ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 34
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>Homeland on Showtime
BigRedChief 08:40 PM 10-11-2011
Looks promising. Lots of good actors and a premise with lots of potential.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:09 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I just dont get it. Showtime doesn't need to worry about demographics and ratings like networks. Why have a 14 year old girl as a major part in an international intrigue based show? Who wants to watch a brooding 14 year old act like a whiny bitch?
Maybe there is something more to all of that bullshit, maybe she plays a bigger role in all of this. If not, then WTF is the point?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:15 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I just dont get it. Showtime doesn't need to worry about demographics and ratings like networks. Why have a 14 year old girl as a major part in an international intrigue based show? Who wants to watch a brooding 14 year old act like a whiny bitch?
She was the only person Brody could relate to in season 1 and perhaps still even now. She's the reason he didn't set off the vest (the 2nd time). She's also a vehicle to humanize Brody.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:24 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
She was the only person Brody could relate to in season 1 and perhaps still even now. She's the reason he didn't set off the vest (the 2nd time). She's also a vehicle to humanize Brody.
She still is going to be killed by Doakes.

Just wait.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:48 AM 12-06-2012
Doakes is giving Lila the Chocolate Pain...in hell.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:49 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by PGM:
Doakes is giving Lila the Chocolate Pain...in hell.
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:54 AM 12-07-2012
I'm really afraid the show jumped the shark this past week. Everything was bad about it. Nazir kidnapping an important CIA operative, Brody's task to kill the VP, return of Finn, etc. Even Lewis' acting was bad this episode.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:43 PM 12-07-2012
I understand that part. But, you can accomplish that without all the face time. The sub plot of the VP son, her brooding all the time etc.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:46 PM 12-07-2012
I'm really afraid the show jumped the shark this past week. Everything was bad about it. Nazir kidnapping an important CIA operative, Brody's task to kill the VP, return of Finn, etc. Even Lewis' acting was bad this episode.
There was many WTF moments that last episode but it has a lot of well made episodes in the bank and its only its 2nd year. It's still the best show on television.

I'm not ready to call Fonzie on the show.
[Reply]
Sorter 01:46 PM 12-07-2012

[Reply]
Bowser 01:01 PM 12-10-2012
They hit the turbo boost button these last two episodes, as in "well, that escalated quickly".

I'll save the spoiler for those that may have not seen it yet (and judging by the lack of discussion, not many have yet).
[Reply]
jiveturkey 01:03 PM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They hit the turbo boost button these last two episodes, as in "well, that escalated quickly".

I'll save the spoiler for those that may have not seen it yet (and judging by the lack of discussion, not many have yet).
I just don't see where they're going but I had the same issues at the end of season 1.

They've basically wrapped up the current story line and put a bow on it.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:06 PM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by jiveturkey:
I just don't see where they're going but I had the same issues at the end of season 1.

They've basically wrapped up the current story line and put a bow on it.
I can see where they're going, maybe, but hopefully I'm wrong about it.

The season felt like a King novel - great storytelling, then HOLY SHIT IT'S THE END WRAP IT ALL UP KTHXBI.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:16 PM 12-10-2012
Body double.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:19 PM 12-10-2012

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:57 PM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by Bowser:

If you haven't seen the current episode, stay out. Thats the way it is in all the media center threads. anything aired is fair game.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 34
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up