blah." He didn't say that. He said Watkins is learning the material faster than any WR he's ever had.

I don't think Reid would say that just to get people off his back, and I don't think it's very common for WRs on their first year with the team (vet or not) to have to learn as much as Watkins has.

He's not being lazy.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:29 AM 08-31-2018
Sammy Watkins worth ethic has never been questioned, in the draft, on any team he's been on.

He's in a complex offense being asked to learn a bunch of it quickly, give the guy some fucking slack here. Obviously knowing all those positions will get him more balls but that shit takes time, this isn't Madden where everyone can do everything immediately.

I would pretty much stake anything that Watkins has a far better season than anyone is expecting.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:44 AM 08-31-2018
My draft agrees with you
[Reply]
Shaid 08:56 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
My draft agrees with you
Someone in my league dropped Watkins so I immediately snatched him up. People put way too much stock in preseason. He's not one of my starters at this stage but he's absolutely bench worthy.
[Reply]
FAX 09:03 AM 08-31-2018
I am coming around to the idea that this is Watkins' and Reid's version of the Rope-A-Dope.

Jim Brown used to do this ... or so they say. After being tackled, he'd rise slowly, gingerly, painfully and either stumble or limp back to the huddle (I think James Brown got this idea from him, maybe). Anyhow, the defense would slap each other on the patoot several times and exclaim, "Aha! We've done it! He's done." Then, Brown would come at them again like a raging rhino ... but faster and meaner and wearing a helm.

I'm pretty sure these guys (Watkins and Reid) know what they're doing.

FAX
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:12 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
I am coming around to the idea that this is Watkins' and Reid's version of the Rope-A-Dope.

Jim Brown used to do this ... or so they say. After being tackled, he'd rise slowly, gingerly, painfully and either stumble or limp back to the huddle (I think James Brown got this idea from him, maybe). Anyhow, the defense would slap each other on the patoot several times and exclaim, "Aha! We've done it! He's done." Then, Brown would come at them again like a raging rhino ... but faster and meaner and wearing a helm.

I'm pretty sure these guys (Watkins and Reid) know what they're doing.

FAX
I like your posts... Particularly on that Kaepernick lawsuit thread.

Carry on
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:26 PM 08-31-2018

Not enough has been made about Showtime Mahomes sideline interview last night talking about the offense only showing ~25% of their offense thus far. Saying they had run only run install 1 and 2 of their play which are Day 1 installs. Said there were 13 total installs right now.

— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) August 31, 2018

[Reply]
Nickhead 08:29 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Or.... PMII will say "Fuck it, I'm throwing deep". Then the beautiful majesty of aerial bombs and and bleeding anus' that the opposition will suffer shall be very gratifying.
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I don't think even Pat would say he's mastered anything comprehensively yet.

More like he's moved on from foundational coursework to advanced coursework.

Which is fine. Right where he should be. But no need to gild the lily.
i just recall this as the excuse for another qb when he first got into reids system. i think pat and sammy, and everyone else on the offense is just fine :-) :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:06 PM 08-31-2018
It's not Sammy's work ethic i'm worried about.

I'm more worried that he's just not that good.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:08 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's not Sammy's work ethic i'm worried about.

I'm more worried that he's just not that good.
Watkins is a good kid. I’m sure he sees guys like Robinson, Kemp and others showing up when they get opportunities and doesn’t want to loan out his spot while healing. I think he’s playing through a hip injury that’s impacting his ability to be dynamic to keep his role in the offense.
[Reply]
Page 933 of 2688
« First < 433833883923929930931932933 934935936937943983103314331933 > Last »
Up